ADVERTISEMENT

Huff says new deal is coming and no pressure to win

BleedsGreen33

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Jan 25, 2010
- Huff states that talks about his future with the team have been ongoing since early 2022.

- "We've had conversations. We've been talking, since the Notre Dame game, if we're being honest, about what it looks like"

- "There is a plan in-house. We have not announced that plan, but we're not sitting here waiting to say, "OK, if you don't win the championship, then you're gone."

- Huff says that timing has played a role in the lack of any contract annoucement, but that Huff and Marshall's administration have each been working "diligently" to make sure both parties benefit from a new deal, if it comes to fruition."

- "There's timing and things that come with that, and we're trying to be creative with what we want to do, the administration and myself," Huff said.

- "We don't know what college football is going to look like in four years, three years, or two years. We're trying to make sure we put both Marshall and myself in a really good situation so that it's sustainable."

- "It's not about just money for me"

- "There are things in the program that we've got to put in place to make sure we are sustainable and competitive in the conference. some of those things take time to research."

- Huff said he doesn't feel this season will way his future at Marshall and that there's a reaosnable expectation that he returns with a new contract in 2025 based on "undisclosed" conversations he's had with Spears and Smith.

- "NO, THERE'S NO PRESSURE TO WIN A CERTAIN NUMBE OF GAMES TO GET A NEW CONTRACT, BUT WE WANT TO MAKE SURE WE PUT OURSELVES IN A GOOD SITUATION," HUFF SAID.

"We've got a plan, I feel good about that plan, and the fans will hear the plan sooner rather than later."

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.