ADVERTISEMENT

I don't think I've ever witness offensive ineptness like tonight.

I read online every day that Marshall has too much talent to lose in this league. I'm sorry - I don't see very much talent. Offensive line - really undersized, can't hold blocks and can't create running lanes - also, the worst coached position on the team.

Brady and Williams have decent speed - but, not break away. No other receiver has enough speed to get open.

Same with running backs - although King should be better next year.

QB - enough said.

Defensive line - way too small - can't get off big offensive line's blocks.

Pretty good linebackers.

DBs play way too far off the ball - especially with the prevent defense at the end of the game.

Coaches
All of the offensive positions are the worst coached players on the team.

Game day coaching is non-existent.

Offensive play calling - no need to go there.

I think the coaching staff has done a horrible job of recruiting - then they don't know what how to coach up mediocre players. I just don't see the talent everyone on here talks about.

A friend of mine (VT fan) seen the stats and asked me if it was raining during our game as well. Pitt had 1.8 yds per carry on them and we had 1.7 ypc tonight. i was half embarrassed to tell him that we were playing inside a dome.

Last edited:
I read online every day that Marshall has too much talent to lose in this league. I'm sorry - I don't see very much talent. Offensive line - really undersized, can't hold blocks and can't create running lanes - also, the worst coached position on the team.

Brady and Williams have decent speed - but, not break away. No other receiver has enough speed to get open.

Same with running backs - although King should be better next year.

QB - enough said.

Defensive line - way too small - can't get off big offensive line's blocks.

Pretty good linebackers.

DBs play way too far off the ball - especially with the prevent defense at the end of the game.

Coaches
All of the offensive positions are the worst coached players on the team.

Game day coaching is non-existent.

Offensive play calling - no need to go there.

I think the coaching staff has done a horrible job of recruiting - then they don't know what how to coach up mediocre players. I just don't see the talent everyone on here talks about.

It’s not, it’s all on paper. Doc and his staff simply can’t develop players, never could and never won’t. There is a reason we have so little in the NFL, and the ones that are are Snyder and Pruett recruits.

I understand the emotion. If I told you at the beginning of the game we would hold UTSA to 9 points, you likely would have thought we would have won the game (I would). So, I believe this defense is pretty good and can be good for some time. Our issue is with the offense and there must be changes. Now, you can want to fire the OC and staff, great. My concern is with the QB position as Litton is always one step away from a turnover. To me, the best decision he (Litton) made all game was the check down to Davis on the final drive. Regardless of who his coach is, he (Litton)must grasp the position. My guess is that the conservative play calling is a function of a lack of trust with Litton. He has talent, just not sure he knows how to use it. Feel free to fire everyone you like.

I understand the emotion. If I told you at the beginning of the game we would hold UTSA to 9 points, you likely would have thought we would have won the game (I would). So, I believe this defense is pretty good and can be good for some time. Our issue is with the offense and there must be changes. Now, you can want to fire the OC and staff, great. My concern is with the QB position as Litton is always one step away from a turnover. To me, the best decision he (Litton) made all game was the check down to Davis on the final drive. Regardless of who his coach is, he (Litton)must grasp the position. My guess is that the conservative play calling is a function of a lack of trust with Litton. He has talent, just not sure he knows how to use it. Feel free to fire everyone you like.

If he can’t run an offense that’s as simple a design that you could draw up in dirt with 2 sticks and a rock then get him the fvck out of there. He’s had 3 years in the most basic offense I’ve ever seen, it’s not changed since Cato was here. If They can’t or won’t bench him that’s on Doc, if the issue is no ones able to replace him because of a talent drop, guess what, that’s also on Doc. It’s his job to evaluate and recruit, and if need be replace.

When the coaches were forced to open up the offense in the fourth qtr Litton drove them down the field and scored. The offense poor play tonight was in large due to poor play calling setting up next play options.

I didn't say any of the coaches need to be fired - I just made the observation that I personally don't think there is as much talent on the team that everyone else seems to believe Marshall has - and that several positions are undersized and very poorly coached.

I'll leave the firing and hiring of the coaches to others.

I forgot UTSA's defense was Alabama? What the hell is wrong with this coaching staff? Can't be upset when you lose on a last second field goal when that is what we played for all along. Time for a change...period.

Reactions: goherdorgohome2
'll leave the firing and hiring of the coaches to others.

Thank you... fire Bill Legg and bring in the guy playing madden in the basement at his moms eating Cheetos with a orange dick..... I’m sure he could outrun Legg when it comes to play calling..... no uptempo, no under center, no hard counts, no reverses, no Statue of Liberty, no HB pass, no true fullback not just for blocking, ...on and on and on and on...........

I almost passed out when we hit our RB out of the backfield in the second half...what a joke. I hope our fans show up and pay $25 per ticket (minus kids I guess with the latest promotion) to watch this trash. We all have to hope Southern Miss isn't as good as the Bama D we played tonight. I am expecting us to play for another FG game pray they miss it this week.

Reactions: 31Herd55
I almost passed out when we hit our RB out of the backfield in the second half...what a joke. I hope our fans show up and pay $25 per ticket (minus kids I guess with the latest promotion) to watch this trash. We all have to hope Southern Miss isn't as good as the Bama D we played tonight. I am expecting us to play for another FG game pray they miss it this week.
Shhhhh, Brando...you're giving away Legg's secret game plan. :D

ADVERTISEMENT