ADVERTISEMENT

Hoping for a good game

Sep 4, 2017
I have to admit that I am disappointed that my Knights are not getting a chance to curb stomp Miami, FSU or some other overrated Power 5 program.

With that said, I look forward to a game against an old CUSA rival. I have only watched two of your games this season, Cincinnati and Boise. What should we be expecting to see from your team?

I have to admit that I am disappointed that my Knights are not getting a chance to curb stomp Miami, FSU or some other overrated Power 5 program.

With that said, I look forward to a game against an old CUSA rival. I have only watched two of your games this season, Cincinnati and Boise. What should we be expecting to see from your team?
pretty good defense, most of the time and a very mediocre, at best, offense.

I would say our defense will show itself well. The offense , hate to say but who knows. On paper this is not a good matchup for us this year. However, there is a reason we play the games on the field. Hard to say, if you have an off day and we play above our potential you never know how it could end.

If there is anytime to play Doc Ball this is the game. The slower we can be, milk the clock, keep the running and 3-4 yard passes going the better off we will be. The last thing we want is a shootout against UCF with our Offense. We have to keep it slow, boring, and messy then come up with a last second FG.

Reactions: ohio herd
UCF should beat Marshall, but they also should have beaten Tulsa, Cincy and Pitt. I'm not excited about this matchup, but that doesn't mean it's an easy win.

I went to a UCF/Marshall game years back(I want to say it was the fake heart attack game), and Marshall folk were kind and I ate a hotdog in a restaurant/school bus. I talk a lot of trash, but Marshallians(?) are good people.

Speaking of fat: In the McConaughey game (2007), y’all had a overweight kicker. I remember him as The Fat Bastard. He kicked the game winner....

Yeah, the two game when Donnie came back were classics, too. Is big fat Keith still your AD?

He was fired a few years ago. I don't remember the details but it was an ugly situation as I recall

AD Keith Tribble was fired and former Marshall coach Donnie Jones got a show cause penalty over their involvement with Ken Caldwell, a professional recruiter.

Since the only recruit he managed to steer to UCF was a basketball player, 5'9" guard AJ Rompza, most of the penalties were basketball related. There was a postseason ban and some recruiting restrictions. Rompza was a good shooter, but an elite shit talker. Not worth the trouble with the NCAA though

Reactions: Herdmeister
I remember Rompza, little white dude that played with Jordan's son. Also started the Twitter battle posting pics and making fun of the shit hotel the team was staying in.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
I remember Rompza, little white dude that played with Jordan's son. Also started the Twitter battle posting pics and making fun of the shit hotel the team was staying in.
I remember that guy. Didn’t Pena elbow him in the head?

Those were some fun games. First game DJ came back may be the loudest and most bitter I've ever seen the Cam.

ADVERTISEMENT