ADVERTISEMENT

I'm calling it now...

Even though we just played an abysmal game, there will be super fans saying, "only Marshall fans would bitch about winning a game by 21points, and a shutout no less!"

Eh.

4 very good quarters on defense and one very good quarter on offense. Don't forget we had three starters on the offensive line out and (for some reason) King didn't play until the 2nd half. He looks like a difference maker and I'm excited about his future.

Nothing to get overly excited about but I wouldn't classify that performance as abysmal.

Win and move on. Don't get too excited about a shutout but don't apologize for winning a game by 3 TD's at home. I think we found something in King and hopefully we came out healthy and get ready for a winnable game at UC.

Eh.

4 very good quarters on defense and one very good quarter on offense. Don't forget we had three starters on the offensive line out and (for some reason) King didn't play until the 2nd half. He looks like a difference maker and I'm excited about his future.

Nothing to get overly excited about but I wouldn't classify that performance as abysmal.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if we start out next game with King on the sideline. The defense played well overall, but keep in mind, that was with not only Kent State, but with their 2nd string QB. Then they put their 3rd string QB out of desperation.

The team's performance, as a whole, was not good.

King needs to start. His burst is a difference maker. Not impressed at all with T Rod.

Have to get the OL healthy.

Chase has to realize he can run it and help this team.

Reactions: Timtnt9
King needs to start. His burst is a difference maker. Not impressed at all with T Rod.

Have to get the OL healthy.

Chase has to realize he can run it and help this team.

Spot on re: the last sentence, TwolfHerdfan. Its on film now: Chase's run for a first down and then his TD run. No one is saying, or asking, that he should run 10 to 15 times a game. But the threat that it can run, and run effectively, is now out there. Just another thing future D Coordinators have to keep in mind, and possibly prepare for. Should make our O a little more effective, . . .and productive!!

mlblack16 posted "we played an abysmal game". How about thinking in terms of a good defensive performance holding an opponent scoreless! Just saying. Boring - yes.
Lacked excitement overall- ok. Abysmal - no!

Reactions: 19MU88
mlblack16 posted "we played an abysmal game". How about thinking in terms of a good defensive performance holding an opponent scoreless! Just saying. Boring - yes.
Lacked excitement overall- ok. Abysmal - no!

16 would have been happy if the final had been 61-40. :D

A frustrating game to watch for sure. However, I am reminded this morning that we won the game. we found a RB that can move the sticks. We witnessed Chase run the ball and score a TD. Our defense played really good. The Ol played okay all things considered. I think giving some young guys playing time will pay dividends as the season moves forward. I might get nailed for saying this but I swear I think Legg is trying to mix it up some ( even if it baby steps size).

Reactions: Elkview
The way I look at it is we are 2-1. Most said that would be a good indicator that this season was not going to be a repeat of last year. I'm still concerned by the amount of penalties, though most seemed to be of the false start and hold variety on the O-line. Which hopefully was due to 3 starters begin out and can be cleanup. I think we may have finally found a difference maker in the ground game with King.

The defense played well, but what concerns me is that Kent State ended up playing its 2nd string QB early on in the game. The starter was giving us fits before he was injured. Kent ST. then ended up with its 3rd string QB in the game.

If everyone wants to just look at the end results, that's fine, but you can't identify and correct issues when you don't bother to be analytical about how the final score came to be.

I think King shows a lot of promise. I was texting a buddy during the game saying if we had any threat of a running game whatsoever, our offense would be potent. I like our corps of WR. We'll see how the season unfolds.

21-0 over Kent.......KENT ST. Yawn. A backup QB since the 1st qtr, 14 pts at the end of the game when Kent pretty much laid down. I'll take the win, but let's not lie to ourselves that this was impressive by any means. The only reason we can't justify this game as "abysmal" is because we are comparing this seasons start vs last year dumpster fire.

Legg's play calling is still abysmal, and I'm tired of reading about injury excuses. We haven't had a consistent productive running game in years.

Reactions: mlblack16.
Litton running makes the offense much better by far. Even the threat is enough for defenders to have to change their approaches.
21-0, we did not look good but we scored enough to win, the defense shut out Kent State, a shutout of anyone is a good day for a DC.

Black finally finished bloviating? Change the tampon? Facts remain, this was a 3 win team last year in arguably the worst D1 conference in America. Beating another D1 team by three touchdowns and shutting them out seems like a good thing to me.

Answer honestly, did you watch the game? Me thinks your cheap ass didn't see any of it and are going by the final score.

That and you're a dumbass like @GeauxHerd

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
We haven't had a consistent productive running game in years.

2016 was the first year since 2011 that we didn't average over 165 yards/game on the ground. I'm not sure what you consider productive, but that's a helluva stretch IMO.

2016 - 108
2015 - 169
2014 - 272
2013 - 206
2012 - 169
2011 - 120

Reactions: 19MU88
2016 was the first year since 2011 that we didn't average over 165 yards/game on the ground. I'm not sure what you consider productive, but that's a helluva stretch IMO.

2016 - 108
2015 - 169
2014 - 272
2013 - 206
2012 - 169
2011 - 120
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT