ADVERTISEMENT

Hey ZILLA

Do you pleasure that our team is struggling? Obviously you are NOT a Herd fan!
You woke Dan's number one fan, BBNeutral! No one takes pleasure in this group's struggles. That is the issue with Marshall athletics. People who get so close to the coaching staffs and then do not want them held accountable. It is embarrassing. These guys make a good living and deserve every bit of criticism when their teams stink up the joint.

Was Duhan the real floor coach?

This happened to Rick Huckabee when Dan Bell left. We went downhill in a handbasket.

Guys we gave up over 90 points to 2 teams with horrible records. It's a known fact that we play no defense and hope to outscore teams. When you shoot 3-25 from three against UTEP and 9-30 against So Miss you're not going to win. Plain and simple. This "style" of basketball is awful at best and will never equal a consistent winner. Just my opinion.

IMHO, it is really not appropriate to take pleasure in any Herd loss, nor should we call out posters who have a relationship with a coach.

That said, since this is the post game analysis, we are toasted. Finished. Eight games left, seven of those teams 20 points better than USM. Might win a game in the CUSA tournament. Close the book and see if the baseball team can surprise, despite all their obstacles.

Reactions: Elkview
IMHO, it is really not appropriate to take pleasure in any Herd loss, nor should we call out posters who have a relationship with a coach.

That said, since this is the post game analysis, we are toasted. Finished. Eight games left, seven of those teams 20 points better than USM. Might win a game in the CUSA tournament. Close the book and see if the baseball team can surprise, despite all their obstacles.

No there is certain posters that deserve this. Since last season I said we arent that good. We might put up a bunch of points at home but...

We cant rebound
We cant lose our man and drive without turning over the ball
We cant play defense
Our periminter defense is terrible
Our Guards our 1 trick ponies who just jack up 3s
Our recruiting sucks
We have wasted scholarships on Euro players
We are unathletic
We cant win on the road

But I was told I dont know Basketball. Guess what, the chickens have came home to roost.

Herdmeister I take no pleasure in seeing our teams lose. No one does. However, in my opinion, coaching changes are in order as is time for a new AD without Marshall ties who can hire "coaches" who can do just that - coach and recruit. I'm tired of "former" Herd greats who get here and fail miserably i.e., Snyder, D'antoni. Let's move forward and turn things around. Sadly too many of you are happy as can be with our coaches no matter how bad it gets.

It's sad when our two biggest sports are mired in mediocrity, while individuals continue to defend the pattern and the AD and Administration look the other way.
Keep giving fans! It's a good ride!

Not trying to stir up anything....just can't see any adjustments to the floor game when things go wrong.

Snyder was a Marshall Great??

Hey Fever, the first football "Snyder", Charlie, was a football "great" for Cam Henderson back in the late 40s. Of course, as a football coach in the 60s he lost 2 out of 3 games during his tenure!

If they ever did a study on athletic department coaching and administrative "inbreeding" at the collegiate level, then Marshall University would certainly prove it doesn't work over the long haul: Herb Royer, Jule Rivlin, Charlie Snyder, AD Whitey Wilson, Greg White, Mark Snyder, and now our current AD and, increasingly apparent, our current basketball coach. Not a lot of long term, high level success from all those "green bleeders"!!

Hey Fever, the first football "Snyder", Charlie, was a football "great" for Cam Henderson back in the late 40s. Of course, as a football coach in the 60s he lost 2 out of 3 games during his tenure!

If they ever did a study on athletic department coaching and administrative "inbreeding" at the collegiate level, then Marshall University would certainly prove it doesn't work over the long haul: Herb Royer, Jule Rivlin, Charlie Snyder, AD Whitey Wilson, Greg White, Mark Snyder, and now our current AD and, increasingly apparent, our current basketball coach. Not a lot of long term, high level success from all those "green bleeders"!!
Don't forget Donnie Jones

OMG Cousin Dan lost again at La Tech. How much longer do we have to put up with a coach who said in his post-game show that he was "happy with this loss!" What the hell does that mean? Name a coach who is happy with a loss. Oh yeah Dan D'antoni.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT