ADVERTISEMENT

Jaleel McLaughlin

It says he ran for over 300 yards against Shepherd. That would have been a fun game to watch, because Shepherd has a really good QB from the panhandle. I’m not sure if Doc ever recruited the kid.
Hahaha...yeah, he did that while still being 17. He’s honestly a great young man. Rifle, his Twitter is @speedkills2k_ if you know of anyone looking for a RB.

WKU has like 3 guys that just started following him. Liberty, most of the MAC, and others. Kids made a name for himself.

You were telling me about him last year. . A buddy of mine's son plays up there. Jaleel is the real deal. He could add some solid skills to the RB room.
He truly is. Great young man too. Very humble, he’s religious, stays out of trouble. Extremely motivated and focused.

Reactions: Aaron Coleman
Hahaha...yeah, he did that while still being 17. He’s honestly a great young man. Rifle, his Twitter is @speedkills2k_ if you know of anyone looking for a RB.
The Shepherd QB is also only 20. These kids that are young bloom late

That is young. That means his ceiling is still higher than many others in his class as his body continues to mature, which means he could continue to improve. I'm guessing Doc has been working the back channels to get him to Huntington as a grad transfer.

Anyone on here who knows the kids/coaches from the panhandle know if Marshall is putting feelers out there for the Shepherd kid as a grad transfer to prevent him from leaving early as a possible first-rounder?

• Love
Reactions: Chris McLaughlin
You were telling me about him last year. . A buddy of mine's son plays up there. Jaleel is the real deal. He could add some solid skills to the RB room.
Rutgers is showing a lot of interest now. He seemed pretty excited after talking with them. I’m excited for the young man. He’s had every obstacle in the world put in his path and he’s avoided them all. To go from homeless to potentially playing P5 football is a hell of a story. The thing about him is that he was an ANGRY youth. Played all sports pissed off. Now he’s totally at peace and incredibly relaxed and motivated. As for the Bagent kid, he should erase any doubts and go into the transfer portal if he wants to gauge the interest in him...and can stay put if he so chooses.

That is young. That means his ceiling is still higher than many others in his class as his body continues to mature, which means he could continue to improve. I'm guessing Doc has been working the back channels to get him to Huntington as a grad transfer.

Anyone on here who knows the kids/coaches from the panhandle know if Marshall is putting feelers out there for the Shepherd kid as a grad transfer to prevent him from leaving early as a possible first-rounder?
Don't need him. We're set for the next three years with Wells.

Rutgers is showing a lot of interest now. He seemed pretty excited after talking with them. I’m excited for the young man. He’s had every obstacle in the world put in his path and he’s avoided them all. To go from homeless to potentially playing P5 football is a hell of a story. The thing about him is that he was an ANGRY youth. Played all sports pissed off. Now he’s totally at peace and incredibly relaxed and motivated. As for the Bagent kid, he should erase any doubts and go into the transfer portal if he wants to gauge the interest in him...and can stay put if he so chooses.
Great story

What he is proving is the better D2 kids can play D1( and upper levels at that).

Last edited:
Was really hoping that he would end up in Huntington...could redshirt in Knox’s Sr. year with 2 seasons to play. Sure hope he does great where ever he lands.

Was really hoping that he would end up in Huntington...could redshirt in Knox’s Sr. year with 2 seasons to play. Sure hope he does great where ever he lands.

You don’t find speed like his everyday. He’s not big, but can take a hit and doesn’t go down easily either.

Any updates? Excited for this kid
He wants to go P5, he’s heard from Duke, Wake, Rutgers, coaches from all over following him(Texas Tech, Washington State, etc). . Several G5’s interested and have talked to him, but he seems to favor Rutgers at the moment. He has several options. I just chat with him and his mom. It’s his decision and I told him I know he will choose wisely.

So why all the discussion on a Marshall board about a player with little interest, apparently, in the HERD and, for some strange reason, desires to labor in obscurity at a perennial Big 10 bottom feeder? Wish him luck; end of discussion!

So why all the discussion on a Marshall board about a player with little interest, apparently, in the HERD and, for some strange reason, desires to labor in obscurity at a perennial Big 10 bottom feeder? Wish him luck; end of discussion!
When can we expect for you to give us the next thing we are allowed to talk about?

Reactions: cottrell75

I’ve actually enjoyed getting updates on Jaleel. Cottrell has posted about him for years - and he turned out to be a pretty good player.

I’ve actually enjoyed getting updates on Jaleel. Cottrell has posted about him for years - and he turned out to be a pretty good player.
I agree, I’m hoping the best for him and a ton of D2 kids make it in the NFL. Some think because you play at that level your not D1 talent but that is not true. Kids get messed for different reasons.

ADVERTISEMENT