ADVERTISEMENT

Kiffin Meets With Arkansas AD In Florida

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/a...eSGEPdJzewFe-qxXlzMw6GvzYbmy1QqGqYPDpE0BhFuok

Lane Kiffin has been a name that has been mentioned for the vacant Arkansas head coaching job. The Florida Atlantic head coach, who has led the Owls since 2017, has gone on record on Twitter saying that he’d probably rather stay in Boca Raton for now after being wooed by a Razorbacks fan.

According to reports, though, school officials may be laying their cards on the table and ready to make a move to bring the former Tennessee head coach and Alabama offensive coordinator back to the SEC.

Which would be a better option of these three SEC openings, Arkansas, Missouri or Ole Miss?
Problem with Arkansas and Missouri is they have to go way outside of their states to recruit to be competitive in the SEC. Arkansas does have some history. Missouri not so much in football. Ole Miss is in more fertile recruiting ground and better weather of the 3. I think if you could go 7 or 8 wins in Oxford you could stay awhile and move on maybe to another job. I think the other two are trap jobs right now. SEC west is a gaunlet and right now LSU and Alabama are way ahead of everybody. But, historically can Arkansas and Missouri compete either? Arkansas has won a national title (60's) and won old SWC titles. But, their expectation might be too high for what they can do in the SEC. If Arkansas was in the Big 12 I think they could compete better.

I think the Ole Miss job is the best of the 3 personally.

This guy historically agrees.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...t-florida-georgia-or-lsu-that-trails-alabama/

Problem with Arkansas and Missouri is they have to go way outside of their states to recruit to be competitive in the SEC. Arkansas does have some history. Missouri not so much in football. Ole Miss is in more fertile recruiting ground and better weather of the 3. I think if you could go 7 or 8 wins in Oxford you could stay awhile and move on maybe to another job. I think the other two are trap jobs right now. SEC west is a gaunlet and right now LSU and Alabama are way ahead of everybody. But, historically can Arkansas and Missouri compete either? Arkansas has won a national title (60's) and won old SWC titles. But, their expectation might be too high for what they can do in the SEC. If Arkansas was in the Big 12 I think they could compete better.

I think the Ole Miss job is the best of the 3 personally.

This guy historically agrees.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...t-florida-georgia-or-lsu-that-trails-alabama/
The state of Missouri produces better talent year in and year out than Arkansas and Mississippi. The St. Louis area is crawling with 4 star kids. Problem is Missouri never signs any of them.

The state of Missouri produces better talent year in and year out than Arkansas and Mississippi. The St. Louis area is crawling with 4 star kids. Problem is Missouri never signs any of them.
which job do you think is the better job?

Ole Miss had some good teams in the recent past and even gave Saban fits a few times. I think the right coach that can recruit could make them dangerous again.

Reactions: i am herdman
I’d say Missouri, the SEC East isn’t anywhere near the gauntlet that is the SEC West.

East - Florida , Georgia , then everyone else -
West - LSU . Alabama , Auburn , Texas A & M - pretty much every year

For sure the East is the easier of the two divisions.

Reactions: cottrell75
The SEC E is generally easier than the SEC W, but that does not mean the SEC E is easy by any means.

Arkansas does remind you a bit of USPAM. Unrealistic, non-alumni, hilljack fans.

Ole Miss is happy just to be there, football is an excuse to have some sort of cotillion on the lawn.

Missouri has just never fit in the SEC. Yeah, the bottom end, where Ozark was filmed and Branson is, is like Arkansas but most of the state is just not Southern.

Anybody who thinks Lame is a solution to their problems should be fired.

All the P5's have a dichotomy - the programs who are competing and the programs who are sacrifices. Prior poster had it dead on - collect your $4 million a year for as long as you can and hope the buyout is still pretty large when the AD has to throw you into the fire to keep it burning.

If Kiffin only wants a larger paycheck, I say he can't go wrong with any of those options.

If he wants to land somewhere where he has a legit shot of winning a conference title, I'd wait to see what other openings come open over the next few weeks. Or wait another season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT