ADVERTISEMENT

Hassan Whiteside blames coaches for his no good, terrible, rotten, very bad play

One guy’s game fits with the evolution of basketball and another guy is a dinosaur.

Evolve or die.

Exactly, Whiteside didn't stay at MU long enough to learn or develop any kind of shot beyond about 5 feet from the basket. After his first stint in the NBA, he was either away from the game or playing in a lower level of pro ball somewhere.

When he got back in the League, the game had changed. Low post, back to the basketball style of ball has given away to a whole different style. Also hurting his game is his reluctance or inability to pass the ball effectively from his position. Look at the Heat's stats: Whiteside hardly averages one assist for every 2 or 3 games!!

Reactions: AmeriKenny
Exactly, Whiteside didn't stay at MU long enough to learn or develop any kind of shot beyond about 5 feet from the basket. After his first stint in the NBA, he was either away from the game or playing in a lower level of pro ball somewhere.

When he got back in the League, the game had changed. Low post, back to the basketball style of ball has given away to a whole different style. Also hurting his game is his reluctance or inability to pass the ball effectively from his position. Look at the Heat's stats: Whiteside hardly averages one assist for every 2 or 3 games!!
Spacing offensively has hurt him, but so has spacing defensively. I remember listening to a Knick broadcast a few years ago where Whiteside has to be taken off the floor because he couldn’t defend the high PnrR...yeah, against the KNICKS. He was signed for “rim protection”, but when the offense takes you away from the rim, your best attribute is eliminated.

He’s a one trick pony, making $100M. Good luck, Heat lol. The back to the basket/rim protecting center who can’t defend/play on the perimeter is equal to a tight end/fullback in football who can’t be a receiver out of the backfield. The usefulness just isn’t there anymore.

Last edited:
Man, I wish I could get paid $100 M for poor performance......(opps, am I saying I now perform poorly or just want that much money???)

It wouldn't have mattered if he had stayed as he would not have learned anything new playing for Herrion anyway. Whiteside really sounds like an idiot to be honest and doesn't seem to have matured from his short rental at MU.

Reactions: Sean Hammond
It wouldn't have mattered if he had stayed as he would not have learned anything new playing for Herrion anyway. Whiteside really sounds like an idiot to be honest and doesn't seem to have matured from his short rental at MU.

Might be right as to whether he stayed. I believe at the time he left reports claimed he had stopped going to classes. Good chance he may not have been academically eligible to play the next season at MU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT