ADVERTISEMENT

KEATON is a joke

Jun 2, 2015
I love how you feel like everything you believe/post is golden but whenever someone disagrees with your thoughts they are wrong. your probably someone that has never played the game before, never evaluated talent in your life, but you know a few people so you think that validates you. everybody knows you love WVU and that is fine but you don't have to bash everything that MU does or belittle everybody they recruit. the last I looked, WVU hasn't won a national title, so they are trying to get better just like MU.

I love how you read rankings (3 star,4 star) and therefore that validates whether a player is good or not. MU is on the rise, whether you want to admit it or not. the next 2 classes that they are bringing in are very good. Dillon, Bennett, George and West all can play.I've seen all of the players with my own 2 eyes play and be very successful vs they 4 star, 5 star players you drool over. those are facts.

I love how you downplay WV kids. ive read your posts on several sites and some of your posts are ridiculous. you state that West is too small. Have you seen staten, knapper, bolden, McCabe. they are all the same height, with 1 big difference, west is a defensive minded PG, unlike any of the others I just named. in the past you've said west had no perimeter skills. that's comical. obviously you've never seen him play. btw, did you see the state tournament. looked like his perimeter skills were fine to me. you say he's a game manager,lol. he's a winner that can score 20 if needed or lock down the opposing team's best player. btw, he is the state POY

you talk about coach D for not recruiting Dunn martin, who is a great player btw. obviously he is comfortable with who he has already. how does coach D get bashed for his decisions but Huggs is never wrong. ive seen a lot of 4 star, 5 star players that were horrible. none of that stuff means nothing. ive seen a lot of top 50 players transfer after the 1st yr in college b/c they weren't very good.

trust me, MU is on the rise and you will eventually have to admit it

I love how you feel like everything you believe/post is golden but whenever someone disagrees with your thoughts they are wrong. your probably someone that has never played the game before, never evaluated talent in your life, but you know a few people so you think that validates you. everybody knows you love WVU and that is fine but you don't have to bash everything that MU does or belittle everybody they recruit. the last I looked, WVU hasn't won a national title, so they are trying to get better just like MU.

I love how you read rankings (3 star,4 star) and therefore that validates whether a player is good or not. MU is on the rise, whether you want to admit it or not. the next 2 classes that they are bringing in are very good. Dillon, Bennett, George and West all can play.I've seen all of the players with my own 2 eyes play and be very successful vs they 4 star, 5 star players you drool over. those are facts.

I love how you downplay WV kids. ive read your posts on several sites and some of your posts are ridiculous. you state that West is too small. Have you seen staten, knapper, bolden, McCabe. they are all the same height, with 1 big difference, west is a defensive minded PG, unlike any of the others I just named. in the past you've said west had no perimeter skills. that's comical. obviously you've never seen him play. btw, did you see the state tournament. looked like his perimeter skills were fine to me. you say he's a game manager,lol. he's a winner that can score 20 if needed or lock down the opposing team's best player. btw, he is the state POY

you talk about coach D for not recruiting Dunn martin, who is a great player btw. obviously he is comfortable with who he has already. how does coach D get bashed for his decisions but Huggs is never wrong. ive seen a lot of 4 star, 5 star players that were horrible. none of that stuff means nothing. ive seen a lot of top 50 players transfer after the 1st yr in college b/c they weren't very good.

b2ad8b66f95405099477f568739e5df8_muthead-shots-fired-meme_400-400.jpeg

still can't find your way to the wvu board, huh?

Mods, does this board have a signature function so I can put "Two degrees from Marshall University" in it? That way all posters can enjoy my witty and hilarious posts and won't be offended because of the sports team I root for.

You have to understand Keaton's point of view. He understands hoops from the Huggs/Everhart point of view which is also the direction Marshalls last coach took. This point of view is athletic talent is the most important. The perfect example of this was Tom Harrion wanted nothing to do with Stevie Browning. Browning is not a rafter dunking type athlete but he is just a good hoops player. When Dan came in Mark Cline went back to the well on Browning and that story speaks for itself.

Keaton does not understand that Dan is recruiting to a system just the same John Beilein recruited to his style which in a lot of ways is the same. The styles of play in Hugg's and Dan's teams are like comparing apples and oranges. JD Collins the starting point guard on Beilein's Great Eight team would have never played for Huggs. So, in the end Keaton is just proving he does not really understand that different sytles win in college basketball.

Dan wants smart kids that work very hard, can learn fast, and does not have to be a concern off the court. He is trying to develop kids. Keaton just does not understand!

BTW, the one thing I keep hearing is that Dan's style must a good point guard to work. So, lets hope West can get it done.

You have to understand Keaton's point of view. He understands hoops from the Huggs/Everhart point of view which is also the direction Marshalls last coach took. This point of view is athletic talent is most important. The perfect example of this was Tom Harrion wanted nothing to do with Stevie Browning. Browning is not a rafter dunking type athlete but he is just a good hoops player. When Dan came in Mark Cline went back to the well on Browning and that story speaks for itself.

Keaton does not understand that Dan is recruiting to a system just the same John Beilein recruited to his style which in a lot of ways is the same. The styles of play in Hugg's and Dan's teams are like comparing apples and oranges. JD Collins the starting point guard on Beilein's Great Eight team would have never played for Huggs. So, in the end Keaton is just proving he does not really understand that different sytles win in college basketball.

Dan wants smart kids that work very hard, can learn fast, and does not have to be a concern off the court. He is trying to develop kids. Keaton just does not understand!

BTW, the one thing I keep hearing is that Dan's style must have a good point guard to work. So, lets hope West can get it done. Keaton can complain all he wants about stars and who recruiting who and no big men all he wants but quality guard play is what makes Dan's system work. The one thing I would like to see is Dan take John Beilein advice and start working on other types of defenses to get stops. Recruiting the way he does seems to cause us problems on defense. A 2-3 zone or 1-3-1 would be great at certain times.

You have to understand Keaton's point of view. He understands hoops from the Huggs/Everhart point of view which is also the direction Marshalls last coach took. This point of view is athletic talent is most important. The perfect example of this was Tom Harrion wanted nothing to do with Stevie Browning. Browning is not a rafter dunking type athlete but he is just a good hoops player. When Dan came in Mark Cline went back to the well on Browning and that story speaks for itself.

BTW, the one thing I keep hearing is that Dan's style must have a good point guard to work. So, lets hope West can get it done. Keaton can complain all he wants about stars and who recruiting who and no big men all he wants but quality guard play is what makes Dan's system work. The one thing I would like to see is Dan take John Beilein advice and start working on other types of defenses to get stops. Recruiting the way he does seems to cause us problems on defense. A 2-3 zone or 1-3-1 would be great at certain times.

That was a really well done comparison of styles and philosophy.

I covered several Beilein coached games. His teams at Richmond and WVU were notorious weak rebounders. He often had his team abandon rebounding efforts to sprint back and defend the opponents' next offensive possession.

He believed in valuing the ball (no offensive turnovers) and getting steals on the defensive end would result in more posessions and be the equivalent to addition rebounds.

Reactions: pdbailey
Mods, does this board have a signature function so I can put "Two degrees from Marshall University" in it? That way all posters can enjoy my witty and hilarious posts and won't be offended because of the sports team I root for.
this is a sports message board, specifically herd sports for herd fans. it's not a degree or alumni board. if these boards were about degrees from the school wvu's board would be empty.

this is a sports message board, specifically herd sports for herd fans. it's not a degree or alumni board. if these boards were about degrees from the school wvu's board would be empty.

Alumni from this school are not welcome to post on this board? Interesting.

If you're too dumb to be able to find how to do your signature, then you're dumb enough to be a wvu fan.

Keaton doesn't know left from right when it comes to much of anything, nolimit. Best thing to do is just laugh and tell your wife what stupid thing someone just said and then she'll briefly agree with Keaton's statement before remembering that she, in fact, has no knowledge of the subject...and so there you go

meh, it's really for FANS of Marshall, not necessarily just alum. However, if you would like to check out Pullman, I'd highly recommend it.

Thanks for the tip. I don't mean to offend Marshall fans with my WVU fandom on this board, despite graduating from here. What can go wrong with checking out Pullman? I'm confident everyone will accept me and my social conservative/fiscal conservative/Christian/pro-gun/pro-life views with open arms.

Heck, it probably gets boring on there with just everyone agreeing how lucky we were to survive the last eight years. Thank God for Trump, amirite guys?

Thanks for the tip. I don't mean to offend Marshall fans with my WVU fandom on this board, despite graduating from here. What can go wrong with checking out Pullman? I'm confident everyone will accept me and my social conservative/fiscal conservative/Christian/pro-gun/pro-life views with open arms.

Heck, it probably gets boring on there with just everyone agreeing how lucky we were to survive the last eight years. Thank God for Trump, amirite guys?

No way man, you have a handful of libs over there who are trying to fight the good fight.

Reactions: ohio herd
I just find it ludicrous that you have two degrees from MU but support WVU instead. It kind of makes you a traitor to be honest, and that is why you catch so much flack.

If Trump says it, it's true! "Believe me!!" I am not so sure about you.

Reactions: Elkview
A wv poster. Does any mods have the balls to give him time off the board. You peckerheads gave me the boot twice. It would be funny for keaton to have to read and not comment. I would never ban him for life or anything

Reactions: THUNDERGround
Probably shouldn't talk too much trash. It appears that wv WHO is rated higher academically than Marshall.

https://www.niche.com/colleges/rankings/best-college-academics/s/west-virginia/

Well, duh, BisonPa. With a Billion dollar budget versus a little over a hundred million for MU let's certainly hope that the state's "FlagCrap" school in the Hole is doing something other than giving bogus degrees to the likes of Joe Manchin's daughter and a slew of Pitt, Penn State and Rutgers rejects from Pennsylvania, New Joisy, and the like!!!!!

A wv poster. Does any mods have the balls to give him time off the board. You peckerheads gave me the boot twice. It would be funny for keaton to have to read and not comment. I would never ban him for life or anything

Keaton has been banned from this board for a long time.

He's knowledgeable and I enjoyed reading a lot of what he had to say but he became too negative and combative.

Probably shouldn't talk too much trash. It appears that wv WHO is rated higher academically than Marshall.

https://www.niche.com/colleges/rankings/best-college-academics/s/west-virginia/

Well hell, I would hope not...considering their endowment (which is still pitiful when compared to the rest of the flagship schools), as well as political pull, overall influence, money from the Big 12 (I know, that's meant to go towards sports), and about a hundred more majors to offer...they would be pretty damn pathetic if they were not academically ahead of Marshall, who has a fraction of that by comparison.
Then again, Marshall does have some programs better than wvu's...as does wvu have some programs better than Marshall's.

The sad thing is wvu fails to educate their own people and rather, chooses to educate the C/D average students from academically superior surrounding states.

Keaton teaches art at Wirt County of Elizabeth and is the assistant girls cross county coach.

.......The sad thing is wvu fails to educate their own people ........

I think you're letting your opinion get in the way of facts.

Of the more than 31,000 WVU students 51% of them are WV residents and from all 55 counties. As for the rest, they come from all 50 states, and 107 different nations.

.....rather, chooses to educate the C/D average students from academically superior surrounding states

The national average ACT score for students admitted to colleges and universities is 20.8, while in 2016 the average ACT score for WVU's freshman class was 24 and their HS grade point average was 3.49.

I don't know how Marshall's numbers stack up against WVU's but your claim that WVU doesn't educate WVi'ans and replaces them with C and D students from the surrounding states could not be further from the truth.

I think you're letting your opinion get in the way of facts.

Of the more than 31,000 WVU students 51% of them are WV residents and from all 55 counties. As for the rest, they come from all 50 states, and 107 different nations.

The national average ACT score for students admitted to colleges and universities is 20.8, while in 2016 the average ACT score for WVU's freshman class was 24 and their HS grade point average was 3.49.

I don't know how Marshall's numbers stack up against WVU's but your claim that WVU doesn't educate WVi'ans and replaces them with C and D students from the surrounding states could not be further from the truth.

51% in state educated?!?!? Thats it?!?! A decent in-state rate is above 70%.
You fall below the average...badly below it.

Your academics are par for the course. I won't deny you have some smart students, who took advantage of the cheap rates wvu gives (and is rapidly losing due to budget cuts), but the acceptance rate is horribly high around 86%, while surrounding state schools hover around 50% or so on average.

Just on that alone, based on the "we accept everybody" technique, you should accidentally have smart students.

Congrats.

but the acceptance rate is horribly high around 86%, while surrounding state schools hover around 50% or so on average.

Just on that alone, based on the "we accept everybody" technique, you should accidentally have smart students.

Congrats.

And the acceptance rate at Marshall is 88%, so what's your point ?

And the acceptance rate at Marshall is 88%, so what's your point ?

Marshall is horrendously underfunded as well as just plain smaller and serving an economically deprived area of an already crappy state. The mere fact they are even in the same realm of that with wvu can say some things.

But stop changing the subject at hand, this was about wvu's "academics" not Marshall's. If you can't keep up with the topics at hand, you may have to sit at the kids table.
Typical misdirection from wvu synpathizers when they lose an argument.

Marshall is horrendously underfunded as well as just plain smaller and serving an economically deprived area of an already crappy state. The mere fact they are even in the same realm of that with wvu can say some things.

But stop changing the subject at hand, this was about wvu's "academics" not Marshall's. If you can't keep up with the topics at hand, you may have to sit at the kids table.
Typical misdirection from wvu synpathizers when they lose an argument.

I wasn't misdirecting anything. I posted facts about the average ACT scores and grade point averages of the 2016 class of WVU freshmen in response to a misinformed post where someone claimed that WVU didn't educate WV kids in favor of taking C and D students from out of state. That's all. Sorry if those facts offend you.

As far as acceptance rates are concerned, I'd be very disappointed if either WVU or Marshall turned their backs on any kid looking for an education just so they can lower their acceptance rate in order to look more exclusive. I think WVU accepting 86% and Marshall accepting 88% of applicants is a good thing.....after all, it's not the mission statement of either school to gain admittance to the Ivy League.

Last edited:
The truth of the matter is that more West Virginians should be going to college whether it be at Marshall, Concord, Mountwest or pick an instate college of your choice.

The truth of the matter is that more West Virginians should be going to college whether it be at Marshall, Concord, Mountwest or pick an instate college of your choice.

Can't disagree with that. And if the average student had the advantage of all the tutoring and special attention athletes get in regards to getting them to pass classes, a lot more kids could get through college with a degree.

Reactions: jocktalker

"Peckerheads".... Just seeing that word typed out makes me LMFAO!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT