ADVERTISEMENT

It's HUFF!

Feldman and Thamel reporting the same. And the H-Dispatch. Appears that he has been offered the job.

Reactions: rvntx
I'm sure he's gone within 3 years, on to a P5 school. It's still exciting and uplifting.

Hoping he can bring in a couple big recruits. I know he won't poach any from Alabama, but a couple more highly regarded guys would be huge.
I wonder about that....the 3rd stringers at Bama have to be pretty good players....come here and get immediate playing time! Is that gonna happen...I doubt it. Oh, but what if!!!

I would expect a bump for a few reasons. 1. We are coming off a pandemic (hopefully) and people will want to get out and do things, tailgate, etc. 2. Anytime you have a new head coach that the fan base is excited for you’re going to get some people to “come back” 3. Doc was boring. Yes, he won a lot of games here but it was boring outside of the Cato years. I remember sitting there in 2016 at the last game as WKU hung 60 on us, and promising my fiancé we weren’t getting season tickets again until something changes. I’m sure I’m not the only one.

I would expect a bump for a few reasons. 1. We are coming off a pandemic (hopefully) and people will want to get out and do things, tailgate, etc. 2. Anytime you have a new head coach that the fan base is excited for you’re going to get some people to “come back” 3. Doc was boring. Yes, he won a lot of games here but it was boring outside of the Cato years. I remember sitting there in 2016 at the last game as WKU hung 60 on us, and promising my fiancé we weren’t getting season tickets again until something changes. I’m sure I’m not the only one.
Aout 20 of my closest friends and I stayed for the second half of that game. We were spread out over the entire stadium...😥

I think two years later only those 20 fans showed up for the FIU game after the Charlotte loss the week before, but that was at the START of the game. I think I have pictures of both games. I'll try to find them.

Like you so many have refused to come back after those games and a few others and I understand that.

PS - there were actually more than 20, but it was a ghost town both games...

Aout 20 of my closest friends and I stayed for the second half of that game. We were spread out over the entire stadium...😥

I think two years later only those 20 fans showed up for the FIU game after the Charlotte loss the week before, but that was at the START of the game. I think I have pictures of both games. I'll try to find them.

Like you so many have refused to come back after those games and a few others and I understand that.

PS - there were actually more than 20, but it was a ghost town both games...

oh absolutely, we stayed for the second half but left during the 4th quarter I think. I remember how cold it was. I’ve been to several games since then when my schedule has allowed... but wasn’t going to make the investment of season tickets

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
oh absolutely, we stayed for the second half but left during the 4th quarter I think. I remember how cold it was. I’ve been to several games since then when my schedule has allowed... but wasn’t going to make the investment of season tickets
Understand. Those two games stand out, moreso with the FIU game because the stands were deserted in the 1st quarter and not the 4th. Here's to a new start 🙂👍

I remember sitting there in 2016 at the last game as WKU hung 60 on us, and promising my fiancé we weren’t getting season tickets again until something changes. I’m sure I’m not the only one.
Holliday lost the fans that year, and four years later, it cost him his job. He wasn't popular with the fans, not enough to let him keep it.

I hope he can bring in a big bull of a running back
giphy.gif

I'm sure he's gone within 3 years, on to a P5 school. It's still exciting and uplifting.

Hoping he can bring in a couple big recruits. I know he won't poach any from Alabama, but a couple more highly regarded guys would be huge.
Just build in a hefty buy out.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Exactly Twolf! I’m thinking $7.5 million.....isn’t that what we have to pay to get out of this shit/hole of a conference??

Here is what Saban had to say about Coach Huff yesterday...

"We couldn't be any happier for Charles and his family. He has done an excellent job for us, and we are pleased and happy to see him get the well-deserved opportunity to run his program. We always want our coaches to grow and advance in the profession and Charles has worked very hard to earn this opportunity. We truly appreciate all that he has done to contribute to the success we've had at Alabama and wish him the best at Marshall."

The Committee seemed to be split on who to hire. The decision was not unanimous and Gilbert made the decision. This is what I have been reading on this board.

I don't know how anyone could look at the list of candidates, their resumes, and not regard hiring Huff as the best option... Makes me think there may have been some personal agendas on the committee. If that is the case, good for Gilbert for stepping up and making a leadership decision.

ADVERTISEMENT