ADVERTISEMENT

Is this a sports topic or a political topic?

KyMUfan

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2020
This is so important to Joe Biden that he is addressing it on day 1 of his presidency.

As the father of a female college athlete it will be a little hard to digest her playing a male player masquerading as a female player. She could be competing against players outweighing her by 100 lbs of muscle...

Joe Biden

@JoeBiden

Let’s be clear: Transgender equality is the civil rights issue of our time. There is no room for compromise when it comes to basic human rights.
1:20 PM · Jan 25, 2020

11.8K people are Tweeting about this

As the father of a female college athlete it will be a little hard to digest her playing a male player masquerading as a female player. She could be competing against players outweighing her by 100 lbs of muscle...
Why do you have to make this political? You had a nice post talking about your daughter and for whatever reason felt you needed to shift gears to Biden. What sport does your daughter play? What school does she attend? A certain poster on here will likely call her a slut...

Why do you have to make this political? You had a nice post talking about your daughter and for whatever reason felt you needed to shift gears to Biden. What sport does your daughter play? What school does she attend? A certain poster on here will likely call her a slut...
Because Biden posted that tweet today. This is yet another effort to politicize sports and has the potential to drastically change the landscape of women's sports, scholarships and other things.

I don't see the word "sports" in that tweet.

Know that I too draw the line on sports.
It's not hard to find. From PBS:

During his campaign, Biden committed to restoring transgender students' access to sports, bathrooms and locker rooms in accordance with their gender identity.

"States that like Idaho attempt to bar trans girls from girls sports, regardless of age of transition, medical intervention or anything else, with a new federal administration, will now be risking lawsuits by the federal government, Justice Department intervention and the loss of federal funding," said Chase Strangio, the American Civil Liberties Union's deputy director for transgender justice.

Do you know how to post links?
Also from Biden's own website. It says first day. Link at bottom.

Ensure young LGBTQ+ people are supported and protected in our schools and college campuses by:

• Guaranteeing transgender students have access to facilities based on their gender identity. On his first day in office, Biden will reinstate the Obama-Biden guidance revoked by the Trump-Pence Administration, which will restore transgender students’ access to sports, bathrooms, and locker rooms in accordance with their gender identity. He will direct his Department of Education to vigorously enforce and investigate violations of transgender students’ civil rights.

Transgendered sports hurt women. I’ll try to find the link but there was a study out recently saying that even after a year of hormone replacement therapy chicks with d!cos still have atleast a 10% advantage in strength. Its amazing how the party of science denies science they don’t like

Transgendered sports hurt women. I’ll try to find the link but there was a study out recently saying that even after a year of hormone replacement therapy chicks with d!cos still have atleast a 10% advantage in strength. Its amazing how the party of science denies science they don’t like

For the record, most Americans aren’t in favor of it.

Reactions: KyMUfan
This is what the Left does. create laws and spend 💰 to cater to the folks who are statistically irrelevant.

Reactions: KyMUfan
Someone asked for links but quiet since they were posted...

Here is another illustration of how this "equal" access to locker rooms may work.

In KY students in the 7th grade can play high school sports (it used to be any grade, even elementary, up until 6 or 7 years ago). So you could have a 12 year old 7th grade girl sharing a team locker room with a 19 year old transgender male (or a 19 year old heterosexual male masquerading as a transgender for whatever reason - scholarship money, voyeurism, etc.). How is that going to work out?

Actually I was offering to help you use our site features, as you are new here. But thanks for assuming the worst.

If you are still here two years from now and haven't figured things out by then, yeah expect some sarcasm.
Actually I wondered if that was the case since you are a moderator. And I actually appreciate the offer and would take you up on it if I didn't know how.

I'm new here but have already realized how contentious Pullman Square can be and how you always seem to have to be on your guard and quick on the reply.😀

Because I've been called an idiot on numerous occasions already I might have been too quick on the draw 😀😀

Please accept my apologies.

• Haha
Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Beginning in the 1960's and through the early 1990's female athletes from East Germany doped with male hormones to improve their performance. This was generally looked upon with suspicion and disdain by the international community.

The sad irony of this is we now have male athletes doping with female hormones in an effort to achieve the same results: to win Gold medals and dominate international competition. And our president-elect wants to make it our national policy on day 1 of his presidency.

The best intentions generally have unintended consequences. Women's sports generally struggle with viewership and I can't imagine having males identifying as females competing in these events will do anything to improve that.

Last edited:
Beginning in the 1960's and through the early 1990's female athletes from East Germany doped with male hormones to improve their performance. This was generally looked upon with suspicion and disdain by the international community.

The sad irony of this is we now have male athletes doping with female hormones in an effort to achieve the same results: to win Gold medals and dominate international competition. And our president-elect wants to make it our national policy on day 1 of his presidency.

The best intentions generally have unintended consequences. Women's sports generally struggle with viewership and I can't imagine having males identifying as females competing in these events will do anything to improve that.
Germany is a crazy place.

Germany is a crazy place.
The roots of the US sports steroid epidemic were in East Germany as well. The Air Coryell Chargers of the 1960's were likely the first NFL team to use them. I'd say the US is getting to be crazier all the time.

Don Coryell was later. Sid Gillman was the Chargers coach when they first started using steroids in the 1960s.

ADVERTISEMENT