ADVERTISEMENT

Leftwich Tops Eagles HC List

The Eagles might be a tough situation to become a head coach in.
No doubt. He's been talked about for the Atlanta job. I'd rather be there. The fans are more reasonable, the organization is ran a little better, and they have some really good players. Like Julio Jones. The big question mark is what they are going to do with Matt Ryan. They are talking about trying to move him. Though Philly wants to move Wentz too but both are saddled with huge contract and cap hits to anyone that takes them.

Reactions: alphasig1053
Philly has some of the most vocal and rabid fans in ALL of Pro Sports. Also some of the most vicious who wouldn't blink in turning on a player, . . . or a head coach, in a heart beat! In other words, win, win big, and win Quickly, or GTFO!!

That Eagles job is a career ender - aging roster, bad salary cap situation, a $15 mil a year dead contract on a QB who's noodle has been cooked, rabid fanbase that will hang you in effigy six weeks into the job....

They're looking for someone to hold the bag for a few years while they un-ass themselves roster/salary cap-wise from this last Super Bowl team.

itsatrap.jpg

Since moving to the Philly area, I haven't followed the Eagles much. If they hire Leftwich, that would totally get me on the bandwagon. But you guys are right. Philly fans can be brutal.

Since moving to the Philly area, I haven't followed the Eagles much. If they hire Leftwich, that would totally get me on the bandwagon. But you guys are right. Philly fans can be brutal.
They have always been brutal on all their sports teams. I'm 72 and they're always had that reputation

Reactions: AmeriKenny
I have read about the Eagles coaching situation and nowhere does it mention.The Tampa Bay DC is on the list to be intervied.
Point of order. I don't think the TB DC is on the list. But the OC may be.

Point of order. I don't think the TB DC is on the list. But the OC may be.
other than this from the Eagleswire.....

The Philadelphia Eagles have requested permission to interview Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ defensive coordinator, Todd Bowles, for their vacant head coach job.

Bowles was 24-40 in four seasons as the Jets’ head coach and after being dismissed following the 2018 season, the defensive-minded coach joined Bruce Arians’ staff in Tampa.

The Bucs were eighth in the league in points allowed and sixth in yards allowed during the 2020 regular season, and he’s familiar with Philadelphia after attending Temple University and playing under Bruce Arians.

other than this from the Eagleswire.....

The Philadelphia Eagles have requested permission to interview Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ defensive coordinator, Todd Bowles, for their vacant head coach job.

Bowles was 24-40 in four seasons as the Jets’ head coach and after being dismissed following the 2018 season, the defensive-minded coach joined Bruce Arians’ staff in Tampa.

The Bucs were eighth in the league in points allowed and sixth in yards allowed during the 2020 regular season, and he’s familiar with Philadelphia after attending Temple University and playing under Bruce Arians.
I stand corrected. Is Byron still in the mix?

ADVERTISEMENT