ADVERTISEMENT

How can future mass shootings be deterred?

AmeriKenny

Gold Buffalo
Feb 20, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
Would resorting to medieval type brutal punishments help? If we brutally torture or execute the killers such as Cruz or Pagourtzis, could that potentially scare/deter the next mass shooter? Of course I don't want us to lower ourselves to the level of ISIS or the Nazis, but I, as I imagine millions of Americans, feel extreme rage toward the surviving killers. Is striking morbid fear in the heart of these would-be future mass murders not something that we can try? It's sad that we KNOW there is going to be another mass shooting. We just don't know when. I think in these school shootings, both peers are parents can be a problem. Bullying is dumb and needs to be addressed as well...but it doesn't excuse executing others.

Would resorting to medieval type brutal punishments help? If we brutally torture or execute the killers such as Cruz or Pagourtzis, could that potentially scare/deter the next mass shooter? Of course I don't want us to lower ourselves to the level of ISIS or the Nazis, but I, as I imagine millions of Americans, feel extreme rage toward the surviving killers. Is striking morbid fear in the heart of these would-be future mass murders not something that we can try? It's sad that we KNOW there is going to be another mass shooting. We just don't know when. I think in these school shootings, both peers are parents can be a problem. Bullying is dumb and needs to be addressed as well...but it doesn't excuse executing others.
Saudi Arabia, North Korea and Iran seem to be doing a fine job. o_O

Abortion, Divorce, Mothers working, Loss of Respect for others and life, little Johnny playing games that glorify war, no discipline in schools, mind altering drugs, etc.

The exact same guns the killer used in Santa Fe high school in Texas have been around since 1950 or before. So it is not the evil black rifle. Society needs to look in the mirror.

Bullshit on video games. I grew up playing grand theft auto call of duty etc. it is much more societal than blaming video games. The erosion of the nuclear family has to be looked at as a cause. How do we fix that I don’t know

For a couple years in college I worked at an adolescent facility for kids placed there by the state. The kid's placement was predicated on the courts belief that intense therapy and rehabilitation would allow them to return into society by the time they turned 18..

Some were clearly innate behaviors. No amount of "therapy" was going to make them "functionable" in a normal sense. They needed locked away for life...(although that never happened). Others, due to the various environments they were raised in (most....abuse/neglect)...may have had a chance following intense therapy and relearned life skills over time.

Some of the kids we see doing these kinds of acts, clearly belong in these types of categories. And for whatever reason, the signs of mental illness and/or future breakdown were ignored by many people around them.

Bullshit on video games. I grew up playing grand theft auto call of duty etc. it is much more societal than blaming video games. The erosion of the nuclear family has to be looked at as a cause. How do we fix that I don’t know
I said that was one issue and I disagree to some extent

I have seen call.of duty and find it rather odd people letting 8 year olds play it

Reactions: GreenDuke
I said that was one issue and I disagree to some extent

I have seen call.of duty and find it rather odd people letting 8 year olds play it
I don’t disagree 8 year olds shouldn’t be playing call of duty but it’s not because they will shoot up a school if they play.

Those who sit around all day playing video games end up being social outcast dorks. Case in point...you.

Those who sit around all day playing video games end up being social outcast dorks. Case in point...you.
Oh you got me good. I’m one of those losers that sits in my moms basement in front of my 4 huge computer monitors wearing a headset and gaming all day b

Would resorting to medieval type brutal punishments help? If we brutally torture or execute the killers such as Cruz or Pagourtzis, could that potentially scare/deter the next mass shooter?

Abortion, Divorce, Mothers working, little Johnny playing games that glorify war, no discipline in schools, mind altering drugs, etc.

Damn!

Just damn.....there are no words....

giphy.gif

Abortion, Divorce, Mothers working, Loss of Respect for others and life, little Johnny playing games that glorify war, no discipline in schools, mind altering drugs, etc.

The exact same guns the killer used in Santa Fe high school in Texas have been around since 1950 or before. So it is not the evil black rifle. Society needs to look in the mirror.

You deplorables would like to go back to the 1950s where blacks and women knew their place.

Oh you got me good. I’m one of those losers that sits in my moms basement in front of my 4 huge computer monitors wearing a headset and gaming all day b

He knows you don't do that all day. When else would be able to give bodyrubs to prepubescent boys?

Some were clearly innate behaviors. No amount of "therapy" was going to make them "functionable" in a normal sense. They needed locked away for life...(although that never happened).

You are absolutely right on this one.

Parents and other stakeholders in the kids' lives ignore/rationalize away/live in denial.

These school shooters are not "troubled kids". They are batshit crazy or evil.

Reactions: raleighherdfan

Executions = abortions a plenty.

You deplorables would like to go back to the 1950s where blacks and women knew their place.

He knows you don't do that all day. When else would be able to give bodyrubs to prepubescent boys?
Throw the race card out. Good Lord. That is one of the worst uses of the race card ever. It is not about telling women their place.

But, tell me what did the family look like back then vs now? More stable?

Blame the WWII Vets for that.
?

Women went into the mainstream workplace later than that. If anyone doesn't think this disrupted families then, they are not being honest. It is what it is. But, it did change families.

Automobiles, air conditioning, and malls changed families. There's your school shootings causes.

?

Women went into the mainstream workplace later than that. If anyone doesn't think this disrupted families then, they are not being honest. It is what it is. But, it did change families.
Could one not make the argument that it began prior to women entering the mainstream workplace?

?

Both of my parents worked and my brother and I are both very successful. Try again.

Good for you

But you are not the only family in the country

If you're going to conclude that "Abortion, Divorce, Mothers working, Loss of Respect for others and life, little Johnny playing games that glorify war, no discipline in schools, mind altering drugs, etc." is causing mass shootings, then explain this........

FT_17.02.15_crime_640px.png

If you're going to conclude that "Abortion, Divorce, Mothers working, Loss of Respect for others and life, little Johnny playing games that glorify war, no discipline in schools, mind altering drugs, etc." is causing mass shootings, then explain this........

FT_17.02.15_crime_640px.png
so school shootings are not a problem? Gun violence is down overall as well. So, guess you need to stop with blaming of the NRA and going after guns.

so school shootings are not a problem? Gun violence is down overall as well. So, guess you need to stop with blaming of the NRA and going after guns.

Already told you I'm not for eliminating guns, moron. I am for restricting who can own them and what kind they can own.

Already told you I'm not for eliminating guns, moron. I am for restricting who can own them and what kind they can own.
so the latest school shooter used a 1950's era shotgun and early 1900's era revolver.

And you're still stupid enough to expect a perfect solution.
No, I am not are you? But, until then the security measures need to be beefed up and the response times need improved and the tactics need improved. That is step 1.

How about we take a half billion dollars from the Pentagon and make sure our schools are secure?

I thought conservatives wanted the Feds out of the local schools anyways?

Personally, I say take another half a billion dollars and provide free abortions and sterilizations for shitty parents, scumbags, drug addicts, etc.

On a final note, Dana Loesch is a whore who spent election year denigrating Trump but now has her lips firmly planted around his genitalia.

Reactions: ARandomHerdFan
How about we take a half billion dollars from the Pentagon and make sure our schools are secure?

I thought conservatives wanted the Feds out of the local schools anyways?

Personally, I say take another half a billion dollars and provide free abortions and sterilizations for shitty parents, scumbags, drug addicts, etc.

On a final note, Dana Loesch is a whore who spent election year denigrating Trump but now has her lips firmly planted around his genitalia.
Only issue is national defense is mandated by the constitution. Security of schools is more of a state and local issue IMO. Again, we can all wait and sit and wait on the feds to do something or people can get off their duff locally and do it. Hey wait, let's send in the 1st Infantry division to protect schools. Use the DOD budget for it.

No, I am not are you? But, until then the security measures need to be beefed up and the response times need improved and the tactics need improved. That is step 1.

That costs money. You willing to give up your Cheetos tax cut? That's what I thought.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT