ADVERTISEMENT

Lincoln L. Wilson and trumps "election fraud" investigation convicted

dherd

Platinum Buffalo
Feb 23, 2007
What he found was Lincoln L. Wilson.

In August of 2012, Wilson, a 66-year-old entrepreneur, went to vote in Goodland, Kansas, a small town near the Colorado border. When Wilson was asked where he lived, he said he owned homes in both Kansas and Colorado. When he was asked where he voted, he answered that he voted in local elections in both states. An election official told him to fill out a provisional ballot, so he did. When he went to the clerk’s office to update his address and vote in 2014, he again filled out a provisional ballot at the direction of the clerk.

“I’d vote for president in one state, and local issues in both places,” he told POLITICO Magazine. He said he’d been doing this ever since his property tax bill on a hotel he owned in Goodland had doubled in one year in 2004.

Because they were provisional ballots, they were never actually counted. But that didn’t matter to Kobach who in 2015, after a local prosecutor’s decision not to open a case, charged Wilson with three felonies and seven misdemeanors. Kobach alleged that Wilson had voted unlawfully going back to 2010 and that he had committed perjury by signing Kansas’s voting registration form, which stipulates citizens verify they will vote only once.

Wilson, who voted for Trump
last November, spent 18 months fighting Kobach and the charges against him. He went through two lawyers and, he says, nearly $50,000 in legal fees before pleading guilty to three misdemeanor counts of voting without being qualified and two misdemeanor counts of falsely swearing to an affidavit. He was fined $6,000 fine, and another $158 in court costs. “Kris Kobach came after me for an honest mistake,” Wilson said. “Damn right, I’m upset.”

“My position is if you double vote, we will find you and it will be a heavy hit to the wallet,” Kobach said. “This is a man who has stated he had a right to vote in two states, so I don’t see how he can say it was an honest mistake now.” He added that Wilson’s fees would have been less had he not contested the conviction.
https://www.politico.com/magazine/s...-voter-fraud-investigation-prosecution-215164

NOW THIS IS BIG GOVT EXERCISED BY THE PEOPLE WHO CLAIM TO BE AGINST IT.
LIKE I ALWAYS SAY - REPUBLICANS ALWAYS END UP DOING OR ENABLING THE
VERY THING THEY SAY THEY ARE AGAINS - EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Illegal-Immigration-Sign-Mexican-Border-Crossing-Saved-Thursday-8-3-2017-780x439.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT