ADVERTISEMENT

Herd recruiting class ranked 122

Signed 18 kids with 8 of them being 3*

Then you add the 8 Futures from last year and the transfers from Miami and we will be good

We added a Parade All-American, Nationally ranked punter, a few All-State kids from their respective state largest classification. And 4 kids who led their team to a state championship.

In other words......We Good over here

According to the head man - all is well , got just what was/is needed to fix the areas of concern, now how long will it take the current staff to ruin the talent or perceived talent we could have signed an entire class of 5 stars but with the current staff in place , NFL Pro Bowlers wouldn't stand a chance- have to agree with Marine 03

Last edited:
So, stars don't count, the system is screwy, MU is doomed because of a #400 recruiting class, Alabama only gets 7 star guys, and the sky is falling.

Sorry, Fever said something that makes a lot of sense. My foundations are rocked.

Reactions: Herd Fever
So, actually, MU is 89th. Or put another way 19th among the "group of 5" or 6th in CUSA (which, of course, includes probation bound FAU's amazing class).

That is not great, but it is not 122nd. It is slightly below our average during the Doc era.

Reactions: Herd Fever
Got to wonder about the relative "validity" of the "stars system". Note that one MU recruit was a 3 star player and the other school listed as recruiting him was . . . . . Eastern KY. Then we got a player rated a 2 star prospect and among his listed offers/interested teams were 3 POWER SCHOOLS plus South Florida!! Go figure!!

Reactions: WV_Celt
Got to wonder about the relative "validity" of the "stars system". Note that one MU recruit was a 3 star player and the other school listed as recruiting him was . . . . . Eastern KY. Then we got a player rated a 2 star prospect and among his listed offers/interested teams were 3 POWER SCHOOLS plus South Florida!! Go figure!!
I've believed and said for years that sites like Rivals and Scout and 24/7 have clearly changed a guy's rating based on where he had offers from, or where he verbally committed during his senior year. There's absolutely no way some one like Christian Hackenburg was legitimately a blue chip prospect, or Tim Tebow and his utter lack of fundamentals. With Tebow, I can accept that he fit the bill physically and in desire to win, but he had almost no arm talent. Hackenburg had a massive cannon arm, but would overthrow a 5 yards away receiver. But both guys committed to big programs, so they just HAD to be rated high.

The paper does not show heart. The problem our team has is that I didn't see very much heart last year. Even in those who were scored well. I would rather have a 2 star with heart and drive to get better, than a 3, 4 or 5 star that thinks he is god's gift to whatever team he decides to go to.

Highly touted players mean squat when they are all booted off the team for undisclosed reasons.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT