ADVERTISEMENT

I wish our HFC had this kind of fire.....

Fan totally deserved it and more. Keep your dam mouth shut when the coach and players are walking off and that wouldn’t happen. Why take abuse from fans?

Bullshit you wish.
You'd find some way to spin it hinting Doc has anger control problems and that he has no self-control/discipline, then equate it to the team and individual players.

You aren't fooling anyone.

So you say....
Fact is? After the debacle in Charlotte, I went to the corner overlooking the visitors tunnel, waited until he was right below me and yelled: “Hey Doc...You SUCK!”
His response? Head down, tight lipped, nothing. At least one of the troopers looked at me...
He has no fire....time to move on.

So you say....
Fact is? After the debacle in Charlotte, I went to the corner overlooking the visitors tunnel, waited until he was right below me and yelled: “Hey Doc...You SUCK!”
His response? Head down, tight lipped, nothing. At least one of the troopers looked at me...
He has no fire....time to move on.

You’re an idiot. An elderly guy like you walking over to yell derogatory things to the coach of the team you support just because he isn’t winning enough?

It shows your character to be as trashy as that mud hole in your front hard.

Doc did exactly what he should have. He leads by example. If he starts losing his shit and yelling at fans, what do you think his players will do when opposing fans heckle them? You want them getting distracted from the task at hand, losing their emotions, and acting like idiots?

Doc not responding to your pathetic comments is not a reflection of him having lost his fire, but rather, him having the maturity, professionalism, and demeanor needed to lead a group of 18-23 year old kids.

You’re an idiot. An elderly guy like you walking over to yell derogatory things to the coach of the team you support just because he isn’t winning enough?

Doc did exactly what he should have. He leads by example. If he starts losing his shit and yelling at fans, what do you think his players will do when opposing fans heckle them? You want them getting distracted from the task at hand, losing their emotions, and acting like idiots?

Doc not responding to your pathetic comments is not a reflection of him having lost his fire, but rather, him having the maturity, professionalism, and demeanor needed to lead a group of 18-23 year old kids.

rifle, this is you best post ever.

Reactions: CarolinaHerdzilla

Not saying doc should have responded, you’re right. He did the right thing.

But Doc HAS lost his fire (if he had any). Teams take on the personality of their coach and for years now we’ve been flat, and lacking identity.

@Sean Hammond and I were talking about this exact same thing after we recorded the hoops podcast. When you have a game like the Herd had at Charlotte in November, you would like your HC to be pissed off about the way his team played. I'm not saying he should do something crazy, but be pissed off. That's not Marshall football. That carries over to the players. If your CEO has some fire, it carries down and you don't have a repeat of that same performance. Leftwich tore into the team after a close call against CMU back in the day. We need that sort of guy back in Green and White. I'll say I'm not 100 percent against Holliday. But I'll say this. If you dont have your HC or a leader on the field as a player get pissed after a game like that, you stay right where you are as a team. You want to move ahead, not stay where you are. Until we find that Coach or those guys on the field that feel that way, you will stand in one place. We dont need that. That coach is out there. In fact, he might be at FSU as defensive coordinator. Who knows?

Not saying doc should have responded, you’re right. He did the right thing.

But Doc HAS lost his fire (if he had any). Teams take on the personality of their coach and for years now we’ve been flat, and lacking identity.

So after 10 years of Doc not being expressive of really ANY emotions to anyone in public, ever...you've come to the conclusion he has lost his fire?

Reactions: ThunderDrunk304
@Sean Hammond and I were talking about this exact same thing after we recorded the hoops podcast. When you have a game like the Herd had at Charlotte in November, you would like your HC to be pissed off about the way his team played. I'm not saying he should do something crazy, but be pissed off. That's not Marshall football. That carries over to the players. If your CEO has some fire, it carries down and you don't have a repeat of that same performance. Leftwich tore into the team after a close call against CMU back in the day. We need that sort of guy back in Green and White. I'll say I'm not 100 percent against Holliday. But I'll say this. If you dont have your HC or a leader on the field as a player get pissed after a game like that, you stay right where you are as a team. You want to move ahead, not stay where you are. Until we find that Coach or those guys on the field that feel that way, you will stand in one place. We dont need that. That coach is out there. In fact, he might be at FSU as defensive coordinator. Who knows?

Your only reference in this entire post was a QB?
In which Doc has had a QB who did the same thing and was successful.
You also mentioned "after the game" which nobody on here was in the locker room afterwards.
Its possible Doc ripped into them for losing. Which he should have done.
Whatever he said, it worked, because MU won the following week.

You also mentioned "after the game" which nobody on here was in the locker room afterwards.
It was an example. Yes they won. I don't know what was said. I'm just saying it's good for our guys to have some fire about themselves. I'm not saying they're not competitive because they are. Cato had that fire. I'm not sure that any of the guys on the current team have the same fire. Everyone's different, I'm aware. Just something good to have.

So after 10 years of Doc not being expressive of really ANY emotions to anyone in public, ever...you've come to the conclusion he has lost his fire?

I said “if he ever even had it”. But there has been a drop off in the last few years with the team rarely playing inspired football. And Doc did seem to have at least a quiet intensity that is gone now.

the only time I’ve ever seen him get truly emotional in public was his press conference after we lost to Charlotte the FIRST time. He was about in tears in his press conference going on about how he loved the university because everyone was so down on him due to that game and season.

didn’t seem to phase him half as much this time losing to UNCC. Guess he’s just used to it by now...

Reactions: W-S HerdFan

GHMY - so, I want to make sure I comprehend what you are saying. You’re saying that due solely to the ass-reaming speech Doc gave his guys sitting in the bowels of Richardson Stadium after one of the several flat, uninspired, emotionless efforts that now trademark our football program, the team looked at each other, started jumping up and down and chanting (like in WAM), and that moment propelled them to a victory vs (gasp!) the mighty FIU Panthers? Really......
Doc has always said (he used to, anyways) “we have to have special preparation Su M Tu Weds Th in order to play like champions on Saturdays.” Well, it’s not happening, and that falls on one person.
What fire he ever had, he has no more. May next season be his last. Go Herd!!

Reactions: HerdFan73
GHMY - so, I want to make sure I comprehend what you are saying. You’re saying that due solely to the ass-reaming speech Doc gave his guys sitting in the bowels of Richardson Stadium after one of the several flat, uninspired, emotionless efforts that now trademark our football program, the team looked at each other, started jumping up and down and chanting (like in WAM), and that moment propelled them to a victory vs (gasp!) the mighty FIU Panthers? Really......
Doc has always said (he used to, anyways) “we have to have special preparation Su M Tu Weds Th in order to play like champions on Saturdays.” Well, it’s not happening, and that falls on one person.
What fire he ever had, he has no more. May next season be his last. Go Herd!!

Not sure if it was or not.

But your credibility in this thread has been shot to shit.

......every time any of us (and if anyone except AP says ‘never have’ you’re lying) has booed the home team during a football or basketball game, we’re saying it. Booing = you suck , and most often directed at the HC.

......every time any of us (and if anyone except AP says ‘never have’ you’re lying) has booed the home team during a football or basketball game, we’re saying it. Booing = you suck , and most often directed at the HC.

Booing the team or a play for being dumb is one thing.
Actively walking over and claiming to yell, "Hey Doc...You SUCK!" as he is walking through the tunnel, demotes you to a level below hogshit human being.
Own up to your idiocy.

Reactions: marshallsig
Not happening. 1st amendment. Seems to be a big thing these days. The guy is making 800k to win, not lose to freaking Charlotte!! Lack of preparation, lack of energy - those fall on one person’s shoulders. Sick of underperforming football!! Besides, no one else around here is willing to admit to farting, so I’m good....

ADVERTISEMENT