ADVERTISEMENT

I'll go ahead and start one..

goherdorgohome2

Silver Buffalo
May 1, 2016
for josh,
This is the bash bill legg board. I don't think he's the answer. I think we are way to predictable, easy to read, have zero misdirection, don't know how to huddle, haven't been creative, and some how we always run on 2nd down...... just my thoughts.... a win is a win this time but we should be dominating these mid level teams, just shows how mid level we are as well

for josh,
This is the bash bill legg board. I don't think he's the answer. I think we are way to predictable, easy to read, have zero misdirection, don't know how to huddle, haven't been creative, and some how we always run on 2nd down...... just my thoughts.... a win is a win this time but we should be dominating these mid level teams, just shows how mid level we are as well

Misdirection - We not only ran a reverse tonight but we also ran play-action off a reverse.

Huddle - Do you watch college football? How many teams do you see huddling nowadays?

Creativity - See misdirection. Also, our route trees were much better tonight, but Kent State was holding in the secondary like crazy. I know of 2 or 3 instances where we ran different route combinations, but a holding cost us an open man in the secondary.

Our biggest issues remains to be our lack of a rushing attack and we may have solved that. Think back to what happened in 2012. Kevin Grooms didn't play the first couple of games and went on to become C-USA Freshman of the Year. I'm not saying King is going to win the award, but may have a similar impact to the offense.

Consider this as well. Our defense was pretty much dominant tonight and we're still playing without our best player on defense.

Mid-level or not, we're 2-1 with our only loss being against an ACC team on the road.

Oh, one more thing. I'm waiting on your "the staff is wasting Ryan Bee's talent" comments as well. All he did was register 10 tackles and 2 sacks from his tackle positon. I couldn't tell you the last time we had that kind of production from that position. Maybe James Rouse, but I'm not sure.

Obviously developing a rushing attack, Chase looking to run more and the healthy of the starting OL will be the difference between 6 wins and possibly 8-9.

D is solid. Special teams are fine.

Reactions: putnam green
Congratulations to Ryan Bee and his accomplishments at his new position.... i think he should still be at D end, you can say what ya want but we would have a better pass rush with him at end, the decision to move him shouldn't have even came up....... and now back to the topic of this trend since josh is changing subjects and knows it all,

bill legg is horrible and needs fired, Doc please let someone else call the plays, heck I can teach them a new one on the sidelines just before kick off if you need me to.... it's very simple.!

i think he should still be at D end, you can say what ya want but we would have a better pass rush with him at end, the decision to move him shouldn't have even came up

Our defense currently ranks 7th in the country in sacks (11).

And just because numbers don't lie, here are Bee's numbers from last season versus his projected season's end numbers for 2017.

2016 - 2017 (projected)

54 tackles - 84 tackles

4.5 sacks - 12 sacks

6.5 TFL - 12 TFL's

Tell me again why he shouldn't have been moved.

Congratulations to Ryan Bee and his accomplishments at his new position.... i think he should still be at D end, you can say what ya want but we would have a better pass rush with him at end, the decision to move him shouldn't have even came up....... and now back to the topic of this trend since josh is changing subjects and knows it all,

bill legg is horrible and needs fired, Doc please let someone else call the plays, heck I can teach them a new one on the sidelines just before kick off if you need me to.... it's very simple.!

mrw-i-see-an-obvious-troll_fb_3798549.jpg

Reactions: caliherd
Our defense currently ranks 7th in the country in sacks (11).

And just because numbers don't lie, here are Bee's numbers from last season versus his projected season's end numbers for 2017.

2016 - 2017 (projected)

54 tackles - 84 tackles

4.5 sacks - 12 sacks

6.5 TFL - 12 TFL's

Tell me again why he shouldn't have been moved.

Changing the subject again.... and I think he would have even better numbers then that, if he were at D-end... that's why he shouldn't have been moved. No hate against Ryan he would probably be a better QB if they stuck him there.. the kid can play, one of my all time favs... I just don't think moveing his position should have ever have happened, he was to good of a D-end to think about moving.. move on josh.....

And bill legg still needs to go....!

If going to herd games for the past 30+ years, understanding the simple fact that our offense is lame as heck, and pointing out the obvious when it needs pointed out is trolling then call me guilty... can't help I'm a die hard herd fanatic get over it

The funny thing is josh is always against the grain, takes up for whatever coach is in office so they don't boot him from pressers, try's to come on here and make you think he is always right cause, he knows a guy who heard from his uncle that talked to doc moms sister... and yet when you call him out for doing these thing you'll get a last warning....

for josh,
Ya just can't argue with the "Josh"!
Anybody with a lick of sense can.

De
I'm all for sports debate, but when it's just watered down, "he sucks" or "that's a stupid decision" type stuff, it's not a debate.
debate= When people have a argument

Argument = reason or set of reasons given with the aim of persuading others.

Reason = is to form judgement

My judgement is, bill legg needs to change our backfield formations more often, why do I say that, if the running back is to the left of the QB we run to the right, if he is to the right of the QB we run left taking the ball 5 yards deep in the backfield. By the time the running back get to the hole it's closed, why, because our line isn't great enough to hold huge holes for ever. This causes a lot of the backs to have to bounce out, giving time to the linebackers to already be in pursuit to the ball. I made all this judgement by watching the the game. We will never have a great running game like this. Our line is not as good as it was 2-3-4 years ago... so I say get creative to make up for our weaknesses and design a play thats alittle more quick hit ( undercenter, silent snap, hand it to a fullback) there are many options here but yet we stay in shotgun which only delays the start of the play.. sorry I don't have access to daily practices to blind myself with all the talent going against the scrubs.

Ok the debate here is stupid.

Fact is The BEEST and the entire defense is playing lights out and he is being more productive inside.

Reactions: Herd1972
De

debate= When people have a argument

Argument = reason or set of reasons given with the aim of persuading others.

Reason = is to form judgement

My judgement is, bill legg needs to change our backfield formations more often, why do I say that, if the running back is to the left of the QB we run to the right, if he is to the right of the QB we run left taking the ball 5 yards deep in the backfield. By the time the running back get to the hole it's closed, why, because our line isn't great enough to hold huge holes for ever. This causes a lot of the backs to have to bounce out, giving time to the linebackers to already be in pursuit to the ball. I made all this judgement by watching the the game. We will never have a great running game like this. Our line is not as good as it was 2-3-4 years ago... so I say get creative to make up for our weaknesses and design a play thats alittle more quick hit ( undercenter, silent snap, hand it to a fullback) there are many options here but yet we stay in shotgun which only delays the start of the play.. sorry I don't have access to daily practices to blind myself with all the talent going against the scrubs.

Saying our offensive line is "not as good" is somewhat extreme. Saying our offensive line is inexperienced is far more accurate. At one point Saturday we had 3 FR, 1 Soph, and 1 JR out there. OL's are built on chemistry. These guys haven't had the chance to build that yet. What you're seeing now isn't necessarily the same OL we'll be seeing in October and November.

In regards to formations, if that were true I'd agree, but it's not.

We run dives and counters both out of the shotgun regardless whether or not the RB's are lined up in the generic, offset, or pistol formations.

So your willing to wait till October or November to see a improved run game is what your saying, ok I'll agree our line is inexperienced ( hints not at good as years past, when we had a rush attack)

Why wait for the line to improve for our rushing game when there are many options to make up for a weak ( inexperienced) line. Just goes to show you agree our line is our problem to our run game, and bill legg hasn't made a major change ( style of plays) yet. Tells me he isn't the man that needs to be make those decisions anymore. He can not change his ways ( not flexible enough) to try something that might work.

So your willing to wait till October or November to see a improved run game is what your saying, ok I'll agree our line is inexperienced ( hints not at good as years past, when we had a rush attack)

Why wait for the line to improve for our rushing game when there are many options to make up for a weak ( inexperienced) line. Just goes to show you agree our line is our problem to our run game, and bill legg hasn't made a major change ( style of plays) yet. Tells me he isn't the man that needs to be make those decisions anymore. He can not change his ways ( not flexible enough) to try something that might work.

I'm not pinning it all on the offensive line. I was just using that one instance. Maybe Chase read run when he should've read pass. Maybe the running back made the wrong read. There are a million different things going on with each play that could cause it to go wrong.

Do you honestly believe your idea of simplicity (going under center or adding a full back/H-back which we've used more this year than we ever have it seems) is the the answer? C'mon! If you've watched football for 30 years like you say you have, then you should know those tendencies are a thing of the past.

Maybe since we are inexperienced bill should back up a bit, not not kill the season. I love you josh....

Good things staff has done, style of uniforms, got our defense secondary play with attitude again, have conditioned the team very well, made some great choices on special teams, plus more.

Bad things, kept bill legg.

There I posted more good things then bad.
Annoying is our offense so I come here to talk it out, some people don't want to hear what I think be cause 1) they don't hear what anyone thinks. 2) they are afraid of getting "chuck'ed" from their close incounters with the herd staff.

Good things staff has done, style of uniforms, got our defense secondary play with attitude again, have conditioned the team very well, made some great choices on special teams, plus more.

Bad things, kept bill legg.

There I posted more good things then bad.
Annoying is our offense so I come here to talk it out, some people don't want to hear what I think be cause 1) they don't hear what anyone thinks. 2) they are afraid of getting "chuck'ed" from their close incounters with the herd staff.

star-trek-facepalm.jpg

Josh is right. The rest of you are wrong. It's as simple as that. You can't be respected as a poster if you can't even see the good things the staff does and only are willing to complain about the bad. You're just annoying at that point

It's not even about wrong and right, although I agree with your point in seeing the good that the staff does.

For me, it's more about the presentation that some posters bring. Like, if anyone starts something with "he sucks, Doc is an idiot, I could do better than him," then I'm immediately going to dismiss them.

I don't always agree with the things the staff, players, or administration does, but I don't address those issues in the same manner as some do, which ultimately makes me a "homer" or "afraid of the staff" according to some.

It's not even about wrong and right, although I agree with your point in seeing the good that the staff does.

For me, it's more about the presentation that some posters bring. Like, if anyone starts something with "he sucks, Doc is an idiot, I could do better than him," then I'm immediately going to dismiss them.

I don't always agree with the things the staff, players, or administration does, but I don't address those issues in the same manner as some do, which ultimately makes me a "homer" or "afraid of the staff" according to some.

When someone says what needs to be said, you dismiss them, which makes you look like your afraid of the staff ( given your position ).

And secondly I do not think I have called doc a idiot, In fact in most of my posting about doc I talk about how much I like him, and I do, but I do not agree with him on keeping bill legg this long. Which has been my whole point to this.. and my "opinion" with substance that you don't know about, I could do a better job the bill legg wouldn't take much...!

When someone says what needs to be said, you dismiss them, which makes you look like your afraid of the staff ( given your position ).

And secondly I do not think I have called doc a idiot, In fact in most of my posting about doc I talk about how much I like him, and I do, but I do not agree with him on keeping bill legg this long. Which has been my whole point to this.. and my "opinion" with substance that you don't know about, I could do a better job the bill legg wouldn't take much...!

That wasn't aimed entirely at you. You're not the only offender.

Some of you need to find better things to bitch about. Doc is the HC, and Legg is calling the plays. Nothing anybody here can do about it. Go to the dentist and get a tooth pulled. That's something good to bitch about. Bitch about Sistersville High School cheating to beat me out of a state title. That's legitimate bitching right there.

Support your team to the bitter end. 2-1 to start the season, with a great shot at winning another 3 in a row, before heading off to face MTSU in a big road game next month.

Reminder: This was a 3 win team in the worst D1 conference in America last year. There's a shot at winning the league. Get your thunder sticks, and go to thunder clap practice. Random is one of the thunder clap leaders, and he's damn good at his job.

Some of you need to find better things to bitch about. Doc is the HC, and Legg is calling the plays. Nothing anybody here can do about it. Go to the dentist and get a tooth pulled. That's something good to bitch about. Bitch about Sistersville High School cheating to beat me out of a state title. That's legitimate bitching right there.

Support your team to the bitter end. 2-1 to start the season, with a great shot at winning another 3 in a row, before heading off to face MTSU in a big road game next month.

Reminder: This was a 3 win team in the worst D1 conference in America last year. There's a shot at winning the league. Get your thunder sticks, and go to thunder clap practice. Random is one of the thunder clap leaders, and he's damn good at his job.

Let me preface by saying I completely agree with this.

Problem is, some would rather focus on the negative or avoid the positive at all costs.

Changing the subject again.... and I think he would have even better numbers then that, if he were at D-end... that's why he shouldn't have been moved. No hate against Ryan he would probably be a better QB if they stuck him there.. the kid can play, one of my all time favs... I just don't think moveing his position should have ever have happened, he was to good of a D-end to think about moving.. move on josh.....

And bill legg still needs to go....!
Our defense would be worse with Bee at DE instead of DT. We have injuries at that position and would be poor in the running game due to the issue without Bee inside and this also allows us to get a speed rusher like Dozier on the field more and he played great against Kent St.

Last edited:
Our defense would be worse with Bee at DE instead of DT. We have injuries at that position and would be poor in the running game due to the issue without Bee inside and this also allows us to get a speed rusher like Dozier on the field more and he played great against Kent St.

Good Deal thanks for clearing my mind for me..:rolleyes:..... now I just wonder could we be better with bee back at defense end... I think so.. why don't we just convert like a third string Olineman, pack on a ton of weight and just Buddha squat right in the middle of the line and let bee rush off the end like he's done for a long time and in my opinion where he is most useful.... don't get me wrong he's playing great in the middle .... but we don't have a good pass rush.... and it hurt us at NC State....

ADVERTISEMENT