ADVERTISEMENT

Hoped for Change

bbneutralfan

Gold Buffalo
Sep 29, 2010
Guess none is coming. Really hoped Doc would shake things up in his coaching staff and bring some excitement back to the program. Looks like that is not going to happen. I have no idea what the 2017 team will do. One thing for sure is there is not any FCS cupcake games next year. MH has us back to the MAC (home games with Miami and Kent State) away games with Cincinnati and NC State. Potentially we could be 0-4 before CUSA play begins. Guess I will just have to settle for a return to mediocrity until some changes are made at some future point.

Guess none is coming. Really hoped Doc would shake things up in his coaching staff and bring some excitement back to the program. Looks like that is not going to happen. I have no idea what the 2017 team will do. One thing for sure is there is not any FCS cupcake games next year. MH has us back to the MAC (home games with Miami and Kent State) away games with Cincinnati and NC State. Potentially we could be 0-4 before CUSA play begins. Guess I will just have to settle for a return to mediocrity until some changes are made at some future point.

I'm not going to panic until we get a statement of support from Hamrick.

Did you ever consider that an OC can only call plays that the offense can execute effectively?

Did you ever consider that an OC can only call plays that the offense can execute effectively?

Herd Insider, did YOU ever consider that it could be difficult for the offensive players to execute the offense effectively when the DEFENSE easily can diagnose and successfully defense such a KISS plain vanilla scheme?

Reactions: pdbailey
Did you ever consider that an OC will teach them plays they can learn effectively?! Same ole play that use to work with different players now he can't get creative........ shotgun every play no huddle no fullback no trick play no misdirection...do we even run a double tightends?? He's got to go...!!!

Nothing will change - can not afford to fire and hire so Holiday is safe thanks to the AD's boneheaded move of the contract extension. Marshall is the only school that will extend the contract of a coach no other school is interested in making for a great situation for the employee..have to keep me because you can not afford to fire me.

Reactions: oldeherd
The announcer of the game was saying that now teams move people around to confuse the defense but Marshall doesn't move.

Someone else on here said that they think the new OC will be Seider. I agree with that and, as slow as this process -- if there is indeed a process -- is moving, I figure Doc is waiting until after WVU's Bowl game to make the announcement.

Reactions: bbneutralfan
Do you think Seider would come back to Marshall since he left to return to WVU? Has to be getting a better salary up north! Just asking.

It's not about salary, if he wants to move up the ladder he is going to need to increase resume. An oc position would help that.

Someone else on here said that they think the new OC will be Seider. I agree with that and, as slow as this process -- if there is indeed a process -- is moving, I figure Doc is waiting until after WVU's Bowl game to make the announcement.
This makes sense if Holgorson is leaving Morgantown.

Not likely.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT