ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Meister

bbneutralfan

Gold Buffalo
Sep 29, 2010
OK you seem to be the most knowledgeable person of the men’s basketball team and you sure don’t like my criticism of the team so give me your view on the game tonight at Duquesne. Seriously tell us. You say you attend all (well most) practices starting back in the summer and have progressed with the team to the present so where are we? This after the loss just now to Duquesne.

Just cause you have nothing better to do then to attend practice does not mean you are knowledgeable.

Meister is a very loyal fan, he knows what he has seen in practice. He should be congratulated -- not chastised -- for his loyalty.

This team will come around. No chemistry yet and we miss Peneva. It may get worse before we see better -- including tonight, six of the next eight games are on the road!

WKU was also getting beat by a nobody tonight.

Whoa. Hold on there johns. Seems as if I have seen you criticize me in other threads. I addressed meister because his posts state/reflect his personal view of the team because he stated he attended and watched beginning in the summer. He does not like my opinion so I was asking for his. That said I could not agree with you more and thank you for your comment that “attending practice does not make you knowledgeable.”

Reactions: The Real SamC
OK you seem to be the most knowledgeable person of the men’s basketball team and you sure don’t like my criticism of the team so give me your view on the game tonight at Duquesne. Seriously tell us. You say you attend all (well most) practices starting back in the summer and have progressed with the team to the present so where are we? This after the loss just now to Duquesne.
I posted in another thread but here goes again.
After watching the 2 practices leading up to Ohio I was not surprised by the performance over there. This week, however, practice on Monday and Tuesday seemed to go well. Much more energy and ball movement. I was as surprised as anyone over the performance last night.
As was said above, it is early and they, like all Danny's teams have done, start to gel and it will come around.
As was also said above, it was expected by everyone that knew anything about college hoops that Marshall and WKU would be 2 of the better mid majors in America. Both teams have been big disappointments so far. In fact WKU maybe even more than Marshall.
I have Jan 3rd (ODU away) and Jan 12th (WKU home) circled on my calendar.

I posted in another thread but here goes again.
After watching the 2 practices leading up to Ohio I was not surprised by the performance over there. This week, however, practice on Monday and Tuesday seemed to go well. Much more energy and ball movement. I was as surprised as anyone over the performance last night.
As was said above, it is early and they, like all Danny's teams have done, start to gel and it will come around.
As was also said above, it was expected by everyone that knew anything about college hoops that Marshall and WKU would be 2 of the better mid majors in America. Both teams have been big disappointments so far. In fact WKU maybe even more than Marshall.
I have Jan 3rd (ODU away) and Jan 12th (WKU home) circled on my calendar.

I agree. If you look at DD's teams since he started 5 years ago, they will generally start to play more like a team should after the non-conference schedule is completed. I believe he wants them to experience being embarrassed when they abandon the system. Once the entire team buys into his plan and stops reading their press clippings, I look for the Herd to get better. jmo

Reactions: chuck1069
I agree. If you look at DD's teams since he started 5 years ago, they will generally start to play more like a team should after the non-conference schedule is completed. I believe he wants them to experience being embarrassed when they abandon the system. Once the entire team buys into his plan and stops reading their press clippings, I look for the Herd to get better. jmo

I agree with yags, not sure embarrassment is DD’s objective. Hope I’m right on this one.

listen to his plan better.

Some of us like me have no clue what the heck his plan is. The only set play I seen them run yesterday was a 3-High weave looking down to the baseline for a Hi-Low. I only seen them run this 3-4 times. Most of the time he seems to be in a Freelance Offense. Which works in the NBA, but doesn't do crap for an undersized team in College.

DD wants to run a up-tempo, run-gun game but the is no plan to crash the boards for Offensive rebounds (last night was around 14%) you normally aim for 22-24%. Every uptempo system I am failure with Machine Gum Offence or the Grinnell System both has everyone, but the shooter crashing the O-boards. Apparently, Danny doesn't see fit to do that.

You cannot run that type of O, if you don' think you can outscore your opponent. and 43% isn't going to get that done when you undersized and refuse to use a Zone D. Leaving too many easy points in transition. I can't tell you how many times I seen a Herd drive to the baseline, get stuck, try to skipper pass out to the 3-point line just to get the ball intercepted. Easy points the other way.

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
ADVERTISEMENT