ADVERTISEMENT

Huff!!

We're just going to have to wait this out. Our insider, coach Stowers, is not on the down low this time around. According to the running with the Herd podcast, Stowers not only had a professional relationship with Doc, but there was also a personal, or family, relationship. Now we know why Stowers was a Doc and Shewey defender to the end.

Our insider, coach Stowers, is not on the down low this time around.

It's all about the premium board.

@Chris McLaughlin and I have pretty much laid out the scenario.

We not only provided the Top 6 list before anyone else, but we also provided the Final 3 before anyone else.

I addressed the timeline for an announcement to be made about 30 minutes ago.

Reactions: 19MU88
We're just going to have to wait this out. Our insider, coach Stowers, is not on the down low this time around. According to the running with the Herd podcast, Stowers not only had a professional relationship with Doc, but there was also a personal, or family, relationship. Now we know why Stowers was a Doc and Shewey defender to the end.
Yes that podcast shed a lot of light on Stowers and Aaron’s abiding love of Doc. Stowers claimed Doc was a family friend so of course he was going to give him a free pass for his poor coaching over the years. That relationship made him delusional but his unwavering support for a family friend should also be respected.

Aaron has absolutely no excuse for his love of poor coaching. He stated that when Doc cried at the press conference following the WVU loss, he knew right then and there, that Doc was the guy. He said he didn’t care if Marshall “went 0-12 every year” to have a coach like Doc was all that mattered. He can claim he’s a Marshall superfan all he wants, but if he doesn’t value winning, then he’s part of the problem.

Yes that podcast shed a lot of light on Stowers and Aaron’s abiding love of Doc. Stowers claimed Doc was a family friend so of course he was going to give him a free pass for his poor coaching over the years. That relationship made him delusional but his unwavering support for a family friend should also be respected.

You're still here?

I didn't expect you back until Marshall lost again. Kudos to you for sticking it out!

Reactions: Tim_N_Montana

Aaron has absolutely no excuse for his love of poor coaching. He stated that when Doc cried at the press conference following the WVU loss, he knew right then and there, that Doc was the guy. He said he didn’t care if Marshall “went 0-12 every year” to have a coach like Doc was all that mattered. He can claim he’s a Marshall superfan all he wants, but if he doesn’t value winning, then he’s part of the problem.
He actually said he didn't care if we went 0-12 every year.

Well yeah.....I've been around since '07.

I've been on these boards since 2003. I don't recall seeing anything from you until Holliday got here. I guess you didn't care much until your 2nd cousin, twice removed got the HC position?

I've been on these boards since 2003. I don't recall seeing anything from you until Holliday got here. I guess you didn't care much until your 2nd cousin, twice removed got the HC position?
He was. His old handle prior to becoming a mod was Hoosgotaherdon or something close to that. I know it started out Hoos

It’s Huff. About damn time we rolled the dice! I like his demeanor at practice. He builds up his guys - criticizes then accolades....great attitude. “ It’s all about the ‘ball’.” Jerry said: “You had me @ MissSt!!”

Reactions: Herdmeister
It’s Huff. About damn time we rolled the dice! I like his demeanor at practice. He builds up his guys - criticizes then accolades....great attitude. “ It’s all about the ‘ball’.” Jerry said: “You had me @ MissSt!!”
Totally agree. That MSU video sold me. He was also great in the hiring press conference

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
I don't care how "easy" anything might be because it's Alabama. Saban wouldn't have Huff on staff if Saban didn't believe in his abilities.

How many coaches under Saban at Alabama or LSU have gotten jobs and not succeed?

Reactions: mlblack16.
I don't care how "easy" anything might be because it's Alabama. Saban wouldn't have Huff on staff if Saban didn't believe in his abilities...
I don't doubt Saban believes in Huff's abilities. The question is what exactly are those abilities Saban believes in. Does Saban believe in Huffs abilities to recruit top talent to Alabama? Certainly. Does Saban believe in Huff's abilities as his OC? It doesn't appear that way.

We could hire Huff and he may very well end up as the best coach Marshall has ever had. That doesnt mean however there aren't some questions with this potential hire.

I don't doubt Saban believes in Huff's abilities. The question is what exactly are those abilities Saban believes in. Does Saban believe in Huffs abilities to recruit top talent to Alabama? Certainly. Does Saban believe in Huff's abilities as his OC? It doesn't appear that way.

We could hire Huff and he may very well end up as the best coach Marshall has ever had. That doesnt mean however there aren't some questions with this potential hire.
There are questions with every hire. We aren’t an attractive job. We aren’t going to get cream of the crop candidates.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
He actually said he didn't care if we went 0-12 every year.
Yes he did. I’d love to hear him try to defend himself after that comment. He’s probably in his basement eating boogers and drinking green kool aid while he writes Doc reference letters to Division II schools.

Quite a few, but that’s bound to happen when so many get hired.

Will Muschamp, Derek Dooley, Jeremy Pruitt, Bobby Williams (at Sparty) and Jim McElwain (had some decent success) were all less than stellar.
Muschamp should have to wear a helmet at all times. There's something off with that dude.
eyes1-16_9.jpg

of course Saban loves his abilities. You really have to have someone on the ball to coach 4 and 5 star RBs running behind an NFL o line.

Stick with doc huh?

No. I am very happy Doc is moving on and have been wanting change for years. That’s why I wasn’t crazy about hiring similar resume.

I’m on board and will support Huff. Not sure why questioning the hire of a position coach or not totally discarding Lambert’s record at Charlotte would indicate wanting Doc to stay.

ADVERTISEMENT