ADVERTISEMENT

Herd pretty much . . .

MichiganHerd

Platinum Buffalo
Aug 17, 2011
Brewpub w/coeds
Controls their own destiny. Should win next two games, and wouldn't surprise me to see them win out, including a win over Louisiana Tech. Schedule stacks up nicely, and the other contenders (WKU and FAU) are bound to end up with two conference losses by season's end. Win this week, and you pretty much own the tie breaker scenarios. At worst, Marshall should go 4-1 the rest of the way.

I said they would be 2-2 or 1-3 in OOC and then go undefeated in CUSA. Looks like possibly the only stumbling block was the fiasco in Murfreesboro

The key to the whole shootin' match is this week... With WKU at 4-0, if they beat us they will about knock us out of contention. A win would put them 5-0 and us at 2-2 and they would own the tiebreaker.

Saturday can make or break us, especially considering we should beat Rice, Charlotte and FIU.

Reactions: ohio herd
We definitely need to win the WKU game at home this Saturday. They seem to be a surprise this year.

I said they would have one shi* the bed CUSA game. I did not think it would be the game against Middle Tenn. Let's see if they can win out.

This is a very winnable game. Winning on Saturday sets up MU nicely for the rest of the regular season. I think they get it done and put themselves in the driver’s seat in the East.

I would say it’s winnable considering WKU lost to a FCS team not named North Dakota at home. The fact we are playing them at home and people aren’t predicting we will win this game by 3 TDS says a lot about where people think we are as a program right now.

this game will not be close. I am not worried about this game at all. Other than 2016 Doc does a good job beating bad teams at home. WKU is bad.

I would say it’s winnable considering WKU lost to a FCS team not named North Dakota at home. The fact we are playing them at home and people aren’t predicting we will win this game by 3 TDS says a lot about where people think we are as a program right now.

this game will not be close. I am not worried about this game at all. Other than 2016 Doc does a good job beating bad teams at home. WKU is bad.

Western is on a 4-game winning streak and is certainly as good or better than MTSU... I agree that we should win in Huntington over another mediocre CUSA opponent, but we are not good enough to mark any game down as an easy "3-TD" win.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Western is on a 4-game winning streak and is certainly as good or better than MTSU... I agree that we should win in Huntington over another mediocre CUSA opponent, but we are not good enough to mark any game down as an easy "3-TD" win.

Marshall is favored between 4-6 pts. If the game were played in BG I believe Marshall would be favored by 1-2 pts.
WKU is hard to figure out at times but one thing is for sure.
Forget the loss to C. Arkansas, WKU isn't the same team.
If stats were to decide the winner I would say this game is going to be a thin margin, but in this rivarly you just never know.

My optimistic prediction is WKU 30 Marshall 27
My pessimistic prediction is Marshall 30 WKU 21

Looking forward to the game on Saturday. #GoTops

Reactions: GoHerdMarshallYes

I saw a brief part of WKU's game against Charlotte and Charlotte drove down the field and scored.

Just glancing at their game results says they rely heavily on defense and don't score very much. Their defense does a solid job too.
The games against "good" teams are close wins, but low scoring.

I really don't know how to measure WKU.
Any thoughts to share on them?

I saw a brief part of WKU's game against Charlotte and Charlotte drove down the field and scored.

Just glancing at their game results says they rely heavily on defense and don't score very much. Their defense does a solid job too.
The games against "good" teams are close wins, but low scoring.

I really don't know how to measure WKU.
Any thoughts to share on them?

I haven't watched an entire WKU game, but I have seen part of two games (a nice win over UAB and loss to Louisville)... They kind of remind me or Marshall in a lot of ways. Defense is bend-but-dont-break, they do a good job of limiting big plays. Offensively, they appear to be as frustrating to watch as we are (bad on 3rd down, bad in red zone, turnover prone) they are pretty balanced in terms of play selection, but they only average 80 yards per game on the ground at 3.1 yards per carry.

Overall, I expect a close game like the WKU fan said above... Likely in the single digits either way in terms of margin of victory.

Reactions: GoHerdMarshallYes
I haven't watched an entire WKU game, but I have seen part of two games (a nice win over UAB and loss to Louisville)... They kind of remind me or Marshall in a lot of ways. Defense is bend-but-dont-break, they do a good job of limiting big plays. Offensively, they appear to be as frustrating to watch as we are (bad on 3rd down, bad in red zone, turnover prone) they are pretty balanced in terms of play selection, but they only average 80 yards per game on the ground at 3.1 yards per carry.

Overall, I expect a close game like the WKU fan said above... Likely in the single digits either way in terms of margin of victory.

Hopefully the team can continue the momentum from FAU.
Cheers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT