ADVERTISEMENT

Hopefully this answers more ? than it asks……

W-S HerdFan

Platinum Buffalo
Aug 14, 2002
Sarasota, FL
Stopped by the construction site for the new bball park. Here’s what I saw:

Pano

Closer

Pretty busy. Sure doesn’t look like they are only clearing off the surface……..

Don't be surprised if you don't see this in a few weeks:

Rep-Store-scaled.jpg

I have the plans. Something weird going on in the right field I'm unsure about. Looks like train cars with stairs on them. Hope this pic shows up.

Marshall has hitting facilities and locker rooms on each side of LF and RF. The Chants don't have those. The bull pens are on the 1st and 3rd baselines. 12 rows of seating that stops at the 1st and 3rd base. Grass elevations to round it out. I'm pretty excited for this! Great Job Smith and Co.

I have the plans. Something weird going on in the right field I'm unsure about. Looks like train cars with stairs on them. Hope this pic shows up.

Are any of the plans out there publicly from the first two announcements similar to what we're getting?

The conceptual drawings I posted a while back look pretty much like what I have now. I'm afraid to post anything more. I don't know who has and doesn't have them. How private they are wanting to be, etc.. The differences are two huge training facilities in left field, and 1st base line. They are both around 70-80'x160'x14'.

This will immediately put Marshall on the baseball map. I read the Chants have one of the best facilities in the nation.. This is better then the Chants. Big win for Huntington.

The conceptual drawings I posted a while back look pretty much like what I have now. I'm afraid to post anything more. I don't know who has and doesn't have them. How private they are wanting to be, etc.. The differences are two huge training facilities in left field, and 1st base line. They are both around 70-80'x160'x14'.

This will immediately put Marshall on the baseball map. I read the Chants have one of the best facilities in the nation.. This is better then the Chants. Big win for Huntington.
If they belong to the University, they should be public information. Post them.

Reactions: Timtnt9

Can you answer to why these plans are being so secretive? Not directing this at you, but more so AECOM/Marshall. Is it simply a matter of renderings having already been released, and they're pretty close so no point in doing it again?

Reactions: Timtnt9

I have to feel like if we were building one of the best baseball facilities in the nation, that fact would be out there getting publicized by the university.

I do like the idea of the grassy slopes as viewing areas (families with blankets and kids, etc) but I hope they put up some protection for a hot bat foul ball screamer targeted at a 4yo…….

If it looks anything like Coastal's stadium, that's a big time win for us and MU Baseball.
Came here to say the same thing!!. While in Myrtle last March I went to snoop out the football stadium of our new Conf mates.
Ended up walking around their baseball facility too since they shared a parking lot. It was locked up but could get close enough to admire it. I remember telling the wife I wished we had a ball field like that haha.

As for their football field...they let you take a selfie from midfield wearing Herd gear. Evidently they leave the gates wide open in the spring 😂

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
We need to add palm trees to this design. All I'm saying. :p

That's my reason for not posting them. I have not seen them anywhere else. I also don't want any trouble from my boss. When I got them, I was under the impression not to let them leave my office. I'd hate for him to have grief about them leaking or something and it being my fault. Maybe Spears and Smith have something in the works to show them off?

I was at the University of Arkansas baseball facility last year. They utilized shipping containers to create some really cool "box" seating options in the outfield. Would be a nice touch to incorporate rail car "boxes" as a homage to our area, etc.

https://ballparkdigest.com/2019/03/11/arkansas-to-debut-repurposed-shipping-container-seating/

Yes but where are the permits
Geeze, with GOV. Big Jim dipping into and/or raiding who knows what revenue sources in the State Treasury, budget, etc., to get this project underway and completed, who in Hades, or Huntington, is going to sweat "permits". Mayor Williams, State and Federal officials with any oversite over such projects will be notified forthwith to put their "Alfred E. Neuman" signatures on the dotted line(s) where indicated and return said forms ASAP!! To paraphrase those BAAD ASSSSS Mexican banditos in the "Treasure of the Sierra Madre", "We don't need no stinking permits"!! :)

I was at Coastals Baseball facility roughly one year ago. If Marshall’s new Baseball stadium will be similar to that as stated with a few other upgrades my goodness what a facility it will be. I hope people get out and support this program for their home series this season. These kids and coaches deserve it. Whether they are playing on route 3 or in Charleston let’s all make an effort to get behind them.

Three sections behind the plate have chairbacks. From there its 19" bench with backrests along the 1st and 3rd base. Then grass. I also would have liked seeing chairbacks throughout.
That works. Just not metal bleachers all over the place

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT