ADVERTISEMENT

I wonder . . .

greengeezer

Platinum Buffalo
Dec 25, 2007
When do you believe the legislature will take back the 10 million Justice gave Marshall for the baseball field? On the news tonight, several legislative members were calling the donation “money laundering.”

Reactions: HerdGrad1999
When do you believe the legislature will take back the 10 million Justice gave Marshall for the baseball field? On the news tonight, several legislative members were calling the donation “money laundering.”
Hell, the legislature has mistreated and misappropriated the tax payers money for decades. If it went to WVU, they wouldn't be bitching.

Hell, the legislature has mistreated and misappropriated the tax payers money for decades. If it went to WVU, they wouldn't
Hell, the legislature has mistreated and misappropriated the tax payers money for decades. If it went to WVU, they wouldn't be bitching.
I do think it is money laundering in some form and also that the stink wouldn’t be as strong if Wvu had benefited from this move by JJ. In an earlier thread I suggested the name be - COVID Field @ CARES Act Stadium. I stand by that suggestion. ;-)))

But, but, but, its REAL this time!!!!!!!! It is on the way!!!!!!!!! The other 4000 announcement of a baseball park were all lies, but THIS time its DIFFERENT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Told ya so.

If anyone can comment on whether this might genuinely be in jeopardy I feel it's @KellyGreenAlumni - if you can comment, have you heard any rumblings and such or is it businesses as usual?

IMO, they're going to make a fuss, then it is going to be swept under the rug. The Senate is just as sh!tty with money as they're claiming JJ to be.

I absolutely hate politicians. Every single one of them.
Really? But it is a politician that is back dooring money for us to have a ball park.

Look, I want a new baseball park as much as anyone. And I am realistic that the legislature has favored wvu over the years. But let's be honest, it is a little shady what Justice is doing. I am fine with it, LOL. But we should expect some scrutiny over it.

Really? But it is a politician that is back dooring money for us to have a ball park.

Look, I want a new baseball park as much as anyone. And I am realistic that the legislature has favored wvu over the years. But let's be honest, it is a little shady what Justice is doing. I am fine with it, LOL. But we should expect some scrutiny over it.
Agreed... We (the voting public) have become okay with the idea of, "If it benefits me, then the rules don't matter."

I am all for MU getting a baseball stadium, but the way this has come about screams shady backroom handshakes between power players in Charleston.

I didn't say I was fine with anything. I said I hated all politicians.

If anyone can comment on whether this might genuinely be in jeopardy I feel it's @KellyGreenAlumni - if you can comment, have you heard any rumblings and such or is it businesses as usual?

IMO, they're going to make a fuss, then it is going to be swept under the rug. The Senate is just as sh!tty with money as they're claiming JJ to be.
Dirt work, concrete and utilities work is already well under way. If they cut off the 13 million we still have ten million but will probably end up looking like a tee ball stadium

WVUs stadium cost less then Marshall’s. Probably also part of the hitch. Marshall is not allowed to have a better (insert anything here) than WVU
is that based on cost (is that inflation adjusted?) , or based on better quality facility just curious

WVU's stadium costs were subsidized because the WV DOH did all of the site prep, supposedly to facilitate "drainage" for an unneeded exit it added in. Leaving behind a lot perfectly sculpted for a ball field. That is right, WV gas tax money was illegally used to build a sports facility. Think of that the next time you hit a pothole.

But that is what WVU is. You pay, others benefit.

WVU's stadium costs were subsidized because the WV DOH did all of the site prep, supposedly to facilitate "drainage" for an unneeded exit it added in. Leaving behind a lot perfectly sculpted for a ball field. That is right, WV gas tax money was illegally used to build a sports facility. Think of that the next time you hit a pothole.

Seems a lot of money wasted on that Morgantown hole when they cant seem to win at anything in sports.

Reactions: GeauxHerd
Dirt work, concrete and utilities work is already well under way. If they cut off the 13 million we still have ten million but will probably end up looking like a tee ball stadium
I'm by no means a lawyer, I just look at rocks. But, Jimmy J having had a global firm along with a local firm sign off on the legality makes me think that this is all just pissing and moaning that will lead no where.

Ethically, could it have gone towards more urgent projects? yes. But was it illegal? Doesn't sound like it.

Seems a lot of money wasted on that Morgantown hole when they cant seem to win at anything in sports.
Morgantown = wasted money. Sports, academics, whatever. One of the reasons WV is where it is economically is that we have never had the courage to shut WVU down and farm its programs out to institutions that can serve the state and its people.

Morgantown = wasted money. Sports, academics, whatever. One of the reasons WV is where it is economically is that we have never had the courage to shut WVU down and farm its programs out to institutions that can serve the state and its people.
I am no fan of WVU but don't you think that is a bit of an exaggeration ? they have had their moments of excellence in sports and have produced plenty of people well prepared to tackle the world in academics, medicine and law among others. IMO both Marshall and WVU represent the state of WV well and do wonders with what they have to work with especially in the area of funding.

True dat. They were also awarded a TIF so the poor residents of Granville and anyone else going to the movies or shopping at Walmart had to pay extra tax

I'm by no means a lawyer, I just look at rocks. But, Jimmy J having had a global firm along with a local firm sign off on the legality makes me think that this is all just pissing and moaning that will lead no where.

Ethically, could it have gone towards more urgent projects? yes. But was it illegal? Doesn't sound like it.
Geologist?

Geologist?

Austin Powers Movie GIF

I am no fan of WVU but don't you think that is a bit of an exaggeration ? they have had their moments of excellence in sports and have produced plenty of people well prepared to tackle the world in academics, medicine and law among others. IMO both Marshall and WVU represent the state of WV well and do wonders with what they have to work with especially in the area of funding.
Check out how they are doing in sports this year. I think it was pointed out accurately on another post here.

ADVERTISEMENT