ADVERTISEMENT

Laborn getting some respect!!!

The way college athletics are now, with the transfer portal and NIL, most schools will constantly live at square one, especially schools not known as the "big guys". Too easy for players to leave.
But it also works in our favor some too. It all evens out for us. I mean, we might have the ability to get a 4 star if they’re going to sit 2nd or 3rd at a larger program and want a chance to showcase their talent. You can still get recognized as a really good position player on a bad SBC team. We got a ton of transfers, we will lose some next year…but we will also gain some too. It just doesn’t allow much time for a staff to develop the same freshman class if they’re always being beaten out by a grad transfer from somewhere else looking to play one more year as a starter.

But it also works in our favor some too. It all evens out for us. I mean, we might have the ability to get a 4 star if they’re going to sit 2nd or 3rd at a larger program and want a chance to showcase their talent. You can still get recognized as a really good position player on a bad SBC team. We got a ton of transfers, we will lose some next year…but we will also gain some too. It just doesn’t allow much time for a staff to develop the same freshman class if they’re always being beaten out by a grad transfer from somewhere else looking to play one more year as a starter.
Oh no doubt. I was just saying with the Portal, you can expect that schools like Marshall will be coming into season with a new roster every year from now on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT