ADVERTISEMENT

Here's a SBC Conversation Thread

BleedsGreen33

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Jan 25, 2010
Some think we're in with USM and others are acting like we haven't expressed enough interest yet so they want to look elsewhere.

The SBC East teams want to add 4, but the West teams only want to add two.

While they don't seem to be in complete agreement that we will accept an invite, they are all convinced USM is coming no matter what.

Hope Marshall, USM, La Tech and WKU go to the Belt. Annual games with App, Coastal and Ga Southern are better than FIU, ODU and Middle.
There appears to be a lot of bad blood between the SBC and LaTech.

Some think we're in with USM and others are acting like we haven't expressed enough interest yet so they want to look elsewhere.

The SBC East teams want to add 4, but the West teams only want to add two.

While they don't seem to be in complete agreement that we will accept an invite, they are all convinced USM is coming no matter what.

What the hell would a bunch of random dudes on a sports message board know about anything?

Well, except us, of course. We know what we're talking about 😂

If this happens, every administrator in the Schewey should be fired on the spot.
Considering the fact that we currently only have an acting administrator in the Shewey Building firing them would be well interesting I guess and the head guy in Old Main is leaving and you have to wonder how much even he cares about our athletic future.

Reactions: The Real SamC
Considering the fact that we currently only have an acting administrator in the Shewey Building firing them would be well interesting I guess and the head guy in Old Main is leaving and you have to wonder how much even he cares about our athletic future.
I am sure they both care deeply. It's a pride thing and leaving a school in better shape than when they came in. O'Malley wants the AD job so he grab it by leading us through this unsettled period and come out smelling like a rose.

Reactions: caliherd
The ultimate decision will be made above O'Malley's head. And definitely above Gilbert's. There is definitely a lot going on behind the scenes here and elsewhere. Former MU athletes and connections definitely involved.

This is probably bigger than both of them. They are probably being told what to do. My guess is this is BOG level stuff, big donor level stuff, lawyer stuff, and politicians involved.

Between CUSA and the Sunbelt, I personally think Marshall is one of the bigger swinging dicks left in the room.

I have faith.

Reactions: 19MU88
This is probably bigger than both of them. They are probably being told what to do. My guess is this is BOG level stuff, big donor level stuff, lawyer stuff, and politicians involved.
Agree.
Between CUSA and the Sunbelt, I personally think Marshall is one of the bigger swinging dicks left in the room.
MU looks good. MU has plenty of positives. Solid football and OK basketball facilities. Solid history. Good fan base compared to this level. National championship level soccer. And our biggest one, we don’t play in the shadow of a major program in our own state, we are the only team in the east without a power 4 team in our state.

Negatives? A few. A surly and unrealistic fan base. Baseball. Bad airport(s). A dysfunctional basketball situation. But the biggest is plain old demographics. The city, state, and region are dying.

Still we are in better shape than most.

Nothing official, but Twitter is abuzz saying Southern Miss to the Sun Belt is now a done deal and Marshall will be done soon.

Our Herdnation twitter account (I have no idea who runs it) just posted a GIF of the Sun with no context in response to some realignment banter.

Rumor is ODU is now scrambling trying to find teams to "save" CUSA (but it doesn't look good).

If this is true, CUSA is dead and the folks at ODU, FIU, MTSU, WKU, La Tech and UTEP are in trouble. Better be burning up some phone lines.

I am sure they both care deeply. It's a pride thing and leaving a school in better shape than when they came in. O'Malley wants the AD job so he grab it by leading us through this unsettled period and come out smelling like a rose.
I agree with that but keep in mind his prior experience was at UMass with KO Marcum and came here with him and has paid his dues at least to Marshall. My question is what “connections” does he have outside of CUSA? Remember MH has gotten us most of our future OOC games. Just saying.

I agree with that but keep in mind his prior experience was at UMass with KO Marcum and came here with him and has paid his dues at least to Marshall. My question is what “connections” does he have outside of CUSA? Remember MH has gotten us most of our future OOC games. Just saying.
Being associated with KO isn't the best, I'll give you that. But I am sure O'malley has connections and I would bet good money MH is helping him along the way. I don't think he's out there on an island all by himself. jmo.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT