ADVERTISEMENT

let the bidding begin - republicans auction off our govt

dherd

Platinum Buffalo
Feb 23, 2007
The political network overseen by the conservative billionaires Charles G. and David H. Koch
plans to spend close to $900 million on the 2016 campaign, an
unparalleled effort by coordinated outside groups to shape a
presidential election that is already on track to be the most expensive
in history.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/27/us/politics/kochs-plan-to-spend-900-million-on-2016-campaign.html?hpw&rref=politics&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=well-region&region=bottom-well&WT.nav=bottom-well

What they should actually auction off is excess property. The government owns 100s of billions in real estate it does not use. I'm not talking undeveloped land, national parks, etc. but office building, urban land, etc. Not only is it an untapped equity source, the cost of owning it and doing nothing with it is billions every year. Also, selling it would put it on the tax rolls and give local governments a revenue boost.

Originally posted by banker6796:
What they should actually auction off is excess property. The government owns 100s of billions in real estate it does not use. I'm not talking undeveloped land, national parks, etc. but office building, urban land, etc. Not only is it an untapped equity source, the cost of owning it and doing nothing with it is billions every year. Also, selling it would put it on the tax rolls and give local governments a revenue boost.
typically brilliant idea - lets sell off tons of property at a time when
the real estate market is recovering from the last great republican idea,
DEREGULATION AND GETTING THE GOVT OFF THE BACKS OF
BIG BUSINESS.

banker - you dissapoint.

Dherd, I would say that I have forgotten more about commercial real estate than you will ever know, but that would be a lie. I don't forget things.

Originally posted by banker6796:
Raoul, here's a story that discusses the surplus properties and just how inept the government is in their ownership of the properties.
1st paragraph in your link:

WASHINGTON - - Two years after the Obama administration relaunched an
effort to get rid of surplus federal buildings,
almost all of the
excess property identified in Maryland remains in government have left federal agencies stuck with at least 200 vacant or underutilized properties[/B]

appears that what you are unhappy about is a result of your political philosophy.
as usually is the case.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT