ADVERTISEMENT

I wonder . . .

Isn't some of that money that came from Charleston actually federal monies out of some of the recent legislation passed in Washington? You know, funds for rebuilding infrastructure, etc., etc. Believe Huntington has been dealing with some flooding, storm drain issues, backing up water causing flooding issues on both 3rd and 5th Avenues around the City, including some in and around the MU campus.

So any utility and similar improvements made in and around the area of our proposed baseball facility can probably be justified as being in compliance with, or related to, the designated usage of said federal monies. Moreover, all of the area North of 3rd Avenue where the old now razed ACF plant comes under the Brownsfield (sp) designation, I believe, as the old industrial complex site is to hopefully be redeveloped for new businesses and other economic ventures. Believe somewhere near the proposed stadium there has also been talk of some type of Polymer research facility or facilities, either from private entities, public ones, like MU, or maybe a public-private partnership. So I would think the State would try and justify the use of the funds for the MU stadium as being just a part of what is planned to be a much larger overall economic redevelopment project going forward!

Isn't some of that money that came from Charleston actually federal monies out of some of the recent legislation passed in Washington? You know, funds for rebuilding infrastructure, etc., etc. Believe Huntington has been dealing with some flooding, storm drain issues, backing up water causing flooding issues on both 3rd and 5th Avenues around the City, including some in and around the MU campus.

So any utility and similar improvements made in and around the area of our proposed baseball facility can probably be justified as being in compliance with, or related to, the designated usage of said federal monies. Moreover, all of the area North of 3rd Avenue where the old now razed ACF plant comes under the Brownsfield (sp) designation, I believe, as the old industrial complex site is to hopefully be redeveloped for new businesses and other economic ventures. Believe somewhere near the proposed stadium there has also been talk of some type of Polymer research facility or facilities, either from private entities, public ones, like MU, or maybe a public-private partnership. So I would think the State would try and justify the use of the funds for the MU stadium as being just a part of what is planned to be a much larger overall economic redevelopment project going forward!
Only WVU is allowed to justify funds

ADVERTISEMENT