ADVERTISEMENT

HERDNATION.COM Herdnation.com's bold predictions and quick takes for 2017

Astonished to see 6-6, 7-5 predictions from homers. Now I'm concerned.

I think the Miami, OH game, as sad as it sounds, is huge for overall season success. Lose that one, and I can see a fragile team falling apart at the core, and limping to a 4-8 record. Win it, gain some momentum, and perhaps they could reverse that to an 8-4 mark.

It does all come down to Little Miami. Lose to Little Miami, means 1-3 non-conf. As we saw last year, this team, and this QB have the potential to just quit trying. That would be a disaster in terms of record and the last two games would set a record low live gate. 3-1 or 2-2 means we have a shot.

All 3 of you have the Herd losing 3 out of the last 4, but having a winning or even record.

We should have 6 wins simply by being undefeated at home. There is nobody on our home schedule that is superior to us and in my opinion that's the only teams Marshall should ever lose to at home. 2 MAC schools and 4 CUSA schools. Losing to a top 10 Louisville team at the time at home was acceptable. Losing to mediocre G5 teams at home is unacceptable. There are no Boise States or Ben Rothlesberger lead Miami teams or some of the Utah or TCU teams when they were G5 playing at the Joan this year. It will be a who's who of mediocre teams.

So in my opinion we go 9-3. We win all of our home games and lose on the road to Cincinnati, NC State, and MTSU. We win the other 3 road games and go 9-3. This to me would show we are on our way back, and would win our division most likely putting us in the CUSA championship game.

A 7-5 or 6-6 record is pathetic with the talent on this team and the schedule we play. Literally we will only play one team on our schedule that will legitimately be better than us and that's NC State. We have as much talent or more talent than anybody else on the schedule.

Gotcha. I just feel that USM may be a one trick pony on offense and that they underperformed last year with a good qb and rb. If we are as improved as I think we are, we should win that game even on a short week.........if we aren't deflated from a UTSA loss.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT