ADVERTISEMENT

Ipad, laptop, etc.

Always The Herd

Silver Buffalo
Feb 3, 2007
I want to buy my wife an ipad or laptop (or something else electronic) for her birthday. What exactly would you suggest and why (she will be 60 shortly). What brand, details, etc.?

I would select "something else electronic."

Google "electronic rabbit vibe" which is a good piece of electronics that tends to be more popular with women than men. I'm not sure if that is because women have smaller hands or just like the easier to use interaction its programs and apps have, but I think she would enjoy that more than the standard laptop.

Do you know what she'll be using it for? And how comfortable she is with technology?

Also you all should be nicer to ATH with his tech questions. Any time someone is discouraged from learning about new things because of assholes is a tragedy.

Also you all should be nicer to ATH with his tech questions. Any time someone is discouraged from learning about new things because of assholes is a tragedy.

A tragedy? Dramatic much? The only asshole is that guy which is why he catches flack from people. Do you need a refresher on some of the comments he has made to the same people he makes a habit of asking help from?

Need to know what she'll use it for: web surfing, reading, social media - iPad. If she will need a computer for writing, tracking finances, etc go with a tablet PC like a Surface.

Couldn't think of a better word, but somebody sitting there not using technology that would make their lives better because they're afraid to ask is pretty shitty.

And yeah, I don't agree with ATH on hardly anything, but can we just be cool in the tech support threads? Or not post in them? Those fights aren't about this.

Reactions: GK4Herd
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT