ADVERTISEMENT

How long before the libs, climate cultists, and democrats start blaming DeSantis, repubs, Trump, Florida for this Hurricane?

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
Place your bets? How long before they pounce on this for political gain?

Which ones will make the first bizarre statements?

Do those libs actually believe that shit?
For the goodness of mankind, I'm hoping they really don't believe all that nonsense. Has to be for political purposes, wouldn't you think? Can't be that many people that damn stupid. Speaking of stupid people, I literally just finished arguing with some colored lady on Facebook. She was blaming Republicans for the upcoming higher natural gas costs we'll all be seeing in our heating bills. I asked her why Republicans were to blame, and she insisted it was because Republicans control the house. I tried to explain that the democrats controlled the house, as well as the senate, but she kept coming back telling me I was stupid, as the Republicans controlled the house of representatives, and that Mitch O'Connell was speaker of the house.

Nope...don't watch that bum. She has already started. Do those libs actually believe that shit?
Do we believe that CO2 increases retention of heat? Yes, you’re practically insane if you don’t.

Do we believe that we are pumping more CO2 into the atmosphere? Yes, you’re practically insane if you don’t.

Do we believe that CO2 increases retention of heat? Yes, you’re practically insane if you don’t.

Do we believe that we are pumping more CO2 into the atmosphere? Yes, you’re practically insane if you don’t.
Only C02 I knowingly use is pumping into my keg. I guess eventually, or probably the next morning, I fart that C02 into the air, and normally it smells pretty good, or at least I'm told it does.

Reactions: i am herdman

Do you believe by sending the govt more money, giving them more control, and changing our way of life we can magically fix hurricanes?

Study history. THere are not more hurricanes now than before. Now if you want to say more people live in places like Florida then you have a point. But, do you thnk Democrats can stop hurricanes?

Do you believe by sending the govt more money, giving them more control, and changing our way of life we can magically fix hurricanes?

Study history. THere are not more hurricanes now than before. Now if you want to say more people live in places like Florida then you have a point. But, do you thnk Democrats can stop hurricanes?
I believe that by investing in renewable energy we can. That’ll cost money. Not doing it will cost a lot of money too though.

Nobody thinks anybody can stop hurricanes.

Awaiting the resident libertarians response.
There's more than one here?

I am not sure how this is even a political topic for rational people. We are what, two weeks off from the statistical peak day for hurricanes?

Could climate change make this hurricane stronger? Sure. Every fraction of a degree in water temps can matter. But there would still be a goddamn hurricane there, and it would still be a strong one. Have a CAT 3 in January slam into the US, and yeah I'll tell you we done fvcked up the Earth.

I believe that by investing in renewable energy we can. That’ll cost money. Not doing it will cost a lot of money too though.

Nobody thinks anybody can stop hurricanes.
Get real, not going to stop them at all. There were hurricanes around when Christ was a corporal.

There's more than one here?

I am not sure how this is even a political topic for rational people. We are what, two weeks off from the statistical peak day for hurricanes?

Could climate change make this hurricane stronger? Sure. Every fraction of a degree in water temps can matter. But there would still be a goddamn hurricane there, and it would still be a strong one. Have a CAT 3 in January slam into the US, and yeah I'll tell you we done fvcked up the Earth.
the issue is, and I am guilty, more people have shit on the coasts and live on the coasts. If nobody was there or it was 1912 nobody would care or pay attention.

the issue is, and I am guilty, more people have shit on the coasts and live on the coasts.
And that is fine if you understand the risks. I think a lot of people have that mindset that it won't happen to them.

Of course, you can build a beachfront home to withstand a CAT 5. Look at that house on Mexico Beach that survived Michael. People are fvcking cheap.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
And that is fine if you understand the risks. I think a lot of people have that mindset that it won't happen to them.
I know a couple who retired to a house on a North Carolina beachfront. They were a little upset when I told them I thought it was a mistake. Might be a year, might be ten years, but eventually, a major hurricane is going to do some damage.

Anyone know what the plan is to ship electricity down to Florida to power generators and electric cars?

Also, here’s some food for thought. During hurricanes and other natural disasters, other states send assistance ie electric companies going to restore power. Say they all had electric powered vehicles. That will slow down the response time and limit the time they are able to provide assistance before needing to recharge. Also, why aren’t electric companies leading the way in owning electric vehicles?

I know a couple who retired to a house on a North Carolina beachfront. They were a little upset when I told them I thought it was a mistake. Might be a year, might be ten years, but eventually, a major hurricane is going to do some damage.
doesn't even take a major.I have seen what tropical storms will do or a low end cat 1. it just takes the wrong wind direction or rain or surge, etc and it can zap it.

ALso, the mountains can get screwed up by hurricanes. Happens plenty of times and is likely to happen with this one. That 85 bad flood up in the WV highlands were because of a left over tropical system. Hurricanes are not just coastal events.

Last edited:

Of course, you can build a beachfront home to withstand a CAT 5. Look at that house on Mexico Beach that survived Michael. People are fvcking cheap.
I read about that dude. I think he is an engineer or architect. The cost was really high, at least double if not more than that. But, the damn house survived all of that. crazy.

Michael in terms of size was a really small hurricane. BUt, it was big power puncher. Not real wide at all but a bundle of pure hell

I am guessing this onenow is going to go down as one of the worst in history in terms of total damage counting the winds, surge, flooding and it is going to cause problems all the way into the mountains in southern Virginia. This one had everthing and was vast in size.

I read about that dude. I think he is an engineer or architect. The cost was really high, at least double if not more than that. But, the damn house survived all of that. crazy.

Michael in terms of size was a really small hurricane. BUt, it was big power puncher. Not real wide at all but a bundle of pure hell
IIRC correctly, it was about $100k more. Which really isn't shit for beachfront property. But I could be wrong.

Raoul

Did you see the interview with the guy who rode this Hurricane out in his sailboat? Right near ft meyers. They found him floating on some scrap wood and a red plastic fuel can. That is all that was left of his boat. His collar bone was broken. He looked ragged and scared shirtless. Has a crazy look.

Makes you wonder what the hell is a guy like that is thinking

• Wow
Reactions: ThunderCat98
Total destruction all around and that dude was in there watching Netflix
No, they evacuated lol. As they should have, regardless of the engineering of the home, Mexico Beach looked like an atom bomb had hit it. The point is their home was still standing....and no one else's homes were. All new homes there could be built that way, but people are cheap and don't learn. They will learn when no one will insure beach front property, and that day is coming soon.
Did you see the interview with the guy who rode this Hurricane out in his sailboat? Right near ft meyers. They found him floating on some scrap wood and a red plastic fuel can. That is all that was left of his boat. His collar bone was broken. He looked ragged and scared shirtless. Has a crazy look.

Makes you wonder what the hell is a guy like that is thinking
He wasn't thinking.

No, they evacuated lol. As they should have, regardless of the engineering of the home, Mexico Beach looked like an atom bomb had hit it. The point is their home was still standing....and no one else's homes were. All new homes there could be built that way, but people are cheap and don't learn. They will learn when no one will insure beach front property, and that day is coming soon.

He wasn't thinking.
I heard in Florida that many people are insured through a state system or co-op or something like that. Not sure how it works.

I heard in Florida that many people are insured through a state system or co-op or something like that. Not sure how it works.
This is Because the insurance companies were getting defrauded with claims of “damaged” roofs from storms and dropped coverage. The same shit the roofing companies were doing here the last couple of years.

This is Because the insurance companies were getting defrauded with claims of “damaged” roofs from storms and dropped coverage. The same shit the roofing companies were doing here the last couple of years.
They knock on my door constantly after every thunderstorm. I just replaced my roof this January. I paid for it. Got a reputable company and insurance fraud is no good.

Down at the coast now cleaning my shit up from Ian.

Reactions: wvkeeper(HN)

I am guessing this onenow is going to go down as one of the worst in history in terms of total damage counting the winds, surge, flooding and it is going to cause problems all the way into the mountains in southern Virginia. This one had everthing and was vast in size.
read the attached story. Approximately 15 to 20% more than minimum building code for Florida.

Double not even close.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT