ADVERTISEMENT

Have to give it to the guy

johns1124

Gold Buffalo
Aug 13, 2004

Her father Joe, seems to be keeping it together. If I were him I would be in Florida telling Laundrie he has 30 seconds to tell me where my daughter is or I would put some lead in his diet.

The guy needs everyone's prayers and respects the way he is handling this trying time.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong I get not talking to LE. But.....

If there was a separation, I don't see why he cannot give the location where she left or departed the van to have a starting point. Apparently, he has not even done that. He just came home with her van. Immediately, lawyered up. That seems fairly disingenuous for a fiancée.

Have they tried looking at triangulating the cell phone tower pings or seeing if Jay or Stephanie know about this?

Reactions: johns1124
Don't get me wrong I get not talking to LE. But.....

If there was a separation, I don't see why he cannot give the location where she left or departed the van to have a starting point. Apparently, he has not even done that. He just came home with her van. Immediately, lawyered up. That seems fairly disingenuous for a fiancée.
If you lawyer up, you are guilty, if you do not, you are an idiot.

Have they tried looking at triangulating the cell phone tower pings or seeing if Jay or Stephanie know about this?

I was about to say that Carl, unless the phone was turned off. They may be able to determine a somewhat starting point. But no help out of the BF. I don't know. Taste bad.

If you lawyer up, you are guilty, if you do not, you are an idiot.
Not necessarily. Getting a lawyer is smart because he is suspect #1. But give the minimal info to start the search.

The way, apparently; he is acting it's like. He knows he did a good enough job hiding the body it will never be found so why worry about anything. No Body, very little chance of any conviction.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Hypothetical.

You are on a vacation with your SO. You are getting on each others nerves and have a blow up causing the police to be called. A few days later you have apologized and made up and back to being in love. You go on a hike and she really slips and takes a header off a cliff. Who’s going to believe you didn’t push her?

The guy would seem to be guilty of something, but I thought what if some strange thing like that happened? No way in hell anyone is going to believe he didn’t push her. So you’re standing there looking at her dead body in a ravine, what do you do? You will lose in a jury trial 100% with that situation and spend your life in jail.

Hypothetical.

You are on a vacation with your SO. You are getting on each others nerves and have a blow up causing the police to be called. A few days later you have apologized and made up and back to being in love. You go on a hike and she really slips and takes a header off a cliff. Who’s going to believe you didn’t push her?

The guy would seem to be guilty of something, but I thought what if some strange thing like that happened? No way in hell anyone is going to believe he didn’t push her. So you’re standing there looking at her dead body in a ravine, what do you do? You will lose in a jury trial 100% with that situation and spend your life in jail.
I mean what are your options? Say “I don’t know where she is” then a week later they find the body and find your cell phone pinged a local tower the same time hers first did, then REALLY nobody will believe you since you lied.

Probably damned if you do, damned if you don’t, but I’ll take my odds on a jury believing that the guy who called emergency services ASAP didn’t do it over the guy who tried to hide it.

But, also, after that call I would say nothing without a lawyer.

I was about to say that Carl, unless the phone was turned off. They may be able to determine a somewhat starting point. But no help out of the BF. I don't know. Taste bad.

Not necessarily. Getting a lawyer is smart because he is suspect #1. But give the minimal info to start the search.

The way, apparently; he is acting it's like. He knows he did a good enough job hiding the body it will never be found so why worry about anything. No Body, very little chance of any conviction.

My post was mostly a really nerdy and shitty reference to the podcast Serial. It me me laugh, but I think I was the only one.

I imagine they have, but it's not exactly a robust cell network out where they were and very likely her last location is far off the beaten path...

He knows he did a good enough job hiding the body it will never be found so why worry about anything.
...as I was saying, far off the beaten path. That's real wilderness, the kind people get lost in and never found.
A few days later you have apologized and made up and back to being in love. You go on a hike and she really slips and takes a header off a cliff. Who’s going to believe you didn’t push her?
Wouldn't that be a bitch. And I'd STFU too if that were the case.

I know it sounds heartless, but even if he didn't kill her I don't blame him for not talking. The police are not your friends.

Her boyfriend is somewhere with a self inflicted bullet hole in his head.

If not he should be hoping that Law Enforcement finds him, and not some guys looking to dole out some Southern Justice.

At this point in time and history, he is the most hated person in America.

Reactions: AmeriKenny
If not he should be hoping that Law Enforcement finds him, and not some guys looking to dole out some Southern Justice.

At this point in time and history, he is the most hated person in America.
I wouldn't be surprised if that Southern Justice has already been doled out and that's why he can't be found. I remember when those 4 high schoolers were shot and killed in Huntington, they never found the killer, but I heard that justice was dealt by a vigilante in the most cruel way you can think of. Think wood chipper.

I wouldn't be surprised if that Southern Justice has already been doled out and that's why he can't be found. I remember when those 4 high schoolers were shot and killed in Huntington, they never found the killer, but I heard that justice was dealt by a vigilante in the most cruel way you can think of. Think wood chipper.
What? Tell more.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
What? Tell more.
I don't know if it was true or not, but one of my 20th St. CVS customers in Huntington in 2007 told me that this is what they did. They said it was some biker gang that took care of the killer(s). I can't think of the name of that biker gang right off hand, but if you told me the name I'd remember.

Wonder why he killed her. Pregnancy?

Makes me think of what I'd have done in his shoes. Makes me more grateful that no woman ever let me in those shoes. I was way too hideous in looks and personality to ever attract even flies. Mosquitoes bite me, but that's about it. Even they probably don't enjoy it.

OMG I think that's it. I was going to say Avengers but the Pagans sounds right. It was one of the two.
I've never heard this story. What was the story with the 4 high school kids that were killed. There used to be Avengers around Huntington.

I've never heard this story. What was the story with the 4 high school kids that were killed. There used to be Avengers around Huntington.
You do not remember the quadruple homicide? Have you also forgotten about Leah Hickman?

I remember it well because the girl was in my class in highschool but I don’t know how well known it was generally.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT