ADVERTISEMENT

It's Official: Gasperilla Bowl vs USF

Keep the geriatrics on the board happy!

Tough match up, it's winnable. ESPN prime time; although, crappy day.

Should be win or get packing for Doc.

I've got nothing against strip clubs as long as they are isolated and outside or nearly outside the city limits like Jefferson is to Charleston, but at least get some more attractive women. You'd think in Tampa, Florida they could find enough attractive females to be able to do better than this. They should fire this strip club manager.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/joe-redner-tampas-strip-club-king

Buying a Marshall shirt ASAP. Live in st Pete and will go to this to cheer hard for the Herd

Beat that USF ass!

Still not a fan of UCF but I hate the fact this farce of a system has kept you out of a shot at the title. I hope y’all beat LSU than fly national title banners all across the country just to troll the shit out the P5 folks and the Herbstreits of the world.

Last edited:
Still not a fan of UCF but I hate the fact this farce of a system has kept you out of a shot at the title. I hope y’all beat LSU than fly national title banners all across the country just to troll the shit out the P5 folks age the Herbstreits of the world.

Oh we will. I just booked my trip to PHX. Bullshit they send a Florida fanbase across country!

Wow USF fans living in fantasy land, what did they expect at 7-5 and what's makes them think we are an automatic win, even Tulane beat their ass

I turned your game off yesterday when you were down 31-10 in the early 2nd qtr and said too bad they lost their QB. Guess my sympathy was premature...

3 fumbles in our own territory plus our D getting lost on wildcat runs was a big issue early. Then our QB settled and went on to throw for 350 yards and ran for 70 yards. Led us to 680 yards of offense.

Defense figured things out and held Memphis to 3 points in 2nd half!

As for USF- run the ball. UCF had like 370 yard rushing vs USF.

USF board:
https://www.thebullspen.com/topic/133915-bowl-game/?page=34

have already started the why are we wasting our time playing them for. Maybe Doc will suck it up and beat their arrogant a$$.
Like he did VT after they scheduled us knowing it was sure win? We have terrible chemistry/coaching both sides of the ball this year. This is a home game for USF {USF42 Marshall 16} (we miss an extra point) I’m over Doc and ready for a losing season next year hopefully new HC talk finally starts.. we need someone up and coming and can motivate his team , Docs destroying this program no emotion on the field or effort we have tones of talent but wasted potential IMO.. I love Marshall and understand everyone has down years..yes 8-4 in a weak conference is a bad year, Marshall shouldn’t settle for mediocre and this is what we’ve turned into.

Their record is a bit deceiving. Apparently they lost their QB for the last several games but he may be back for the bowl.

If not, it’s going to be a 13-10 type game because their offense has suffered withou the QB and we all know how sluggish our offense is.

Charlie Strong vs Doc.

Battle of epic proportions. This is like Knute Rockne vs Bear Bryant. High level. What a chess match.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
That thread is obnoxious but is no different than what would be talked about here on HN if we were playing Eastern Michigan or UL Monroe.
I don't disagree 100 % but we do have prestige where as an EMU has none no matter of conference affiliation. They are just living in the past when the American was the Big East.

I don't disagree 100 % but we do have prestige where as an EMU has none no matter of conference affiliation. They are just living in the past when the American was the Big East.
Sure. But my point was that USF fans are thumbing their noses at us because we play in CUSA. They perceive the AAC to be better than CUSA (they're right) and we perceive Marshall and CUSA to be better than the Sun Belt and MAC (highly debatable).

Sure. But my point was that USF fans are thumbing their noses at us because we play in CUSA. They perceive the AAC to be better than CUSA (they're right) and we perceive Marshall and CUSA to be better than the Sun Belt and MAC (highly debatable).
Right, money talks, don't disagree. Throw out conference affiliation and what do you have though? Two programs that have a certain level of prestige. We used to thumb our nose at the MAC too, but we know we can't do that with some of the programs there, reality is what it is, doesnt matter what G5 conference a team is in today. Would we be thumbing our nose at App. St. or Troy or Ark St. ? Years ago maybe, today nope. An EMU or ULM, sure, but its not because of their conference....

Right, money talks, don't disagree. Throw out conference affiliation and what do you have though? Two programs that have a certain level of prestige. We used to thumb our nose at the MAC too, but we know we can't do that with some of the programs there, reality is what it is, doesnt matter what G5 conference a team is in today. Would we be thumbing our nose at App. St. or Troy or Ark St. ? Years ago maybe, today nope. An EMU or ULM, sure, but its not because of their conference....
The AAC is a different beast. They don't consider themselves a G5 and do in fact look down on every other G5 conference. They wanted a power conference school as an opponent.

And some of or fans would laugh at playing Troy or App State, yes. They still slam us for playing an 11-2 MAC champ in 2014.

IMHO,

- Tampa. Nice place. AS PREDICTED, we go to a Florida bowl. We deliver more fans to Florida than more western CUSA teams,

- Some of you who worship THE AMERICAN!!!!!!!, well here it is.

- Playing on a team's home field is unfortunate. Going to a bowl on your home field is likewise.

- If you go to the website, the upper deck is not even attempting to be sold. That says a lot.

- I'm old enough to remember when we did not have a team, and the hapless teams of the 70s. I remember the rat hole stadium the state forced us to play in. I remember when the team buying 20 new uniform tops was a major purchase and a huge accomplishment for the AD, getting a full page of praise from Ernie. I remember when our "rivals" were things like VMI, Tennessee-Chatanooga, and Furman. If this era of MU football is not good enough for you, you need to move on to something else. WVU will take you. Wal-Mart is always open.

- Moving this thing out of the baseball park to a proper football stadium was smart.

- USF's band calls itself "the Herd of Thunder". Weird.

- USF's record is hard to figure. It is not like they padded and then started playing real teams.

Go Herd.

The AAC is a different beast. They don't consider themselves a G5 and do in fact look down on every other G5 conference. They wanted a power conference school as an opponent.
And some of or fans would laugh at playing Troy or App State, yes. They still slam us for playing an 11-2 MAC champ in 2014.
The upper portion of that league would have a valid gripe with some teeth to it if they had to play in tampa against a run of the mill CUSA team. BUT USF is not in that upper portion this year, 3-5 conference record. IMO they have no standing to gripe. When ECU gives you a game, and Tulane thumps you, its best to take your gift and be happy about it. NCST just beat ECU 58-3 last weekend...

IMHO,

- Tampa. Nice place. AS PREDICTED, we go to a Florida bowl. We deliver more fans to Florida than more western CUSA teams,

- Some of you who worship THE AMERICAN!!!!!!!, well here it is.

- Playing on a team's home field is unfortunate. Going to a bowl on your home field is likewise.

- If you go to the website, the upper deck is not even attempting to be sold. That says a lot.

- I'm old enough to remember when we did not have a team, and the hapless teams of the 70s. I remember the rat hole stadium the state forced us to play in. I remember when the team buying 20 new uniform tops was a major purchase and a huge accomplishment for the AD, getting a full page of praise from Ernie. I remember when our "rivals" were things like VMI, Tennessee-Chatanooga, and Furman. If this era of MU football is not good enough for you, you need to move on to something else. WVU will take you. Wal-Mart is always open.

- Moving this thing out of the baseball park to a proper football stadium was smart.

- USF's band calls itself "the Herd of Thunder". Weird.

- USF's record is hard to figure. It is not like they padded and then started playing real teams.

Go Herd.

This bowl at Tropicana Field was an awful set up

Thought I went over that before.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Marshall_Thundering_Herd_bowl_games
Check attendence for the last 10 years.

- If you go to the website, the upper deck is not even attempting to be sold. That says a lot

Thats why you are hesitant going. Very little interest.

- I'm old enough to remember

That's why you go to Florida. Keeps the Geriatrics happy.Warm weather, Retirement Homes, Golf, Polka bars serving Ensure and Geritol, and Shuffleboard

(Hope I didnt miss a sterotype).

"- USF's band calls itself "the Herd of Thunder". Weird. "

Why not USC calls their band "The Thundering Herd".

The real interesting part of the Bowl Selection, is it took a lot by surprise. Apparently, ACC was supposed to go and ESPN stepped in and put us there. I'm assuming it was Dallas, and they didn't want us to go. So they put us on Thurs night.

Thought I went over that before.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Marshall_Thundering_Herd_bowl_games

That's why you go to Florida. Keeps the Geriatrics happy.Warm weather, Retirement Homes, Golf, Polka bars serving Ensure and Geritol, and Shuffleboard

You must have a bad link there. It links to a wikipedia article about different bowl games MU has played in. It is OT if you are trying to "go over again" how MU is not able to deliver far more fans, A) because we simply have more fans; B) because, due to the horrid WV economy, have more moved away after college fans; and C) are simply closer, than, as stated "more western CUSA teams". The idea that MU is not going to deliver a better crowd to either CUSA Florida bowl than, say, UNT or UTEP or Rice, is just not worth arguing.

Again, if MU sports do not work for you, WVU (which is, umm, going to a Florida bowl, because of most of the same reasons) will take you. Wal-Mart is always open.

ADVERTISEMENT