ADVERTISEMENT

Just Finished Watching CFP Championship

jocktalker

Silver Buffalo
Apr 5, 2007
Anybody who thinks that UCF or any other G5 program has that kind of talent is delusional. Except for Bama's kicker, 5 star talent two-deep on both sides.

Great comeback by Bama. Nick Saban's legend and Alabama's dynasty continues to grow.

How can you know if you don't play the game.........Not sure anyone would argue that Bama or GA isn't deeper than any G5 and almost any P5, but.........UCF did play Auburn, which arguably has similar talent, straight up, man to man, no gimmicks, no trick plays, and beat them..........and it was a 2 touchdown lead in the 4th. I don't disagree with you, but I also don't agree with you..........because they didn't play the game.

Disagree. Wth just because you hate ucf doesn't mean they couldn't beat bama. Yes they could beat bama. Could they survive an sec schedule, make it to playoff and beat bama...no I doubt it

How do you know Toes?? Just because they are called Clemson, Alabama etc etc??? Unless you play the game, no one can answer 100% about that. I hate UCF, I am sure most herd fans do, but I saw them play Auburn and I can't say what you are saying. Are they 85 scholarships the same, player for player? No, no one is suggesting that either, but they obviously can play with anyone in their 2 deep....

ucf is not even close to the P5...if they were, Frost would never have left the stability of ucf for the maelstrom that is Nebraska football.

But hopefully this is it for them and they go 0-12 again...
Florida's governor awarded them a "National Championship" which is in the same theme as O'Leary lying on his resume.

It may also be the final nail in the G5 coffin. ucf is still a fly in the P5 ointment, but this self declared national champs talk, is annoying and P5 could just declare complete autonomy and bury the G5 because of this.
In essence, the opposite effect desired.

Look, right, wrong or indifferent, the playoff needs to expand to eight teams: Five spots for the P-5 conference champs; one for the best G--5; and two wild cards for the best teams left out at either level. That's the only way it will ever be fair.

Look, right, wrong or indifferent, the playoff needs to expand to eight teams: Five spots for the P-5 conference champs; one for the best G--5; and two wild cards for the best teams left out at either level. That's the only way it will ever be fair.

By the time that happens, there may not be a G5 left...

I can see Hensley scenario playing out and yes there will be a G5 around when it happens. How many state flagship schools are still apart of the G5? Wyoming, Nevada, New Mexico to name a few, you think politics would allow those to disappear at the top level? It was politics that allowed us access to the BCS to begin with, and politics that give us the "thanks for playing" bowl. Some schools that barely compete will eventually drown, but most of the rest will exist.

ucf is not even close to the P5...if they were, Frost would never have left the stability of ucf for the maelstrom that is Nebraska football.

But hopefully this is it for them and they go 0-12 again...
Florida's governor awarded them a "National Championship" which is in the same theme as O'Leary lying on his resume.

It may also be the final nail in the G5 coffin. ucf is still a fly in the P5 ointment, but this self declared national champs talk, is annoying and P5 could just declare complete autonomy and bury the G5 because of this.
In essence, the opposite effect desired.
What color kool aid you drinking. Gee whiz hush

Other than Scott Frost being born & raised in Nebraska, as well as Scott Frost being a former athlete at the University of Nebraska, I see no other reason for him to want to be the head football coach at Nebraska. Posts like these are why you're a moron.

Other than Scott Frost being born & raised in Nebraska, as well as Scott Frost being a former athlete at the University of Nebraska, I see no other reason for him to want to be the head football coach at Nebraska.

This. I'd say that's a pretty good reason to take that job.

I too see the playoffs expanding
to more teams once the 4-team contract expires in a few years. I was in the West Coast (LA) area for most of December, therefore, I watched a lot of the earlier Bowl Games because of the favorable three-hour stating times. The attendance was sad in most of games. The National 4-team Playoffs impacted the interest in the lesser Bowls. I bet a lot of money is lost because of limited ticket sales...and Marshall's payout was near the bottom of the heap. Fortunately, MU collected money from the ESPN payout from the other teams from CUSA that qualified for a Bowl game. Not sure what the $$$ final tally was for Marshall's appearance? I HERD that we had in the range of 400 fans that went to New Mexico

I used to get excited following The HERD to Detroit or Florida with thousands of HERD fans...because it was new for us to qualify to be in a Bowl contest. However, It has become "old hat" to attend now when little is on the line for The HERD. I for one enjoyed "sudden death" playoffs that we enjoyed in our 1-AA days. Each week was exciting waiting for Saturday to return to Huntington & The Joan. Our first National Championship (1992)... the city of Huntington did a great job orchestrating a festive environment in downtown. Not so much for our second title. I admit Detroit 1 was alive and fun when Mississippi was our opponent....watching Randy & Chad battle the Rebels nose-to-nose.

We are a little Fish in a Big Ocean...and I don't see a lot changing. The NFL is suffering with attendance declines (taking a knee did not help matters)....college football attendance continues to decline. It is too easy to sit at home in front of a Big Screen TV.... or visit a sports bar in your city of residence to watch in an economic way with other fans.

Times are changing...

HerdZilla22

Prior to the championship game, the UCF argument was based on having beaten a team that had beaten both teams playing the CFP.

After the game, that logic would then be they beat the team that lost to the team that beat to the team they beat, a team that then lost to the team that lost to the team that they beat.

#UNDISPUTED

Last edited:
What many are forgetting is that if UCF was to face a schedule of SEC caliber of teams on an almost weekly basis, that would surely mean that they do so as a MEMBER of the same conference!! Which, in turn would mean that they would have the SAME SHARE of all the $$$$$ that other SEC teams get EVERY YEAR from the P5-G5 "split" and subsequent media deals, playoff payouts, etc. Which would mean the Knights would have more opportunity for the ability to pay coaches more, build new/upgrade old facilities, provide more enhancements for players, better food/nutrition outlays, hiring more in a never ending procession of football "analysts" and other auxiliary personnel, and generally spend more on all the excess "fat" that has crept/continues to creep into Power Football programs!!

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
What many are forgetting is that if UCF was to face a schedule of SEC caliber of teams on an almost weekly basis, that would surely mean that they do so as a MEMBER of the same conference!! Which, in turn would mean that they would have the SAME SHARE of all the $$$$$ that other SEC teams get EVERY YEAR from the P5-G5 "split" and subsequent media deals, playoff payouts, etc. Which would mean the Knights would have more opportunity for the ability to pay coaches more, build new/upgrade old facilities, provide more enhancements for players, better food/nutrition outlays, hiring more in a never ending procession of football "analysts" and other auxiliary personnel, and generally spend more on all the excess "fat" that has crept/continues to creep into Power Football programs!!
And IF my aunt had testicles, she'd be my uncle.

You missed the point of my post but I understand your argument.

Other than Scott Frost being born & raised in Nebraska, as well as Scott Frost being a former athlete at the University of Nebraska, I see no other reason for him to want to be the head football coach at Nebraska. Posts like these are why you're a moron.

The only reason he left was for money. Nebraska could outbid ucf with relative pocket change.
But hey, let him go back and see if he can make them anything. At least then if they go 12-0 he can legitimately claim being a national champion.

Oh and half his playing career was at Stanford.

Money drew him out and thats fine, just wish he'd be more transparent about it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT