ADVERTISEMENT

Injury update/availability status for team

W-S HerdFan

Platinum Buffalo
Aug 14, 2002
Sarasota, FL
As the date for @ WKU (5:00 et tip) (CBSSports) on Friday approaches, anyone have an update on 3 players - Bennett, Obina & George? I would expect George to not be available based on the boot he was wearing 10 days ago in Ruston. Bennett (knee) & Obina (what is his?) - not sure. Would be great to have 1 or 2 of them healthy enough to contribute....kind of surprised the Toppers split @ home w/LATech.....

As the date for @ WKU (5:00 et tip) (CBSSports) on Friday approaches, anyone have an update on 3 players - Bennett, Obina & George? I would expect George to not be available based on the boot he was wearing 10 days ago in Ruston. Bennett (knee) & Obina (what is his?) - not sure. Would be great to have 1 or 2 of them healthy enough to contribute....kind of surprised the Toppers split @ home w/LATech.....

I just spoke to Jannson. They have been having workouts in very small groups and he said that have been harder "conditioning-wise" than regular practices. I was glad to hear that because I was afraid of all of them getting out of shape with not having structured practices. His group has been him, Byers and Goran. He has not a word on the status of Darius, Obinna or Iran. Sorry, that's all I have currently.

Danny stated on his radio show tonight Darius is full strength. A staff member over the weekend told me Obinna is also ready. No word on Iran
meister - that is a great update! I know Iran is going to be a tougher recovery. Darius has such a high ceiling - he brings it the whole time he is on the floor. Obina is just learning the ropes, but Coach is high on him. WKU certainly not the dominant force of the pre-season. Let’s go get one Friday!

Still hoping we can engage in some basketball conversation. Gonna be a tough nut to go down to Bowling Green on limited practice & compete.

Still hoping we can engage in some basketball conversation. Gonna be a tough nut to go down to Bowling Green on limited practice & compete.
Yep. Considering that today is the first day of practice for those quarantined. I assumed they practiced this morning and then bus down this afternoon

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
I guess we'll never know who was....or wasn't ! Looking forward to wa
tching them...seems like it has been a month since they left Ruston.......

Dang. I think if we'd been able to practice we'd be the favorite. I still like our chances.

ADVERTISEMENT