ADVERTISEMENT

Las Vegas Newspaper: Mike Hamrick "Royal Alienator"

Interesting article, good find. I'm not sure he's alienating himself from us fans, he usually very approachable and assessable. But he was not on the Southern Miss trip, then last week at Old Dominnion he was on the sideline but we didn't see him any at the team hotel on Friday or Saturday. Actually we all wonder why he wasn't there again, but then he appeared just before the busses rolled off for the game. Usually in the past he's been more viseble out glad handing more weird, possibly he's distancing himself to clear his head?

Very interesting especially how people viewed him as the AD at UNLV. Often wondered why we have not played them in a football series post-Hamrick. Guess we know why.

Very interesting especially how people viewed him as the AD at UNLV. Often wondered why we have not played them in a football series post-Hamrick. Guess we know why.
Honestly, I think Mike was taking for Doc in those tweets. I think he was going to bat for a football coach that he hired so its important for him to be successful. I think Mike is in a very bad spot right now with how bad this football is playing. Doc put Mike in the spot so lets not deflect from the real issue (Mike did make it worst lol), which is Docs poor recruiting and has put this program in a crazy re-building mode. Do I think this team is better next year? Sure, but lets not forget were the problem lies

Interesting article, good find. I'm not sure he's alienating himself from us fans, he usually very approachable and assessable. But he was not on the Southern Miss trip, then last week at Old Dominnion he was on the sideline but we didn't see him any at the team hotel on Friday or Saturday. Actually we all wonder why he wasn't there again, but then he appeared just before the busses rolled off for the game. Usually in the past he's been more viseble out glad handing more weird, possibly he's distancing himself to clear his head?
He missed the USM game due to attending a former Herd team mates funeral. He said that was the first football game he has ever missed as a AD anywhere.

Reactions: goherd73
The Royal "Alienator" - always liked that description - AD's are nothing more than politicians for the athletic department and we all know you can not trust a politician as they will say and do whatever to obtain what they feel is important or is what they want - so why trust an AD anymore so.

Reactions: Manleyeer
Honestly, I think Mike was taking for Doc in those tweets. I think he was going to bat for a football coach that he hired so its important for him to be successful. I think Mike is in a very bad spot right now with how bad this football is playing. Doc put Mike in the spot so lets not deflect from the real issue (Mike did make it worst lol), which is Docs poor recruiting and has put this program in a crazy re-building mode. Do I think this team is better next year?

LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! We have an AD that just built the best IAF in the nation , added a brand new soccer field , remodeled the Henderson center, hired a coach that has won 4 bowl games , had 3 straight 10 win seasons and a conference championship, hired the hottest hoops coach in college basketball right now and he's in a bad place due to a season where we had to play a lot of youth and the coach kicked off some bad apples that were key players? Yet your ex AD hired a drunk that's an embarssement to the state and the ex AD openly insults Marshall even as an official of the NCAA? Eerbilly PUT DOWN THE CRACK PIPE!

As I've stated before.

Dear eerbilly poster lurker and troll. Thank you for your interest in the Marshall football program. As I'm sure you will agree your interest is indicative of the same interest the entire state has in starting a home and home annual series with MIFART. We hope you too as you post continually will post on your own boards your interest in starting this series since your interest in Marshall athletics is so apparent. Thanks again for your interest in Marshall football and Marshall athletics, and we wish you well on your next drunken riot and injury and rape prevention of your student body.

This is probably the 18th time this article has been posted here. Before you guys get too stiff over the author dissing Hammy, don't forget he's dissing you too:

Let me state that I have a natural affinity for people from the Rust Belt who work hard to put bread on the table. My old man was one. But this is not a place for which you would normally leave a cushy job in Las Vegas. Unless, maybe, you are a dentist.

The Las Vegas Sun is not a real newspaper. It is a complicated deal, but when it went out of business years ago, the real newspaper out there made a deal with its rich former owners where they get 6 pages to rant about whatever. Mostly it is a aginner rant. Against most everybody and everything. The voice of the disgruntled old man. This guy has had a hard on for MH from day one, along with 10 or 12 other issues.

This is probably the 18th time this article has been posted here. Before you guys get too stiff over the author dissing Hammy, don't forget he's dissing you too:

Let me state that I have a natural affinity for people from the Rust Belt who work hard to put bread on the table. My old man was one. But this is not a place for which you would normally leave a cushy job in Las Vegas. Unless, maybe, you are a dentist.
If you notice Im taking up for Mike. The real issue is Doc and his recruiting

Sam posted "The Las Vegas Sun is not a real newspaper. It is a complicated deal, but when it went out of business years ago, the real newspaper out there made a deal with its rich former owners where they get 6 pages to rant about whatever. Mostly it is a aginner rant. Against most everybody and everything. The voice of the disgruntled old man. This guy has had a hard on for MH from day one, along with 10 or 12 other issues."
How do you know all of this? You live in Las Vegas while your beloved MH was AD at UNLV?

Mo. Mostly I just remember the last 14 times we discussed this eight year old article. As to the Sun, the deal was all over the financial pages and politics pages last year, because the old man died and the real newspaper was offering his kids a lot of $$ to get out of the deal, which makes no sense as newspapers are dying. Half wanted to cash in, other half wanted to continue to argue politicals

LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! We have an AD that just built the best IAF in the nation , added a brand new soccer field , remodeled the Henderson center, hired a coach that has won 4 bowl games , had 3 straight 10 win seasons and a conference championship, hired the hottest hoops coach in college basketball right now and he's in a bad place due to a season where we had to play a lot of youth and the coach kicked off some bad apples that were key players? Yet your ex AD hired a drunk that's an embarssement to the state and the ex AD openly insults Marshall even as an official of the NCAA? Eerbilly PUT DOWN THE CRACK PIPE!

As I've stated before.

Dear eerbilly poster lurker and troll. Thank you for your interest in the Marshall football program. As I'm sure you will agree your interest is indicative of the same interest the entire state has in starting a home and home annual series with MIFART. We hope you too as you post continually will post on your own boards your interest in starting this series since your interest in Marshall athletics is so apparent. Thanks again for your interest in Marshall football and Marshall athletics, and we wish you well on your next drunken riot and injury and rape prevention of your student body.

Couple things.

One the Basketball locker rooms was done before he came here.

2 who is the Hottest basketball coach Matt Daniel?? Nobody is hiring D' Antoni, that is beyond Hilarious.

Also that Drunk you speak off right now has WVU as a perennial Sweet 16 program. He might or might not be a drunk but he wins and has continued to win in the Big XII.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT