ADVERTISEMENT

Lance Guidry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who is into the the technical aspect of football should love that article.

0% chance we keep him another season. I was very skeptical of this hire because of his past and he has proved me wrong. Would love to keep him around.

Reactions: Jartard
He's done a phenomenal job this season, but those 3 DUIs are going to keep him a lot of short lists.

I was driving in FL this week listening to a sports station on the radio. They were talking about the DC for a team with a team with a huge differential in defensive and offensive performance and how extraordinary a job this coach has done. The team was Marshall and Guidry was discussed at length. The feeling was that he would have a lot of interest from P5 schools next year.

I'm old enough to recall a few here being very critical of Huffs staff. Overall not looking bad now and Guidry has been great.

According to ESPN FPI, we are 3rd in defensive efficiency, 116th in offensive efficiency and 97th in special teams efficiency. That shows we have some serious issues with a lot of the staff. I don’t buy that we just happen to have far,’far superior players on one unit and not the others. Especially when you consider that a lot of those defensive players are on special teams units.

Reactions: IslandHerd1
I'm old enough to recall a few here being very critical of Huffs staff. Overall not looking bad now and Guidry has been great.
Any criticism of Huffs offensive staff is valid. I was shocked he gave Trickett the OC job vs bringing in a needed infusion of ideas.

And so far it looks like it was indeed a major mistake that cost us a shot at the conference title.

Remember, I’ll say it again and again. This isn’t about next year. Who knows who we’ll have next year with all of the transfer portal crap.
“This is not a rebuild.”

“This is not a rebuild.”
What’s a new coach supposed to say? “This is a total rebuild”, insinuating everyone on this team is trash? Of course not. He had to build some continuity following the teams fracture the previous year. We were not in a place to make mass changes in team personnel because these coaches had not been recruiting here yet. He needed some buy in with players who were here.

If the “team” wasn’t a complete rebuild, I can most certainly say…the rest of the program was. The operations behind Marshall Football have changed greatly in the last 2 seasons.

As it relates to the team…The fact that this season alone saw 40 new faces demonstrates not all those guys wanted to or were able to do it Huffs way. Defensively we found our groove this season. We are riding on their ability to control a game. I look forward to seeing how we build on that.

Offensively we need work. The dead horse I’ve beaten all season about the Oline remains the same. IMO Much of our play calling is a result of their inconsistency. If our offense can make some improvements next year, this team could really be fun to watch. The changes the last few weeks have been promising.

I’m always going to give a new coach (especially a new to the role HC) 3-4 seasons to work some things out. Am I satisfied with a potential 9-4 season?? No way. But I can also see some parts coming together that provides some optimism. Considering what happened post ND we could have seen this team completely pack it in as many here started predicting. Kudos to the team for continuing to work and grind.

Yes, Huffs staff has finally listened to me complain enough that they made changes. I congratulated Huff and staff after last win.

Watching them not throw screen passes on 1st, 2nd downs, then try a 40 yard bomb on 3rd down has been a great change.

I hope Trick Daddy can continue to call a good game. But still think hiring him was a very lazy move by huff, hope I’m wrong.

Defense this year has been freakin awesome can’t complain to much on the side of the ball.

We need conference Championships

Old enough and dumb enough to try arguing against it.

Tell me, how is the offense this year?

The knock on the defense wasn't about the ability to coach. In fact, the comments were that Guidry tended to have athletic and successful defenses. The knock on the defense was that Marshall shouldn't be the one to give him a fourth or fifth chance.

Old enough and dumb enough to try arguing against it.

Tell me, how is the offense this year?

The knock on the defense wasn't about the ability to coach. In fact, the comments were that Guidry tended to have athletic and successful defenses. The knock on the defense was that Marshall shouldn't be the one to give him a fourth or fifth chance.
Please avoid personal attacks on this forum. This forum has rules and is moderated.

Not sure I'd say MU is giving him another chance, didn't he come straight to MU from other job, not other incident/arrest. He had his second chances elsewhere prior to coming here. In any case, I stand by the comment he's been a good hire and done a great job with defense. Is that why you are changing subject to offense?

Reactions: sluggo72
This board would be much better if they followed their own rules, and banned people for personal attacks. Idk why they don’t. Addition by subtraction
You would have been banned years ago, crybaby. Stalking me and posting my name/information like you did goes against Rivals TOS.

Put the pacifier back in and stop talking.

• Sad
Reactions: putnam green
Don’t call someone else out for doing what you’ve done for years
Christ, how dumb can you possibly be, moron?

He was the one who was crying about breaking rules. I mocked him considering he has broken rules in the past. I wasn’t the one crying about his rule-breaking. I was acknowledging his hypocrisy about it.

You’re dumb enough on your own. Don’t allow your obsession with me make you appear even dumber.

He was the one who was crying about breaking rules. I mocked him considering he has broken rules in the past. I wasn’t the one crying about his rule-breaking. I was acknowledging his hypocrisy about it.

You’re dumb enough on your own. Don’t allow your obsession with me make you appear even dumber.
If u are referring to me, moron, I’ve never done that, moron. If anybody has, it’s been you, moron

I never said he wasn’t whining about rules. I was acknowledging your hypocrisy in calling someone else out for doing what you’ve done for years

ref.jpg

I never said he wasn’t whining about rules. I was acknowledging your hypocrisy in calling someone else out for doing what you’ve done for years

I can’t dumb it down anymore for you. Does anybody else want to try?

Please stop with the name calling and personal attacks. Try intelligent discussion. Thx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT