ADVERTISEMENT

James Comey: What I Want From the Mueller Report

dherd

Platinum Buffalo
Feb 23, 2007
By James Comey
I am rooting for a demonstration to the world — and maybe most of all to our president and his enablers — that the United States has a justice system that works because there are people who believe in it and rise above personal interest and tribalism. That system may reach conclusions they like or it may not, but the apolitical administration of justice is the beating heart of this country. I hope we all get to see that.

The interests of justice will also be best served by maximum transparency about the special counsel’s work. I don’t know all the considerations that will go into deciding precisely what to say about the completion of that work and when to say it. But because the Department of Justice is guided first and always by the public interest, it should provide details about finished investigations when the public needs to know them, as it traditionally has.

I do have one hope that I should confess. I hope that Mr. Trump is not impeached and removed from office before the end of his term. I don’t mean that Congress shouldn’t move ahead with the process of impeachment governed by our Constitution, if Congress thinks the provable facts are there. I just hope it doesn’t. Because if Mr. Trump were removed from office by Congress, a significant portion of this country would see this as a coup, and it would drive those people farther from the common center of American life, more deeply fracturing our country.

Critics of Mr. Trump should hope for something much harder to distort, or to nurse as a grievance, than an impeachment. We need a resounding election result in 2020, where Americans of all stripes, divided as they may be about important policy issues — immigration, guns, abortion, climate change, regulation, taxes — take a moment from their busy lives to show that they are united by something even more important: the belief that the president of the United States cannot be a chronic liar who repeatedly attacks the rule of law. Then we can get back to policy disagreements.

I just hope we are up to it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/21/...l?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage

Last edited:
The more he opens his mouth the more he just reveals his true colors.

“We have had a great relationship with him over the last several weeks. He’s extremely competent. But, look, his term extends for some time yet. There’s no plans at the moment in changing that term. And we’ve enjoyed our relationship with him and find him to be extraordinarily competent.”

OUTRAGEOUS TO "CONSERVATIVES"
1. FAIR ADMINISTRATION OF JUSTICE ROOTED IN A COMPLETE AND UNBIASED INVESTIGATION

2. TO DEMONSTRATE TO THE WORLD THAT THE U.S. JUSTICE SYSTEM WORKS

3. TRANSPARENCY OF THE MUELLERS FINDINGS.

4.THE PRESIDENT OF THE U.S. CANNOT BE A CHRONIC LIAR WHO REPEATEDLY ATTACKS THE JUSTICE SYSTEM.

HOW FAR DOWN INTO THE SEWER THE REPUBLICAN PARTY HAS SUNK. THEY ARE MORE RUSSIAN/FASCIST THAN AMERICAN.

The rule of law depends upon fair administration of justice, which is rooted in complete and unbiased investigation. We are best served when an investigation finds all relevant facts and illuminates the fullest possible view of the truth.

I am rooting for a demonstration to the world — and maybe most of all to our president and his enablers — that the United States has a justice system that works because there are people who believe in it and rise above personal interest and tribalism. That system may reach conclusions they like or it may not, but the apolitical administration of justice is the beating heart of this country. I hope we all get to see that.

The interests of justice will also be best served by maximum transparency about the special counsel’s work.

the president of the United States cannot be a chronic liar who repeatedly attacks the rule of law.

OUTRAGEOUS TO "CONSERVATIVES"
1. FAIR ADMINISTRATION OF JUSTICE ROOTED IN A COMPLETE AND UNBIASED INVESTIGATION

2. TO DEMONSTRATE TO THE WORLD THAT THE U.S. JUSTICE SYSTEM WORKS

3. TRANSPARENCY OF THE MUELLERS FINDINGS.

4.THE PRESIDENT OF THE U.S. CANNOT BE A CHRONIC LIAR WHO REPEATEDLY ATTACKS THE JUSTICE SYSTEM.

HOW FAR DOWN INTO THE SEWER THE REPUBLICAN PARTY HAS SUNK. THEY ARE MORE RUSSIAN/FASCIST THAN AMERICAN.

The rule of law depends upon fair administration of justice, which is rooted in complete and unbiased investigation. We are best served when an investigation finds all relevant facts and illuminates the fullest possible view of the truth.

The interests of justice will also be best served by maximum transparency about the special counsel’s work.

the president of the United States cannot be a chronic liar who repeatedly attacks the rule of law.
You’ve got him now!

at the risk of sounding like Nissan Maxima and counting likes, I just have to point out the Libiot Trifecta!!! The three biggest libtards in one post, extra quoting and dtard and Cuntry liking it.

at the risk of sounding like Nissan Maxima and counting likes, I just have to point out the Libiot Trifecta!!! The three biggest libtards in one post, extra quoting and dtard and Cuntry liking it.

There's nothing as downright stupid as liking a post that's been posted over 60 times that uses the same 4 and only 4 words in every single post. And yet you moronic trumpkins have managed to do it over 80 times.

There's nothing as downright stupid as liking a post that's been posted over 60 times that uses the same 4 and only 4 words in every single post. And yet you moronic trumpkins have managed to do it over 80 times.
Sounds like it's hitting a nerve. Perhaps you should change the topic, and revert back to what you do best, which is spreading lies, and false innuendos.

Reactions: 19MU88

what kind of an idiot with too much time on his hands counts the likes? you and Yags?

Sounds like it's hitting a nerve. Perhaps you should change the topic, and revert back to what you do best, which is spreading lies, and false innuendos.

It's neither innuendo or lying when I plainly state that you're an idiot and liar.

what kind of an idiot with too much time on his hands counts the likes? you and Yags?

That's the thing....it doesn't require an idiot. It just requires an ability, something you need to look for. Good luck with that....

Kind of like you posting a new thread EVERY day counting the days since trumps election fraud investigation?

Reactions: 19MU88
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT