ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING Litton is declaring for the draft

I agree.
Hell, Skylar Howard had it worse!

Geez fellas. They'll be serving cookies and tea in the Schewey at 4pm. Then all will join hands and sing "What a wonderful world".

It has nothing to do with the fans and all about what they feel is best for him. I think he knows or has been told who the OC is and that the new scheme doesn't fit his skill set. Thus rather than be beaten out or have an intense competition for the starters job, he elected to go the NFL route and test the waters. No issues with that.

Geez fellas. They'll be serving cookies and tea in the Schewey at 4pm. Then all will join hands and sing "What a wonderful world".

It has nothing to do with the fans and all about what they feel is best for him. I think he knows or has been told who the OC is and that the new scheme doesn't fit his skill set. Thus rather than be beaten out or have an intense competition for the starters job, he elected to go the NFL route and test the waters. No issues with that.

Why did you quote me and repeat what I have been saying?

I wish Chase well. I hope he gets his head straightened out and becomes the young man of his potential. But, personally, I think it's the dumbest decision since Ronald Blackshear declared for the NBA!

As for his family, I've always heard they were part of the problem, especially the mother. I doubt in the annals of college football has a sitting head coach been faced with the task of replacing an OC, DC and QB at the same time. At least now, Doc won't have to fill the position of babysitter...

I could be wrong, but I'm fairly sure I remember USC having to replace both coordinators and a QB when Pete Carroll was the HC. Both coordinators took head coaching jobs and the QB (possibly Carson Palmer) went to the NFL.

It has happened before and we will be OK... Hopefully Green has benefitted from the redshirt year and is ready to go. A new OC will be able to build an offense around a mobile QB with a big arm (ironic now, the reason Legg is gone is because that was how his offense worked and it failed with Litton) and our new DC will continue to build on Heater's success with a good group of returning starters.

Chase leaving is a problem. Doc hitched his wagon to a kid with extreme character issues and it got Legg fired, it almost got Doc fired(and it still might), and the AD's butt is on the line (which is why he is in the interviews for the new OC). This guy is leaving a mess.

Still better than the mess in morganhole

Soooooo, this guy is good enough to "get a look" from the NFL, something that maybe 20 guys (and maybe half those seriously) out of the 100s of QB theoretically available in this draft class will get, for a chance to beat out a decade and a half plus of draft classes production for one of a sum total of 96 jobs , but simultaneously would have to compete with the huge stable of QB talent at Marshall University, a CUSA school in West Virginia.

Right.

CL played his last game of competitive outdoor football.

They do? Where? The Combine is an invitational event. Because they grossly over-invite players (about 100 more than there are draft slots) it is theoretically possible, but totally unlikely, that he even will make it that far.

Leaving aside his criminality and childish selfish self-destructive behavior, he just isn't good enough. He pissed away a shot at, at least, having a college degree and a post-football job skill.
[/QUOTE]

Well...you could just, you know, open a browser and see what people who are paid to give analysis and write on sports, are saying about him.
I agree his departure was too early, but I'm not ruling out his ability to land on an NFL team...especially not the extreme cases you're saying.
How many players has MU had, who had character problems, come out and had solid careers?
Ahmad Bradshaw, even coming to MU, was the result of bad decisions, and he, well, was 5 spots from Mr. Irrelevant, sure did the Giants some favors...and he left early.
As far as I know, since CL has been at MU, he hasn't been in the police blotter, he hasn't had anything reported on him that could be negative on his stock...and this is a town where chuck landon writes about Doc not wearing his necktie properly.
Thats not to say he hasn't had off field issues, but its been passed through the grape vine enough to detract from what it was before...and thats something I don't feel the NFL cares about.

The Vikings just beat the Saints behind a QB who had been in the league for 5 years and was traded 100 times...who was undrafted might I add. You don't think that may account for something to motivate Chase or someone like him?

I think he lands somewhere and gets put to 3rd string for a while. He may never start for a team but he would have signed an NFL contract. MU fans may even forget he existed, then he re-emerges with a team, earns a spot on the roster, maybe wins a game or two.
Then again, what do I know? I just look at some past MU athletes who left early and people kept doubting because WVians are a stupid and fickle group, who got pissed on by success when said athlete actually became something.
Plus, he has the physical build of an NFL QB (something many of you have said on here), his mechanics aren't irreversable, meaning, they are something with better coaching, that he could get rid of altogether, however, his attitude is something he needs to change on his own.

Well...you could just, you know, open a browser and see what people who are paid to give analysis and write on sports, are saying about him.
I agree his departure was too early, but I'm not ruling out his ability to land on an NFL team...especially not the extreme cases you're saying.
How many players has MU had, who had character problems, come out and had solid careers?
Ahmad Bradshaw, even coming to MU, was the result of bad decisions, and he, well, was 5 spots from Mr. Irrelevant, sure did the Giants some favors...and he left early.
As far as I know, since CL has been at MU, he hasn't been in the police blotter, he hasn't had anything reported on him that could be negative on his stock...and this is a town where chuck landon writes about Doc not wearing his necktie properly.
Thats not to say he hasn't had off field issues, but its been passed through the grape vine enough to detract from what it was before...and thats something I don't feel the NFL cares about.

The Vikings just beat the Saints behind a QB who had been in the league for 5 years and was traded 100 times...who was undrafted might I add. You don't think that may account for something to motivate Chase or someone like him?

I think he lands somewhere and gets put to 3rd string for a while. He may never start for a team but he would have signed an NFL contract. MU fans may even forget he existed, then he re-emerges with a team, earns a spot on the roster, maybe wins a game or two.
Then again, what do I know? I just look at some past MU athletes who left early and people kept doubting because WVians are a stupid and fickle group, who got pissed on by success when said athlete actually became something.
Plus, he has the physical build of an NFL QB (something many of you have said on here), his mechanics aren't irreversable, meaning, they are something with better coaching, that he could get rid of altogether, however, his attitude is something he needs to change on his own.[/QUOTE]

I AGREE 100 % with you All4The Herd......"Let's Play Into the Future Game".....
Let's say Chase gets drafted by some NFL squad (Hell, Cleveland is desperate)...and he becomes a good player. I can see it now....All the naysayers are "up Chase's ass licking and kissing his bottom...and saying ANOTHER guy from Marshall made it BIG...and "I was his best friend at Marshall too; he let my carry his helmet after games------."...I can see it all unfolding like this. They will be the first ones to purchase his NFL jersey....just saying.

HERD fans are some of the most dang fickle folks.....and jealous....too.

Zilla22

Plus, he has the physical build of an NFL QB (something many of you have said on here), his mechanics aren't irreversable, meaning, they are something with better coaching, that he could get rid of altogether, however, his attitude is something he needs to change on his own.[/QUOTE]

I would say Chase's social behavior is as much a problem for him as is his ability to read defense's (or as someone on here said his post snap reading of defenses).

The fact that Zilla rates Cato as number one on the list shows me everything I need to know about his opinion.

In terms of Marshall quarterbacks and no I don’t care about his stats I wouldn’t rate him top 10.

I would have Chad and Byron, as 1 and 1A, in my opinion nobody else has been close and then Cato, Payton, Oliver, Kresser, Peterson, Gregory, Hill, Fodor, Donnan, and then Litton.

The fact that Zilla rates Cato as number one on the list shows me everything I need to know about his opinion.

In terms of Marshall quarterbacks and no I don’t care about his stats I wouldn’t rate him top 10.

I would have Chad and Byron, as 1 and 1A, in my opinion nobody else has been close and then Cato, Payton, Oliver, Kresser, Peterson, Gregory, Hill, Fodor, Donnan, and then Litton.
Byron or Chad. Basically a coin flip.

Reactions: caliherd

Cali....I was rating Litton according to his stats & what he accomplished in 3-years of service.......NOT who I thought was Marshall's Best QB.....I read online that through 3-years...Chase was on the tails of Cato, Pennington & Byron...stats wise......nothing More---nothing Less....

If I rated them according to value to Marshall....(1) Chad...(2) Byron...(3) Cato....(4) Peyton.....(5) Gregory....Litton would be down the line [but somewhere in my Top 10].......just my opinion.

Zilla22

Reactions: ohio herd
Cali....I was rating Litton according to his stats & what he accomplished in 3-years of service.......NOT who I thought was Marshall's Best QB.....I read online that through 3-years...Chase was on the tails of Cato, Pennington & Byron...stats wise......nothing More---nothing Less....

If I rated them according to value to Marshall....(1) Chad...(2) Byron...(3) Cato....(4) Peyton.....(5) Gregory....Litton would be down the line [but somewhere in my Top 10].......just my opinion.

Zilla22
Ok I apologize I misunderstood!

The level of delusion exhibited in this thread makes me wonder if some of you have ever actually watched our games.

Reality therapy:

CL is a mediocre to poor QB at a mid-major program who never really accomplished much, leaving aside any discussion of his poor attitude and life choices. He will never be drafted, and will never play another second of competitive football again.

Reactions: Sash19
Ok I apologize I misunderstood!

NO PROBLEM....biggest issue with social media.....
the clarity of what is be said and being interpreted.....

No matter the reason....what looked like a promising 2018 for HERD football with a veteran QB at the helm...just took a major hit with Chase departing Huntington. Makes Spring practice VERY interesting...when & if new OC & DC are announced.....I doubt we lose any commitments......

BTW what part of California do you reside?
My daughter & Family live in Palos Verdes estates...about a 3-minute drive to the Pacific Ocean....pretty place. We spent 18 days there in December. I loved wearing shorts & t-shirts while visiting....

Zilla22 in Charlotte

It seems that Chase is still down in Florida. Does anyone know if he actually Registered for Spring 18 classes, and Then dropped out.
Or did he never register in the first place? Any insider know?

The level of delusion exhibited in this thread makes me wonder if some of you have ever actually watched our games.

Reality therapy:

CL is a mediocre to poor QB at a mid-major program who never really accomplished much, leaving aside any discussion of his poor attitude and life choices. He will never be drafted, and will never play another second of competitive football again.

You do know Sad Sam....
we are going to hold you to the fact that Chase will "never play another down of competitive football....."

Zilla22

NO PROBLEM....biggest issue with social media.....the clarity of what is be said and being interpreted.....

No matter the reason....what looked like a promising 2018 for HERD football with a veteran QB at the helm...just took a major hit with Chase departing Huntington. Makes Spring practice VERY interesting...when & if new OC & DC are announced.....I doubt we lose any commitments......

My daughter & Family live in Palos Verdes estates...about a 3-minute drive to the Pacific Ocean....pretty place. We spent 18 days there in December. I loved wearing shorts & t-shirts while visiting....

Zilla22 in Charlotte

I actually no longer live in Cali. I moved to Columbus Ohio (specifically Dublin, OH) it was a work thing, but I’ve been caliherd for a lot of years so I didn’t change when I moved to Columbus.

I lived in So Cal for 15 years. I lived in Hermosa Beach. I spent a lot of time in Palos Verdes. I actually got married at the Wayfarers Chapel (known as the glass chapel) in PV. PV is one of the prettiest places in So Cal. The views are amazing!

I will most likely retire to So Cal I really loved living there and I have a lot of friends and family spread out over the whole state including Northern Cal.

NO PROBLEM....biggest issue with social media.....the clarity of what is be said and being interpreted.....

Zilla22 in Charlotte
So I just went an looked at all time passing stats and Cato is number 1 alltime passing and Litton will be number 5 will numbers are updated. So Bill Legg had the number 1 and 5(in only three years) all-time passing leaders at Marshall and he gets fired. Littons soph year is what cost everyone in this deal.

1 Rakeem Cato 14,079 2011 2012 2013 2014
2 Chad Pennington 13,143 1995 1997 1998 1999
3 Byron Leftwich 11,903 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002
4 Michael Payton 9,411 1989 1990 1991 1992
5 Todd Donnan 7,050 1991 1992 1993 1994
6 John Gregory 7,020 1986 1987 1988 1989
7 Carl Fodor 6,655 1982 1983 1984 1985
8 Tony Petersen 6,501 1986 1987
9 Bernard Morris 5,616 2004 2005 2006 2007
10 Brian Anderson 5,403 2007 2008 2009 2010

I actually no longer live in Cali. I moved to Columbus Ohio (specifically Dublin, OH) it was a work thing, but I’ve been caliherd for a lot of years so I didn’t change when I moved to Columbus.

I lived in So Cal for 15 years. I lived in Hermosa Beach. I spent a lot of time in Palos Verdes. I actually got married at the Wayfarers Chapel (known as the glass chapel) in PV. PV is one of the prettiest places in So Cal. The views are amazing!

I will most likely retire to So Cal I really loved living there and I have a lot of friends and family spread out over the whole state including Northern Cal.

PV or La Jolla for the Views?

Anywhere along the Coast on a No Haze day can see Tijuana. I can see a nice view right outside my doorstep.

Agreed, but he didn't stay so we cant rank him among the top. His freshman year had the traditional learning curve mistakes, year two one could debate he should have been kicked off the team, and yr three was a success (not huge but yes a success), so in my mind this is not a hall of fame career and one with unrealized potential. The thing that upsets me is if Doc thought Chase was leaving in August he could have gotten the freshman some reps to get him ready for next season. Now you have a freshmen and two soph. and when the starter is named someone is leaving because they are young and can find someplace to play.

Doc didn’t know Chase was leaving. There were suspicions when they discovered Chase didn’t show up for his classes at the start of this semester.

So if I'm wrong...what is your ranking for Chase? I think in order: Cato...Chad...Byron...CHASE LITTON...and he was not far from becoming #2 all time at MU in yardage, TDs, etc.

Correct me if I am wrong.............

Zilla22

Are you saying stats only or the Mount Rushmore type list? If Mount Rushmore then i have to strongly disagree with you. Not even top 5 all time. Chad, Bryon, Cato, Peterson, Payton, Donnan would all be ahead of Chase on my list.....

Hell, I would rank Bernie Morris above Chase considering the poor Herd teams he played on and the strength of schedule he played against compared to Chase.

Reactions: AllEers6
Good Lord, what delusion. This is WVU fan level. Where every player is going to win the Heisman (but no one ever does), every draft class is number 10 or so and is chock full of people they beat out major programs for (but the major programs have never heard of them, and in three or four years all of those fake news five stars take their asswhippings from the Big 2 and beyone) and every August "usens is gonna win that there national champieeenship" (but they never do).

Did any of you people actually WATCH CL play? Were any of you actually old enough to watch some of the SUPERSTAR names into which you casually toss CL in among? Do you actually understand football at all?

CL is mediocre to poor quarterback, whose "era" was one disasterous and two mediocre years at a mid-major. He started 11 games as a freshman, for a team that was a not bad 10-3 against a weak schedule; we all know what he "acomplished" as a soph, and last year he went 8-5 against another soft schedule. This "career" ended with the OC fired.

This is simply not an NFL level skill set, LEAVING OUT TOTALLY HIS "ISSUES".

This guy pissed away whatever shot he had at using football to learn a life skill. His chances at the NFL were decided long ago, by his Maker, who did not endow him with the ability to be such.

I actually no longer live in Cali. I moved to Columbus Ohio (specifically Dublin, OH)

Westerville here...did you ever get involved with the Central OH Big Green chapter? It was very active about 6 years ago, but I don't even know if there is one anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT