ADVERTISEMENT

I've learned to hate Boise St.

TwolfHerdfan

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2007
Watching them play New Mexico. What a bunch of cheap shot artists.

They aren't nearly as good as some of their past teams.

Their stadium isn't close to full either. Shocking.

1. Its New Mexico

2. They(And many MW teams) are cheap shot artist. I watched it all season last year going to San Diego State games. San Jose State is the worst.

3. Boise is a transplant city filled with hipsters and Earth people from Northern California, Methheads Mormons from Utah and Montana, and Mexicans. None of them give a shit about football.

3. Boise is a transplant city filled with hipsters and Earth people from Northern California, Methheads Mormons from Utah and Montana, and Mexicans. None of them give a shit about football.

That made me laugh. Kind of reminds me of Ashville.. a bunch of liberal hotheads. Went there once for a game.. never again

Reactions: Herd Fever
The thought control system at ESPN has wanted the "little program that could" story to remain in Boise forever. They even have a seperate TV deal apart from the MWC. It does not work that way. For a lot of reasons it moves around the country. We had it for a time (unfortunatly for us before the current bowl and playoff system meaning we went to frozen Detroit in a meaningless game) others before us and now Boise's time has passed. Western Michigan looks like the team right now, but it will move again and again.

Boise's program, according to Sports Illistrated a few years ago, is a corporate creation. The firms around the town had trouble attracting people to move there because there was "nothing to do". They cranked $$ into BSU sports, the opera, playhouse, outdoor stuff, minor league baseball, so on. The economy has shifted and those $$ are getting smaller.

Could not care less about them.

Reactions: pdbailey
The thought control system at ESPN has wanted the "little program that could" story to remain in Boise forever. They even have a seperate TV deal apart from the MWC. It does not work that way. For a lot of reasons it moves around the country. We had it for a time (unfortunatly for us before the current bowl and playoff system meaning we went to frozen Detroit in a meaningless game) others before us and now Boise's time has passed. Western Michigan looks like the team right now, but it will move again and again.

Boise's program, according to Sports Illistrated a few years ago, is a corporate creation. The firms around the town had trouble attracting people to move there because there was "nothing to do". They cranked $$ into BSU sports, the opera, playhouse, outdoor stuff, minor league baseball, so on. The economy has shifted and those $$ are getting smaller.

Whether you are right or wrong, they had MANY years of success, including BCS wins. We are always blaming someone else. Perhaps having a couple undefeated seasons would change that. And no, undefeated in 1996 is not the same, so lets leave that where it is. Going 11-0 and winning a big bowl gets national attention. Doing it again within a small period of times makes us a household name. THAT is when things change. Boise might be lame, and beleive me I agree, but they win. And winning does matter. Hanging on to our past is a nice argument that NO ONE will ever care about.

I give them major props for their BCS wins and history - wish we had the BCS wins. But they seemed to have lost a step and just play dirty. Lots of late hits, targeting,etc. It is football, but some of their stunts borders on thuggary.

I give them major props for their BCS wins and history - wish we had the BCS wins. But they seemed to have lost a step and just play dirty. Lots of late hits, targeting,etc. It is football, but some of their stunts borders on thuggary.

No question they have lost their luster.

Let's not act like the fellas playing for Marshall are little saints.

They're not, it is football. But as the announcers said last night, there is a difference in being aggressive and taking cheap shots to injure a kid.

herdalicious posted "No program of Boise's size could pull off what Boise did for as long as they did it without having a pretty solid cheat game going on in their AD." So licious are you saying the same about Marshall in the 90s when we were the winningest team?

herdalicious posted "No program of Boise's size could pull off what Boise did for as long as they did it without having a pretty solid cheat game going on in their AD." So licious are you saying the same about Marshall in the 90s when we were the winningest team?
Did we get put on probabtion?

Reactions: putnam green

SamC, if you're talking about the little program that could, meaning a G5 program, I believe that currently the South Florida Bulls are the "anointed ones". WMU had their shot last season.

SamC, if you're talking about the little program that could, meaning a G5 program, I believe that currently the South Florida Bulls are the "anointed ones". WMU had their shot last season.

You are probably right. Combination of things. ESPN's fairhaired boy (Boise) has let them down (and eventually the NCAA man is going to haul everybody away), they have been up Strong's a** from day one; and THE AMERICAN!!!!!!!!!!!! is an ESPN property.

I have less problem with that than the 10 year long mind control effort to make it be Boise every year. It moves around. Someday it may move back here.

Reactions: pdbailey

I dont think South Florida can beat San Diego State.

That made me laugh. Kind of reminds me of Ashville.. a bunch of liberal hotheads. Went there once for a game.. never again
A nephew of mine lives there with is wife and 2 young children. He is a Civil Engineer and she is a teacher and both are from New Jersey. Neither is what I would call a liberal hot head and they both love living there. Just giving a different point of view!

A nephew of mine lives there with is wife and 2 young children. He is a Civil Engineer and she is a teacher and both are from New Jersey. Neither is what I would call a liberal hot head and they both love living there. Just giving a different point of view!

Every community has all walks of life. But Asheville is very heavy with militant liberals and progressive immoralists. That's not a false statement.

I dont think South Florida can beat San Diego State.

Fever, don't believe that they play in the regular season. South FL is a head in the polls currently. Looking ahead, the Bulls have most of their tougher games at home: Illinois, Temple, Cincy, Houston and Tulsa. End the season at UCF. San Diego State is at Air Force this week, but has most of its good opponents at home also: NIU, Boise, Fresno St. and Nevada. They do have a long trip to Hawaii, however.

Agree with SamC. ESPN will push the AAC champion, probably USF, before they will the West Coast team. Too bad the skewed Bowl set up is the way it is. Would be nice if one of those "money" bowls would pair up 2 Group of 5 teams: this year it could be two undefeated teams- -USF and San Diego St., an attractive match IMO

Reactions: Herd Fever
You bunch of jealous crybabies. Boise St is who we wanted to be.Well we fell way short and nowvyou guys hate them.By the way they are on national tv far more than us.

herdfan429 you were not around, I guess, in 1969 or have forgotten. As a result of "cheating" we were kicked out of the MAC.

Better described as people with alternative life styles rather than militants or progressive immoralists.
My wife and I have been visiting that area for well over 20 years have only found friendly folks, many of which look different, and an accepting community. They have great restaurants, shopping, grocery stores and a creative arts environment. We have not seen anyone behaving in a militant way or immorally. The city has a party like feel most evenings.
Not sure what happened when you were there, but our numerous visits have been very pleasant. Our relatives love living there.

Reactions: Jeepers Creepers
Better described as people with alternative life styles rather than militants or progressive immoralists.
My wife and I have been visiting that area for well over 20 years have only found friendly folks, many of which look different, and an accepting community. They have great restaurants, shopping, grocery stores and a creative arts environment. We have not seen anyone behaving in a militant way or immorally. The city has a party like feel most evenings.
Not sure what happened when you were there, but our numerous visits have been very pleasant. Our relatives love living there.

K

I have family in Boise. i found it to be a very clean city and people no different than us. The only thing I personally do not like is that horrid blue turf. People tell me they have problems with geese landing on that field thinking it's water.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT