ADVERTISEMENT

Landon on QBs

Seriously - what gives here? It really gives legs to the rumors that he was being almost blackmailed into ensuring no one else had a shot but IG. I’ve been a Holliday detractor for a long time but even I am surprised by just how horrible this was managed.

It's not just the QB position - [INSERT MY 1,000 DIATRIBES ABOUT THE LACK OF CARRY DISTRIBUTION AT HB HERE]. The offensive starters tend to stay in no matter what the circumstances of the game are, which leads us to being perpetually inexperienced when those players graduate and the underclassmen have to step up.

Meanwhile on defense, it seems like any player with any talent whatsoever (especially at DB) gets thrown out there as a true freshman and then starts every game for four straight years. These players effectively lose a senior year at 23 for a confused, embarrassing year at 19, and spend their whole careers playing catch-up while the fans heap derision on them. (See Jackson, Chris)

It's not just the QB position - [INSERT MY 1,000 DIATRIBES ABOUT THE LACK OF CARRY DISTRIBUTION AT HB HERE]. The offensive starters tend to stay in no matter what the circumstances of the game are, which leads us to being perpetually inexperienced when those players graduate and the underclassmen have to step up.

Meanwhile on defense, it seems like any player with any talent whatsoever (especially at DB) gets thrown out there as a true freshman and then starts every game for four straight years. These players effectively lose a senior year at 23 for a confused, embarrassing year at 19, and spend their whole careers playing catch-up while the fans heap derision on them. (See Jackson, Chris)
Chris Jackson was pretty much garbage his entire career though

Chris Jackson was pretty much garbage his entire career though
That was kind of my point. People started piling on him as a Freshman and never stopped, and I'm sure you won't be the last person in this thread to say he was a terrible football player, especially after I post this:

In 100+ years of Marshall football...

DB Carl Lee Minnesota Vikings / 7th / 186th pick / 1983
DB Rogers Beckett San Diego Chargers / 2nd / 43rd pick / 2000
DB Chris Crocker Cleveland Browns / 3rd / 84th pick / 2003
DB Darryl Roberts New England Patriots / 7th / 247th pick / 2015
DB Chris Jackson Tennessee Titans / 7th / 243rd pick / 2020

Reactions: 19MU88
Chris Jackson was not nearly as terrible as some made him out to be. For the last three years he was basically asked to man-up the other team's top WR every week... Jackson's problem was he was the anti-clutch performer. He was awful in big spots and gave up big plays that were killers (two games I remember in particular were against WKU a couple years ago and Charlotte last year).

I'll take the other side of the coin here, if you think IG is the future and he's young, you want him to take all the in-game reps no matter what the situation is. This would be the year to get Wells those in-game reps Landon was alluding too, not last year with a quality backup like Thomson. If anything, I would've liked to see Thomson get more reps last year, not Wells. IG wasnt good, but I guess he was the best on the roster, which goes back to Doc being the most overrated recruiter of all time. That's for another thread.

Also, why interject WVU into this article at all? Did I miss how Neal Brown is setting the world on fire up there? Every article he's written lately has been bashing MU, while saying WVU is the model for everything. Chuck is a first class jackass and has had it out for the football program for years and everybody knows it.

I'll take the other side of the coin here, if you think IG is the future and he's young, you want him to take all the in-game reps no matter what the situation is. This would be the year to get Wells those in-game reps Landon was alluding too, not last year with a quality backup like Thomson. If anything, I would've liked to see Thomson get more reps last year, not Wells. IG wasnt good, but I guess he was the best on the roster, which goes back to Doc being the most overrated recruiter of all time. That's for another thread.

Also, why interject WVU into this article at all? Did I miss how Neal Brown is setting the world on fire up there? Every article he's written lately has been bashing MU, while saying WVU is the model for everything. Chuck is a first class jackass and has had it out for the football program for years and everybody knows it.
The reason Wells should have gotten snaps is that they were free snaps. No loss of eligat all....
Chuck has to write about WVU too now that he is in the Charleston paper too.

He’s an embarrassment to our community, but he’s spot on today:

https://www.herald-dispatch.com/spo...cle_a8f148e0-0893-523f-af79-937c29c96bab.html

Total QB malpractice from Doc. Been this way since Cato left.

Coaching search can’t come soon enough. This program is awful.
I am no fan of Landon but I agree 100%. I have said repeatedly we need to get these back up qb some playing time. Something beside handing the ball off and taking a knee. Doc should have played wells in several of those games last year. If history has taught us anything you are one play away from having the next man up take over

Can you imagine living a life where all you have to do is judge, accuse, and post opinions; instead of being accountable to contribute something tangible; ever????

Can you imagine living a life where all you have to do is judge, accuse, and post opinions; instead of being accountable to contribute something tangible; ever????

I hear ya.

I guess what you're saying is, the truth hurts sometimes?

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan

That might be the case with CL...BUT that does not make him incorrect in this case.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT