ADVERTISEMENT

Larry Aaron thread - Political posts

It has... And so have Chicago, St. Louis, Phoenix, etc. We can have a discussion about how to fix crime in America's cities, but that probably isn't appropriate for this board.
Agreed things have been bad for a long time and something needs to be done soon. Don't forget Huntington is 3rd nationally per capita for murders only behind St Louis and Baltimore.

This is a sad example of why we need gun control. The NRA was established as the National RIFLE Association. Now they lobby for all types of fire arms, including hand guns and assault weapons.
I doubt that many of the folks with these guns are ready to join the Militia as the 2nd Amendment provides.

This is a sad example of why we need gun control. The NRA was established as the National RIFLE Association. Now they lobby for all types of fire arms, including hand guns and assault weapons.
I doubt that many of the folks with these guns are ready to join the Militia as the 2nd Amendment provides.

Hate to hijack this thread, but we do not need gun control. We need more harsh punishments for the thugs that run the streets shooting people. NEWSFLASH criminals are going to get guns no matter how many lists or measures you put in place.

What needs to happen is a harsher system that makes these idiots think twice before acting this and those that proceed to anyways should be removed from society. They don't wish to live in it with others in a civil manner. Instead if they do get caught they go to prison where they'll be united with more of their gangs members and just keep on keeping on until they are released. Heck our prison systems have birthed some of the gangs we have now.

These scum should be treated as the animals that they are.

Do you think the shooter was a member of the NRA? Do you think the shooter had a required permit to be carrying his weapon?

Hate to hijack this thread, but we do not need gun control. We need more harsh punishments for the thugs that run the streets shooting people. NEWSFLASH criminals are going to get guns no matter how many lists or measures you put in place.

What needs to happen is a harsher system that makes these idiots think twice before acting this and those that proceed to anyways should be removed from society. They don't wish to live in it with others in a civil manner. Instead if they do get caught they go to prison where they'll be united with more of their gangs members and just keep on keeping on until they are released. Heck our prison systems have birthed some of the gangs we have now.

No prob, this thread was hijacked at 9 something this morning.

Your post kind of contradict itself.

Ive always said there should be a cap on the number of firearms Manufactured and a ban on imports but it will never happen.

I really wish someone was around in the 1770's with foresight to make an amendment protecting automobile ownership. You gun people got it easy - you should see all the hoops us drivers have to jump through.

I really wish someone was around in the 1770's with foresight to make an amendment protecting automobile ownership. You gun people got it easy - you should see all the hoops us drivers have to jump through.
driving is a state issue and not a right. The 2nd amendment is a right. There is a reason that it was put in the constitution.

driving is a state issue and not a right. The 2nd amendment is a right. There is a reason that it was put in the constitution.

Wrong.

Freedom of movement under United States law is governed primarily by the Privileges and Immunities Clause of the United States Constitution.

Are you that dense? Honestly.

I am not. You are, as usual.

The right of a citizen to travel upon the public highways and to transport his property thereon in the ordinary course of life and business is a common right which he has under his right to enjoy life and liberty, to acquire and possess property, and to pursue happiness and safety. It includes the right in so doing to use the ordinary and usual conveyances of the day

Thompson v. Smith, 155 Va. 367 — Va: Supreme Court 1930

I am not. You are, as usual.

The right of a citizen to travel upon the public highways and to transport his property thereon in the ordinary course of life and business is a common right which he has under his right to enjoy life and liberty, to acquire and possess property, and to pursue happiness and safety. It includes the right in so doing to use the ordinary and usual conveyances of the day

HAHAHA

Idio....nevermind

Reactions: 19MU88
It's a very sad story to be shot by a stray bullet when not involved in any wrong doing..

My point is that too many guns are available. The NRA lobbies extensively for gun rights. Don't remember the number but I read that millions of dollars are spent by their lobbyist.

Every evening WSAZ news in Huntington has several stories dealing with crimes involving guns. Yes the criminals will always have guns, but why make it so easy for them to get their guns. The number of guns stores and/or pawn shops selling guns has become the new growth industry.

It's a very sad story to be shot by a stray bullet when not involved in any wrong doing..

My point is that too many guns are available. The NRA lobbies extensively for gun rights. Don't remember the number but I read that millions of dollars are spent by their lobbyist.

Every evening WSAZ news in Huntington has several stories dealing with crimes involving guns. Yes the criminals will always have guns, but why make it so easy for them to get their guns. The number of guns stores and/or pawn shops selling guns has become the new growth industry.

Criminals will get guns, there is no law that has been put forth, ever, that would hinder criminals from obtaining weapons. The end game, and only one that even makes sense(though unrealistic), is complete confiscation; welcome to our second civil war.

The Huntington crap is drug dealing idiots. They’d kill each other with whatever they have to do it with. They are the weapon, not the gun.

You have any evidence to refute what I said, nadhanger?

Perhaps the rest of the decision:

The exercise of such a common right the city may, under its police power, regulate in the interest of the public safety and welfare; but it may not arbitrarily or unreasonably prohibit or restrict it, nor may it permit one to exercise it and refuse to permit another of like qualifications, under like conditions and circumstances, to exercise it.

The regulation of the exercise of the right to drive a private automobile on the streets of the city may be accomplished in part by the city by granting, refusing, and revoking, under rules of general application, permits to drive an automobile on its streets; but such permits may not be arbitrarily refused or revoked, or permitted to be held by some and refused to other of like qualifications, under like circumstances and conditions.

Reactions: Dorrej
To me, guns are like farm animals under 35lbs - you tell everybody you need it for survival, but everybody knows that goat's just recreation.

Perhaps the rest of the decision:

The exercise of such a common right the city may, under its police power, regulate in the interest of the public safety and welfare; but it may not arbitrarily or unreasonably prohibit or restrict it, nor may it permit one to exercise it and refuse to permit another of like qualifications, under like conditions and circumstances, to exercise it.

The regulation of the exercise of the right to drive a private automobile on the streets of the city may be accomplished in part by the city by granting, refusing, and revoking, under rules of general application, permits to drive an automobile on its streets; but such permits may not be arbitrarily refused or revoked, or permitted to be held by some and refused to other of like qualifications, under like circumstances and conditions.

Are you attempting to refute that the right to travel is right?

No, moron, you stated that "driving is a state issue and not a right."
Ok tell me how it is not. I am willing to listen. Show me where driving a car is a constitutional right? Who issues you drivers license?

The right is that you can go from one state to another. How you do that is irrelevant

Ok tell me how it is not. I am willing to listen. Show me where driving a car is a constitutional right? Who issues you drivers license?

Is voting a constitutional right?
Who issues voter registration cards?

Not necessarily. Voting rights cannot be abridged by certain qualifications but beyond those qualifications in the 15th, 19th, and 26th Amendments the Constitution gives wide latitude to states to determine who can vote.

Do you know of any Constitutional right that has zero qualifiers?

Trial by jury

Not in all cases, and happens to be a part of the 6th.

3rd: No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

Looks like qualifiers to me.

Not in all cases, and happens to be a part of the 6th.

3rd: No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

Looks like qualifiers to me.

I didn't say it wasn't part of the Sixth, just typing in stream of thought. And would you like to tell us in what domestic criminal case one does not have a right to trial by jury?

Third is not a qualifier. Educated people understand to assume under both common law and US law that peacetime and wartime are totally different legal situations...best I can give as an analogy is the difference in criminal and civil law.

And would you like to tell us in what domestic criminal case one does not have a right to trial by jury?

According to the Supreme Court, the jury-trial right applies only when “serious” offenses are at hand—petty offenses don’t invoke it. For purposes of this right, a serious offense is one that carries a potential sentence of more than six months’ imprisonment.

Third is not a qualifier

Both of the phrases in bold in my earlier post are qualifiers.

According to the Supreme Court, the jury-trial right applies only when “serious” offenses are at hand—petty offenses don’t invoke it. For purposes of this right, a serious offense is one that carries a potential sentence of more than six months’ imprisonment.

Both of the phrases in bold in my earlier post are qualifiers.

My bad, I thought I said for felonies. If you are going to do a crime, swing for the fences. And next time, try putting something into your own words, or use a citation. No one likes a plagiarizer.

And on the Third, it is still not a "qualifier". You have an absolute right under peacetime, war is when the Constitution goes in the shitter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT