ADVERTISEMENT

***HOME AND HOME WITH VT***

2-for-1 - you're forgetting we sold them a win over us last fall in their place, which is the only reason this is happening.

Either way. Hamrick is doing a pretty good job with the OoC schedules.

I also wouldn't say this is the ONLY reason this is happening. True it's was spurred on this deal, but Hamrick has proven he can get P5s into Huntington and this will be VTs second trip since he's been here. There is no way to say that this series may not have ever happened otherwise.
It's not like Hamrick had them bent over a barrel. They were searching for a makeup game and so were we. Hamrick was smart enough and ambitious enough to get two future games out of it. As we have seen with past ADs promised P5 return visits never happened because we let them buy out the game. Unless it's a special circumstance(i.e. Notre Dame) Hamrick has been pretty good about only doing home and homes and not the one off opening day patsy games we were used to playing that even then only happened every several years.

Doesn't really matter if was the only way to get them here. It's still happening.

Last edited:
Either way. Hamrick is doing a pretty good job with the OoC schedules.

I also wouldn't say this is the ONLY reason this is happening. True it's was spurred on this deal, but Hamrick has proven he can get P5s into Huntington and this will be VTs second trip since he's been here. There is no way to say that this series may not have ever happened otherwise.
It's not like Hamrick had them bent over a barrel. They were searching for a makeup game and so were we. Hamrick was smart enough and ambitious enough to get two future games out of it. As we have seen with past ADs promised P5 return visits never happened because we let them buy out the game. Unless it's a special circumstance(i.e. Notre Dame) Hamrick has been pretty good about only doing home and homes and not the one off opening day patsy games we were used to playing that even then only happened every several years.

Doesn't really matter if was the only way to get them here. It's still happening.

Well...according to some, MU athletics is mediocre and those who support Hamrick's actions are accepting of said mediocrity.

I, for one, like it. Glad MU can host a P5 in Huntington and lets face it, VT would prefer here than up there, could that be why MU and VT seem to have been playing more than wvu and VT?

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
I, for one, like it. Glad MU can host a P5 in Huntington and lets face it, VT would prefer here than up there, could that be why MU and VT seem to have been playing more than wvu and VT?
WVU and VT played each other on a neutral site in 2017 and will play a home-and-home in '21 and '22.

Well...according to some, MU athletics is mediocre and those who support Hamrick's actions are accepting of said mediocrity.

I mean Marshall athletics is mediocre

WVU and VT played each other on a neutral site in 2017 and will play a home-and-home in '21 and '22.

So, 3 times since 2005 wvu and VT are gonna play, with only a single 1:1 and the other was a neutral site game for them?

Since 2005, MU and wvu have played 5 times with a game in Huntington.
Throw in this series and its 7 games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT