ADVERTISEMENT

How Many Times Will Colombi

bbneutralfan

Gold Buffalo
Sep 29, 2010
Get sacked/hurried at James Madison? How many times will he hand off to Laborn? How many times will he throw that bubble screen that never seems to work? How many times?

Need to start Fancher the rest of the year to see what we have. We know Columbi isnt it. At least with fancher we'll figure out if we have something there or not, or need to go to the portal yet again next year.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Well Colombi has been sacked 20 times through 6 games bringing that to an average of 3.3 and JMU's defense is t-14th in the nation averaging 3 sacks a game so probably 4-5 sacks will be surrendered by out OL. Well 4. One will be Colombi running backwards instead of throwing it away.

Laborn has ran the ball 158 times over 6 games brining his average to 26.3 so he'll carry 25-30 times in this game.

At least 6 bubble screens in the first half alone.

Get sacked/hurried at James Madison? How many times will he hand off to Laborn? How many times will he throw that bubble screen that never seems to work? How many times?
I'll play.

Sacks-3 +2 For Fancher=5
Hurries=10
Laborn touches =32
Bubble screen =13 out of 22 passing attempts.

PS: This is our "All gas and no brakes" offense. 🤣😂🤪🤢🤮

Can I play!!

1 hurry
0 sacks
19 (he won’t have to carry nearly as much in the 4th quarter with Marshall holding a three score lead he will get some rest)
Probably three times in the first half. Maybe one in the second. The four will average 18.6 yards per play.

Can I play!!

1 hurry
0 sacks
19 (he won’t have to carry nearly as much in the 4th quarter with Marshall holding a three score lead he will get some rest)
Probably three times in the first half. Maybe one in the second. The four will average 18.6 yards per play.
ThrEe ScOrE LEad!

Fancher should start and he and Laborn should run the ball 90 percent of the plays. Other plays quick short passes. Only way to have a chance is try and wear them down and control time of possession and play defense like even better than before.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Can I play!!

1 hurry
0 sacks
chris rock adult humor GIF

Can I play!!
You can, but you really shouldn’t. Childish super-fandom does not add to the conversation. Some believe that MU’s can recover a bit and maybe get to 6-6; others, including myself, believe that this season, and perhaps this coach’s tenure, are completely gone.

Both are valid viewpoints that different adult thinkers can have about this subject. Discussion of them is what this board should be about. Childish rants about how MU is going to win every game in every sport every year do not really add anything to the discussion.

Reactions: HerdGrad1999
You can, but you really shouldn’t. Childish super-fandom does not add to the conversation. Some believe that MU’s can recover a bit and maybe get to 6-6; others, including myself, believe that this season, and perhaps this coach’s tenure, are completely gone.

Both are valid viewpoints that different adult thinkers can have about this subject. Discussion of them is what this board should be about. Childish rants about how MU is going to win every game in every sport every year do not really add anything to the discussion.

you act like my opinions are impossible. It’s not like we are in the SEC west. We could win every single game we play the rest of the season and it wouldn’t be a shock.

you act like my opinions are impossible. It’s not like we are in the SEC west. We could win every single game we play the rest of the season and it wouldn’t be a shock.
Winning out is not impossible, true, but it's extremely improbable.
And it would be a shock if the Herd wins out.
Relatively speaking with the state of the offense, the Herd's first year in the SBC resembles Charlotte's third year in the CUSA respective to the levels of competition.
One or two of the next six opponents will underperform enough that Huff and company's incompetence won't be enough to prevent a win.

Well, to this point, they have had us an underdog once. And we are 1 - 0. So this is just the second time, so not really sure what Vegas has to do with it at this point.

Well, to this point, they have had us an underdog once. And we are 1 - 0. So this is just the second time, so not really sure what Vegas has to do with it at this point.
They are keen observers of the college football scene and would disagree at your assertion that MU could win out. But from the bottom of my heart I hope you're right and Huff can right the ship! Wouldn't bet that way though.

Reactions: HerdGrad1999
I count myself in the camp that thinks Marshall can pull it together enough to go 6-6 and make it to a random Tuesday bowl in some southeastern location against a directional MAC team.

If that were to happen, at this point I would be thrilled.

Based on what we have watched the last four games, there is nothing that says this team is going to win out. Not one shred of evidence, outside of blind faith, indicates that is going to happen.

Reactions: ilmherdfan
I count myself in the camp that thinks Marshall can pull it together enough to go 6-6 and make it to a random Tuesday bowl in some southeastern location against a directional MAC team.

Based on what we have watched the last four games, there is nothing that says this team is going to win out. Not one shred of evidence, outside of blind faith, indicates that is going to happen.
Sam has stated many times that, in order for the Herd to qualify for a bowl game, they must win seven games, due to two wins being over an FSC team (only one counts towards bowl qualification). I guess if there's not enough teams that end up qualifying, it's possible the Herd could potentially get in with a 6-6 mark. Typically though, bowls look at 5-7 P5 programs, just to have a big name, even if the big name sucks.

6-6 isn't enough for a bowl. G-W does not count to bowl eligibility. In order for us to secure a bowl spot we would need to win at least 4 more games.

Sam has stated many times that, in order for the Herd to qualify for a bowl game, they must win seven games, due to two wins being over an FSC team (only one counts towards bowl qualification). I guess if there's not enough teams that end up qualifying, it's possible the Herd could potentially get in with a 6-6 mark. Typically though, bowls look at 5-7 P5 programs, just to have a big name, even if the big name sucks.
I thought someone had posted we'd need an approved hardship waiver. That may happen because we didn't schecule two FCS teams on purpose. The move cuased it.

The SBC did just add another bowl game so hopefully as you said we'll get in to fill the bowls.

All that being said we need 3-4 wins over JMU, Coastal, ODU, Appy, and GaSouthern. Unless Huff and Trickett fix the offense that isn't likely to happen.

6-6 isn't enough for a bowl. G-W does not count to bowl eligibility. In order for us to secure a bowl spot we would need to win at least 4 more games.
Theoretically, but not in reality... If we get to 6-6, and that's a big IF, MU will ask for a hardship waiver, say conference realignment "forced" us to schedule two FCS teams. Six wins will get us into a some random bowl, like it does every year.

Theoretically, but not in reality... If we get to 6-6, and that's a big IF, MU will ask for a hardship waiver, say conference realignment "forced" us to schedule two FCS teams. Six wins will get us into a some random bowl, like it does every year.
As I posted above unless Huff and Tricket figure out how to fix the offense it won't matter. With Appy getting their RBs back it jist got more difficult.

I'd hazard to guess in order to reach 6-6 or 7-5 we'll have average 30+ ppg the rest of the way out to win.

Win or lose, I just wish some of our super fans understood sports. That would be a major win, in my opinion.
I really do think they believe if they start to admit the truth then that is what is going to come to pass. If they keep saying sunshine it will happen. I don't even mind they they want to stay positive. It's that they tend to chastise for using what we see on the field to project future games instead of blind hope.

They honestly believe that we are happy that this is happening. That's the part that rubs the rest of us wrong. They can't separate the fact WE ALL would love nothing more than Colombi to turn in to Chad and Gammage to turn into Randy and we go on a tear through the rest of the season. We just see what has been transpiring on the field the last 4 games and none of that points towards winning out or even making a bowl.

As I posted above unless Huff and Tricket figure out how to fix the offense it won't matter. With Appy getting their RBs back it jist got more difficult.

I'd hazard to guess in order to reach 6-6 or 7-5 we'll have average 30+ ppg the rest of the way out to win.
Totally agree... We have to find a way to get to 24 at least, every week. Give the defense a fighting chance to steal a game or two. If we could score 24 points every week, we'd be 5-1 right now.

As an aside, we are currently 108th in scoring offense with 19 points per game... Scoring 24 points per game would move us up to 88th in scoring offense. We aren't asking to get to the top 10, just get from "awful" to "below average."

Win or lose, I just wish some of our super fans understood sports. That would be a major win, in my opinion.
What's frustrating is there is no reason for it. The extremes on both ends do nothing to further discussion of Marshall athletics... Perkins telling me everything is amazing and MU sports are the be all end all, of collegiate athletics, the football team is great and we are lucky to have it, is just as annoying to me, and you, and the rest of the reasonable fans on here as the guys that think everything sucks, all the coaches are idiots, every program is going down the toilet.

And what about Rasheen Ali, he of the automotive dealership NIL? Seriously, can anyone on here remember a situation similar to Ali’s? Maybe we will never know, but it sure would help our chances if he and Laborn were sharing the offensive load. Are there any inklings out there as to if he is going to
play this season?

And what about Rasheen Ali, he of the automotive dealership NIL? Seriously, can anyone on here remember a situation similar to Ali’s? Maybe we will never know, but it sure would help our chances if he and Laborn were sharing the offensive load. Are there any inklings out there as to if he is going to
play this season?
What about both of them in the backfield at same time with with Fancher who can run at QB ? Run a wing T formation with two tight ends? I would love to see it. But dont see any of it happening unfortunately.

What about both of them in the backfield at same time with with Fancher who can run at QB ? Run a wing T formation with two tight ends? I would love to see it. But dont see any of it happening unfortunately.
Wish Ali was back. That could possibly work

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT