ADVERTISEMENT

Huntington Has a Problem

riflearm2

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2004
Doesn't the city fine property owners of shitholes like these? These eyesores drive property values down, harbor crackheads and hookers, and are a horrible scab on the city. Slumlords should be fined for these ratholes:

Except there is nothing wrong with number 4 and it’s not Marcum Terrace. That building would cost $1.2MM, minimum, in the worst part of Orange County.

Reactions: raleighherdfan
Also, why are you making fun of where African Americans on welfare have to live? You racist.
It's not making fun. It's calling out the slumlords of those places who don't make them halfway decent.

That building would cost $1.2MM, minimum, in the worst part of Orange County.
But it's in Huntington Fvcking West Virginia, where it fits in with the other shitholes.

Well, Marcum Terrace is owned by the Huntington Municipal Housing Authority, a government agency.

I was under the impression that it was knocked down many years ago. Christ, Huntington is even worse than I imagined. I can't imagine anyone wanting to live around there, let alone drive a red GTIII with a huge whale tail around there.

I did like his orange one better. They tore down the projects on 16th Street, not Marcum.

That’s a personal matter that I have no interest in although I’m happy for him that they worked things out if it did happen.

Reactions: 19MU88
I was under the impression that it was knocked down many years ago. Christ, Huntington is even worse than I imagined. I can't imagine anyone wanting to live around there, let alone drive a red GTIII with a huge whale tail around there.
They knocked down the govt housing on Hal Greer (most of it) and moved the people to Marcum Terrace. I grew up not far from there but escaped LOL I am the first in my family to graduate from college.

I wonder what's included in that almost 36K a year HOA fee? 😎
That's probably your access to the club and other things like taking care of the roads and all, which I assume includes golf. Likely have a substantial monthly food/bar bill minimum to go along with that. I can't even imagine having to put on a bunch of gucci clothes just to be able to go into the bar to have a couple natti lights. Probably have gender neutral people walking around in rompers as well.

• Haha
Reactions: ru4_mu2
190606095540-06-la-homelessness.jpg

Why does LA allow this? They welcome it.

LDN-L-TORIUMI-PLAZA-R13-0318.jpg

The drive from STL airport to downtown looks like that. That's a damn disgusting shithole city.

I was considering buying this home about 6 weeks back, and it's still on the market. Hoping to still be able to buy it, once my numbers match. I'll even invite Geezer up for some golf and brews.

Buy it for me rifle
All those expensive homes around the Greenbrier and Justice lives in a modest ranch style in Lewisburg. You can drive right past it on a residential street.

I just took a job in Lewisburg. I will have to put an offer in on one of the bedrooms.
Lewisburg was a quaint little town. Now they have channeled all the area traffic right along 219 and it is a mess most of the day. You will even have a problem getting to Tudor ‘s in the morning for your biscuit.

Lewisburg was a quaint little town. Now they have channeled all the area traffic right along 219 and it is a mess most of the day. You will even have a problem getting to Tudor ‘s in the morning for your biscuit.
There is a bunch of traffic, but once you get settled downtown, lots of nice little places to eat and/or tie one on. General Lewis up on the hill is pretty good for lunch or supper. I think a place called Stardust or something like that has some decent lunchtime sandwiches, but it's always packed. Livery Tavern is nice to sit down and down a few too. I should move to Renick, and have the old lady just drive me down there and drop me off for 6-7 hours.

Tudor's is north of the interstate, isn't it, or did they move?

I’ll be commuting. Going through at 640 am isn’t too bad and leaving town at 730pm.

I do hate the traffic. It has gotten much worse over the years . I don’t go through town after work, as I cut through white sulfur and avoid most of it.

Reactions: greengeezer
Yeah. Only fast food place I know where you have to have a driving class to make the tight circle around the place. I’ve come close several times to taking out a section of their back plastic picket fence.

That’s a personal matter that I have no interest in although I’m happy for him that they worked things out if it did happen.
You threw an 84 mph four seam fastball down the middle. You can't expect me not to crush it 430 feet.

I always had a goal to bike the entire trail that goes alone the Greenbrier. The trail starts in Caldwell and ends past Marlinton. Afraid I waited too long because 30 miles is about my limit now.
My problem would be stopping to fish at certain points when I could get down the bank. LOL!

There is a bunch of traffic, but once you get settled downtown, lots of nice little places to eat and/or tie one on. General Lewis up on the hill is pretty good for lunch or supper. I think a place called Stardust or something like that has some decent lunchtime sandwiches, but it's always packed. Livery Tavern is nice to sit down and down a few too. I should move to Renick, and have the old lady just drive me down there and drop me off for 6-7 hours.

I know you might be a little young to have ever done this, but did you ever eat at Gwen’s Kitchen while in the Lewisburg area? Gone now, but this nice little lady cooked and you served yourself from the stove. It was right by the intersection in the middle of Lewisburg. Damned Health Department finally said she couldn’t serve food that way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT