ADVERTISEMENT

Just Curious

caliherd

Gold Buffalo
Gold Member
Feb 7, 2007
Dublin, Oh
Im not wanting to argue the merits of the transgendered ban but these are the things that I just don't get about Trump. Why did he think this was an important thing to take on? I don't remember during the campaign or after he became President ANYBODY saying man I wish the President would do something about this transgendered people in the military thing it's really important. Nobody said it!!!

Why as you are trying to get healthcare reform, tax reform, regulatory reform and deal with the Russian mess would you take on this can of worms for absolutely zero reasons. Nobody was clamoring for it you just unleashed a crap storm for no reason. So now Republicans will have to waste time explaining why you did this instead of getting on tax and regulatory reform which people do care about.

Agreed. Meat for the base. Then again they will shoot down any issue he tries to tackle. Its either the Dems way on they disrupt anything the gov does.

"So now Republicans will have to waste time explaining why you did this instead of getting on tax and regulatory reform which people do care about."

It's my understanding that the healthcare reform has to take place before tax reform can be done. It has to do with the republicans using reconciliation, and there are restrictions when that is used. I don't understand the process, I'm just aware that it changes the procedure.

Yeah I've seen that extra but I'll admit I don't know what one has to do with the other. Im not sure why they cant move on taxes no matter what happens with Obamacare.

Random I hear what you are saying but I know some hard core Trump guys even some on this board and Transgendered people in the military I've never heard mentioned.

Yeah I've seen that extra but I'll admit I don't know what one has to do with the other. Im not sure why they cant move on taxes no matter what happens with Obamacare.

It's my understanding that when using reconciliation, the process must reduce debt in the long term. GOP knows that the tax breaks will not do that long term, so they want to make up for the debt caused by reducing debt on the healthcare bill. You can only use reconciliation for *revenue, expenses, and raising the debt ceiling ( if I remember correctly), and only once per year per *item.

A one trillion dollar tax overhaul required healthcare to be done first. Since that's not happeneing tax bill will be smaller in scope IF they do one at all

The military should be about breaking shit and killing people not providing sex change operations

The military should be about breaking shit and killing people not providing sex change operations

It ain't about the money with you. If it was you'd be complaining about the 84 million dollars the military spends on ED treatment. Furthermore I was under the impression that transgenders we're top notch fighting machines since you cons we're afraid to be alone in a bathroom with them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT