ADVERTISEMENT

James Madison coach

Should be fired!! I mean they should overreact about losing to a Marshall team that hadn't been playing well. How could they lose to a team like that? Fire him Fire him Fire him!!

Oh wait... they don't whine like we do about a new coaching staff playing in a new conference

yep. We should have the same program expectations as James Madison. You nailed it.

Should be fired!! I mean they should overreact about losing to a Marshall team that hadn't been playing well. How could they lose to a team like that? Fire him Fire him Fire him!!

Oh wait... they don't whine like we do about a new coaching staff playing in a new conference
I think they struggled cause their coach didn’t have his game face on on the sidelines 😂😂😂😂 (that seems to be one that likes to be used)

Perkins is playing with a new account 🤣

No way we have another poster this delusional.

Odd. I spent time reading their message board yesterday and saw plenty of that. As a matter of fact, you had personal attacks on the staff, the freshman QB, a thread calling out people for attacking the freshman QB personally on his social media accounts, etc. Kind of made me laugh because it looked exactly like Marshall boards after a loss.

Just read the last 5 pages of the game thread.

Reactions: ThunderDrunk304

They lost one game without their starting QB. I'm sure they weren't overreacting. Plus they moved up so they're playing with house money. We've been watching Huff choke game after game.

I'm curious with you super fans. How long do we have to underachieve or suck for you to admit that things aren't all puppies, rainbows, and cotton candy.

Is that a number we have reached this season?... Nope

Norfolk State -- 24,607
Gardner Webb -- 19,845 (there weren't half that actually at the game)
Louisiana -- 19,905
We play an FBS team on a Saturday at home for the first time all year this week.

I don't know if we will crack 25,000 even on Homecoming, but it's an apples to oranges comparison, even if you simply disregard the results.

It has rained at two of the three home games, too. One had a lightning delay.

The schedule layout and weather haven't cooperated.

And yes, I was at all three to the final whistle.

We play an FBS team on a Saturday at home for the first time all year this week.

I don't know if we will crack 25,000 even on Homecoming, but it's an apples to oranges comparison, even if you simply disregard the results.

It has rained at two of the three home games, too. One had a lightning delay.

The schedule layout and weather haven't cooperated.

And yes, I was at all three to the final whistle.
The super fans will tell you to stop making excuses... The reason we can't get 26,000 in our stadium is because we have shitty fans. It shouldn't matter if we are playing a garbage FCS team, or if its 45 and raining, or on a Wednesday night!

James Madison is a dorm/apartment based school, mostly aimed at DC suburban kids, of about 21K. It reserves about 40% of its stadium for students, so a “sell out” is about 15K or so sold to the public. It is located in a, while beautiful, region that is not at the center of things to do.

MU is a commuter based school, second after commuters being students at “suitcase U” be-bopping into town on Monday and back for dinner with Mommy on Friday (I even know kids that did an all Tue and Thu class schedule). Our stadium is much larger, our student population is much smaller, far less seats are held for students, and, there is, by the standards of anyplace within two hours of here, a whole lot else to do.

Apples to oranges.

Anyway, if the point is that delusional fans criticized the JMU coach, or any other coach who loses, then OK. The difference between delusional criticism, and honest questioning of a coaching staff is the difference between delusional fans, and reasonable fans. It is perfectly reasonable to question this coaching staff.

They lost one game without their starting QB. I'm sure they weren't overreacting. Plus they moved up so they're playing with house money. We've been watching Huff choke game after game.

I'm curious with you super fans. How long do we have to underachieve or suck for you to admit that things aren't all puppies, rainbows, and cotton candy.
Just so I'm clear- is your answer to fire Huff in year one of the SBC? Who exactly do you think we are going to get in place? Another coordinator from a major team. And what will happen then? All of these random recruits who are dying to come to Huntington WV instead of Southern Alabama or Florida where they are from. Oh and the grandest schemes of all time that no other team will be ready for.

You're right!! Can't wait!

• Haha
Reactions: HerdGrad1999
Just so I'm clear- is your answer to fire Huff in year one of the SBC? Who exactly do you think we are going to get in place? Another coordinator from a major team. And what will happen then? All of these random recruits who are dying to come to Huntington WV instead of Southern Alabama or Florida where they are from. Oh and the grandest schemes of all time that no other team will be ready for.

You're right!! Can't wait!
Ummm. This is Huff's 2nd year as our coach. We didn't move into the freaking SEC.

I misspoke about you being a superfan. Clearly you are not seeing how you don't think we can get good recruits and should keep Huff because we can't get anyone better.

I haven’t said anything about firing Huff because it’s unrealistic and not happening anytime soon. Glad we got the W but it doesn’t change the fact that Huff is underperforming

Has the Joan had 26,000 in attendance this year?
I believe we did the last home game.

Here's what some don't seem to understand. JMU is in their first year of D1, first year in the Belt. They have had success at the FCS level and the excitement from that has been ramped up by their new status and the early success they had. So naturally, their fans are gonna want to be a part of this first season in the "big boy division". Much like App, once they take a loss or two, I doubt they'll have capacity crowds.

It reminds me of people saying ODU always sells out. Well, if you actually count butts in seats, that's not true. But then again, they only have a 21K seat stadium - easy to do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT