ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting take on critical race theory

KyMUfan

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2020
Likewise I had a friend who was formerly liberal change his mind when he heard an Eastern European refugee give his personal experience with the Communists' gun control and disarming tactics.

citing references from her childhood in the Mao led China's Cultural Revolution that pitted people of different classes against each other, demolishing huge swaths of cultural artifacts in the process, and leaving anywhere between 500,000 to 20 million people dead from 1966 to 1976.

"Everything that was considered 'old,' feudalist, a vase, Buddhas, everything was taken out and smashed."

"The communist regime used the same critical theory to divide people," she added. "The only difference is they used class instead of race."

Yep. Those were the days, if you were Chinese and didn’t have that “little red book,” you were SOL.

I've asked more than a handful of otherwise fairly intelligent people what their issue with critical race theory was. The only answer they could come up with was "it divides people on race," which has no merit.

So now your turn, KY Jelly. What do you have against teachings that show how racism has been engrained in our daily lives?

I've asked more than a handful of otherwise fairly intelligent people what their issue with critical race theory was.

What do you have against teachings that show how racism has been engrained in our daily lives?

Since you have consistently called me a moron why are you now including me in the fairly intelligent people category?

So I'll defer to your superior intellect and use some of your own recent arguments for this matter.

What does that have to do with Jinping? Should we keep distance from President Steinmeier and Chancellor Merkel because of Hitler?

Previous and (in China's case) ongoing behavior shouldn't have anything to do with how one currently relates with others.

Brilliant comment coming from the moron who is blaming China's current president for things that happened when he was five years old.

Yet you are now blaming me for "systemic racism" for things that happened before I was born???

I've asked more than a handful of otherwise fairly intelligent people what their issue with critical race theory was. The only answer they could come up with was "it divides people on race," which has no merit.

So now your turn, KY Jelly. What do you have against teachings that show how racism has been engrained in our daily lives?
It is founded on Marxist ideas and has a foundation in Marxism.

Of course you would fully endorse something like this. You blindly follow whatever the newest narrative and gladly jump aboard the bandwagon. BC has called you out on this in the past.

You know, it's okay to be an individual and not go along with your "gang." Leftism is literally a cult these days. You have extremists on the Right, but there are far more individuals who were middle of the road, who just can't get with the radical beliefs of the Left and so we have found ourselves siding with Republicans.

It's also okay to acknowledge racism is a problem, but the solution isn't teaching kids reverse racism, and that's literally what this nonsense is all about. Created by oodles of self-loathing white liberals in academia, who ironically are never inconvenienced and won't ever place themselves into a position where they will be. You, on the other hand, are somewhat of an anomaly. You blindly agree with whatever the Left promotes, but you love yourself far too much to be the self-loathing white liberal (like Greed) everyone laughs at.

Of course you would fully endorse something like this. You blindly follow whatever the newest narrative and gladly jump aboard the bandwagon. BC has called you out on this in the past.

You know, it's okay to be an individual and not go along with your "gang." Leftism is literally a cult these days. You have extremists on the Right, but there are far more individuals who were middle of the road, who just can't get with the radical beliefs of the Left and so we have found ourselves siding with Republicans.

It's also okay to acknowledge racism is a problem, but the solution isn't teaching kids reverse racism, and that's literally what this nonsense is all about. Created by oodles of self-loathing white liberals in academia, who ironically are never inconvenienced and won't ever place themselves into a position where they will be. You, on the other hand, are somewhat of an anomaly. You blindly agree with whatever the Left promotes, but you love yourself far too much to be the self-loathing white liberal (like Greed) everyone laughs at.
You're an idiot. trumptard cult member.

Created by oodles of self-loathing white liberals in academia,

Very well put but may I offer one small suggestion?

Adopted from Marxist ideology by oodles of self-loathing white liberals in academia - I don't think that type is capable of creating anything...

Reactions: mlblack16.

Is this appropriate curriculum for high school kids?

You’re talking to the wrong people.

There are people who think CRT is a disaster just bc Trump said so, but there are rigorous thinkers that hate Trump (see below) that are ringing alarm bells about it. I think Trump poisoned the well here (see tweet), much in the same way many people refused to look at the covid lab leak bc Trump suggesting it may be a thing so since it was Trump it must be bad/wrong.

John McWhorter, Glen Loury, Thomas Chatterton Willians, Coleman Hughes, Sam Harris, so many great thinkers have spelled out good arguments against it.

Aside: I got interested in it a number of years ago (around time of kid 1 I think) when my wife was working in inner city /pro Bono law and then high school to college non profit work with inner city black kids. She had to read a lot of Derrick bell and Coates stuff…DiAngelo seminars, etc….which was literal gospel in that world.

From McWhorter:

Well, I think what we have to understand is that there is a basic assumption that cuts through all of what we're being taught lately. That like many basic assumptions, isn't often spelled out and it's at the point where a lot of the practitioners themselves would be hard placed to spell out this basic assumption. It's all gone from the concrete to the abstract. But the heart of critical race theory is an idea that all intellectual and moral endeavor must be filtered through a commitment to overturning power differentials.

Now, if I say power differential, frankly, that sounds a little boring, but what power differential mainly means is getting rid of race-based disparities. It's also about sexism. It's also about classism. But what really motivated this whole thing was a concern with race. And where it gets thorny is that there is an even more tacit assumption underlying critical race theory, which is that where facts and efficacy and pragmatism conflict with the idea that you are questioning, maybe not even overturning, but questioning power differentials, then the facts have to lose.“

If you honestly want to read well thought out rebuttals to CRT it I’d suggest:

Amazon product ASIN 1634312023
Amazon product ASIN 0593423062

It’s not just teaching history.

There is an activist component of it led currently by Kendi. His solution is IMO dangerous.

Last edited:
Regardless of race or any other factor, this is an easy way to understand how our world has always worked.

Group A has the power and has mistreated and marginalized Group B. Group B will justify any means to gain power, and when they do, Group B will mistreat and marginalize Group A. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat . . .

Sorry Doc, but Rifle is going to need his television to tell him CRT is a bad thing before he can determine that teaching reverse racism simply perpetuates racism.

Then again, this is the guy who's about to enter this thread and "dumb things down" for us by using an example of child molestation and how it's really not as bad as white people make it out to be.

• Haha
Reactions: Marshall Jeff
Regardless of race or any other factor, this is an easy way to understand how our world has always worked.

Group A has the power and has mistreated and marginalized Group B. Group B will justify any means to gain power, and when they do, Group B will mistreat and marginalize Group A. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat . . .
Correct in so many ways. Traveling on business and ate at Bob's in Austin TX last night. One of the guys there took a liking to me and my right hand man and started talking to us. This guy can definitely take care of himself. Grew up in Hawaii. According to him natives hate whites (who are the minority) and he had to fight his way through school. Moved to TX for financial reasons and to keep his kids from having to go through the same thing. Interesting take from someone who has been there. And we see it playing over and over yet the next time will be "different"...

Since you have consistently called me a moron why are you now including me in the fairly intelligent people category?
Reading comprehension, like most other things in life, has failed you. I made no reference to you being "fairly intelligent."

Previous and (in China's case) ongoing behavior shouldn't have anything to do with how one currently relates with others.
Not only is that now what I said, but it also makes no sense in your attempt either for Jinping or critical race theory. Your critical thinking ability is even worse than your reading comprehension.

Yet you are now blaming me for "systemic racism" for things that happened before I was born???
Where in the fvck did I blame you or any individual for "systemic racism"? Christ, stop wasting time of people on this board with your horrible illogical attempts.

You know, it's okay to be an individual and not go along with your "gang."
Of all people, I am the worst target for that attempt. Remember, I am the one who blasted Biden repeatedly on here well before anyone else. I am the one who mocked Sanders for saying his new blood was needed in politics considering his whole life was in politics. Electing him would be old blood.

Sorry Doc, but Rifle is going to need his television to tell him CRT is a bad thing before he can determine that teaching reverse racism simply perpetuates racism.
Again, you're a moron. Somebody of my intelligence never has to rely on somebody else to tell me why I feel a certain way. That's your side, and I have routinely used that line against you deplorables. It's been a recurring pattern on here that your side has to wait until that evening's Tucker Carlson show to know what to say.

Is this appropriate curriculum for high school kids?

Though I don't condone teaching and reinforcing stereotypes, a lot of things on those pages is entirely accurate. What portions do you disagree with specifically? The first page has some that I disagree with, but the last two are almost flawless in reality.

The James Lindsay tweet graphic is incorrect. It's a straw man. Those are not all things automatically assumed and taught under critical race theory. Why must your side constantly misrepresent? It's the same thing your side did with the intent of "defund the police." It's the same thing your side has done regarding the meaning of "white privilege."

. Grew up in Hawaii. According to him natives hate whites (who are the minority) and he had to fight his way through school. Moved to TX for financial reasons and to keep his kids from having to go through the same thing. Interesting take from someone who has been there. And we see it playing over and over yet the next time will be "different"...

You think native Hawaiians dislike whites because they don't want whites to gain power? You get dumber by the day.

There are people who think CRT is a disaster just bc Trump said so, but there are rigorous thinkers that hate Trump (see below) that are ringing alarm bells about it. I think Trump poisoned the well here (see tweet), much in the same way many people refused to look at the covid lab leak bc Trump suggesting it may be a thing so since it was Trump it must be bad/wrong.

Excellent information on CRT. I like the analogy to Trump poisoning the well, which I sarcastically attribute similar positions to TDS. Much like the possibility of a lab leak in Wuhan being impossible simply because Trump suggested it, I also am not a blind follower of Trump for recognizing that same possibility.

According to him natives hate whites (who are the minority) and he had to fight his way through school. Moved to TX for financial reasons and to keep his kids from having to go through the same thing.

Your critical thinking ability is even worse than your reading comprehension.

You think native Hawaiians dislike whites because they don't want whites to gain power? You get dumber by the day.

I usually just ignore your idiotic rants and diatribes but this one is so ridiculous I had to respond.

Lesson in reading comprehension.

1. There are multiple facets of what I posted.
2. He said native Hawaiians hated whites with no real underlying reason given other than he suggested it was because of race.
3. Because he was a hated minority he either had to endure some abuse or learn to fight, which he did.
4. He moved to Texas for financial reasons - job opportunities, lower cost of living especially housing, 0% state income tax vs. 6%, etc.
5. He didn't want his kids to be subjected to the abuse he received and have to fight as well as to have a higher standard of living in TX.

Where in the ???? did you get that I even intimated that native Hawaiians dislike whites because they don't want whites to gain power? Besides your views on systemic racism would suggest that whites have ALL the power.

Incredulous...

ADVERTISEMENT