ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING Litton is declaring for the draft

Huge mistake , a ton of much better QB's will be in the draft add to that this kid couldnt even lead CUSA as the top QB in the conference..CUSA...what in the world is he thinking and where was the head man in this decision. Would be interesting to hear what Holliday said to him or what recommendation or guidance Holliday provided.

Westerville here...did you ever get involved with the Central OH Big Green chapter? It was very active about 6 years ago, but I don't even know if there is one anymore.

I did when it first started but I honestly didn’t stay with it. I would be interested in getting involved again.

Would be interesting to hear what Holliday said to him or what recommendation or guidance Holliday provided.
Doc told him he'd talk him up with his industry leading coach speak.

This voicemail was left for Mel Kiper:
"I've been around some great quarterbacks... Tim Tebow, Phillip Rivers, Rakeem Cato. And honestly, Litton might be the best leader and biggest competitor I've ever coached."

I actually no longer live in Cali. I moved to Columbus Ohio (specifically Dublin, OH) it was a work thing, but I’ve been caliherd for a lot of years so I didn’t change when I moved to Columbus.

I lived in So Cal for 15 years. I lived in Hermosa Beach. I spent a lot of time in Palos Verdes. I actually got married at the Wayfarers Chapel (known as the glass chapel) in PV. PV is one of the prettiest places in So Cal. The views are amazing!

I will most likely retire to So Cal I really loved living there and I have a lot of friends and family spread out over the whole state including Northern Cal.

YES caliherd...the Glass Chapel is amazing (near my daughter's home).....We spent some time at Hermosa Beach (beautiful sunsets) as well as Redondo & Huntington Beach. Cuz-in-laws Dan (lived in Huntington Beach) & Mike D'Antoni (lived in Malibu) when Mike was coaching the Lakers. We went to Pasadena twice [before the Rose Bowl Game) and the Tuesday after the game to see the floats...it was hot (86 degrees). I also visited Trump National Golf Course & purchased a greens repair golf tool (only $15)......

Retiring in California? I can understand why......folks are willing to pay for the Pacific Ocean & the great weather (year around).You better same your $$$$$ and maybe drop your Pledge to The Big Green.......LOL....Teddy K & Mike H. will kick my arse for suggesting this.... LOL

Closing...my heart and prayers continue to be directed to the folks in California that are suffering because of the Wild Fires & Mud Slides. Scary Scary.

HerdZilla22 (Gary Sweeney) in Charlotte

Reactions: caliherd
Are you saying stats only or the Mount Rushmore type list? If Mount Rushmore then i have to strongly disagree with you. Not even top 5 all time. Chad, Bryon, Cato, Peterson, Payton, Donnan would all be ahead of Chase on my list.....

Certainly NOT MT RUSHMORE.....Sash19...I am almost sure once the book is closed on Chase ...the Passing Stats are updated.....he will climb to No 5......on the All-Time Stats list for HERD QBs.

Not bad for 3-years with his 2nd year being a dumpster fire........

Zilla22

Great character, arm, field command, will rise in draft.

Why people hate lawyers, politicians, and sports agents. The ability to actually say, with an actual straight face, things so fantastically stupid that no one could believe them.

Sorry Chris, but I think Mel Kiper disagrees. Here are the top 15 QB's he thinks will be drafted and CL is not on the list.

http://insider.espn.com/nfl/draft/positions/_/id/8/year/2018

Great link. I've searched every draft site I have ever seen, and NOT ONE seems to have even heard of this guy. Not that this one or that one has a negative opinion, NO ONE has any opinion on him AT ALL. Not worthy of mention.

I would like to see a non-local link where somebody even bothers to give five seconds worth of time to analyzing this fantastical proposition, because there do not seem to be any.

Great link. I've searched every draft site I have ever seen, and NOT ONE seems to have even heard of this guy. Not that this one or that one has a negative opinion, NO ONE has any opinion on him AT ALL. Not worthy of mention.

I would like to see a non-local link where somebody even bothers to give five seconds worth of time to analyzing this fantastical proposition, because there do not seem to be any.

Rosen... Mayfield... Rudolph... Darnold... Allen... Jackson (in whatever order you like).

After that, its a crap shoot.

Those six guys will likely be all of the QBs taken in the first 3 rounds but as far as round 4 and beyond, its all about who scouts from each independent franchise like. All you need is one team to love you late. As a Raven fan, its pretty safe to say they will be drafting a QB for depth at some point in the late rounds (Flacco isn't going anywhere but they are probably not resigning Ryan Mallet). There may be other teams in the same situation.

Reactions: Chris McLaughlin
Good gawd boys, we had one of the best QB's in the nation and our fans and staff didn't know it.

And that really is the point. To buy into this fantastical proposition, you have to believe that our coaching staff had a QB among the top 5 to 10 of his generation, but somehow he muddled along to an extremely mediocre career against a lighter than air schedule. If CL was one-fifth as good as the delusionals NOW say he is, the entire staff should be fired, if not shot.

Extra laughs at actually posting random twitteridiots (I'm sure the poster never heard of before today) including one genius who has the program cancer in the 19 FIRST ROUND.

You guys did WATCH some Marshall football the last 3 years, right? You have seen NFL games some, right?

If Chase sails half of his passes too high and off target at the combine, (as he did so often this past season) I would think all these folks jumping the bandwagon will back off.

I hope he makes it big in the NFL and will make sure to give props to Marshall throughout his career. I just don't understand how his weaknesses getting exposed by some of the worst teams in college football will get much better when staring down an NFL defense. Our O-line did one thing extremely well this year and that was offer Chase protection, yet he still stared down receivers, his passes were too high, too short, way off target altogether, etc.

J.T. Barrett isn't an NFL QB prospect. Not much of one, anyways.

And opinions on who the top QB is vary quite a bit. CBS says Mason Rudolph is the top guy:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2018/QB

I have followed Mason Rudolph since
his high school days at Rock Hill, SC Northwestern HS (less than 30 minutes south of Charlotte) and he always had the ability to "put a team on his back" and carry them to victory. Not sure what his connection to Ok State was from his HS days......but he proved to be a winner from day 1. I would be surprised if he is not a good PRO QB......I hope Carolina may draft him because I question Cam Newton's throwing accuracy. Were it not be for Cam's running ability...he would be less than an average PRO QB...just my opinion. Cam can not beat the Saints.....

Zilla22

Chase leaving is a problem. Doc hitched his wagon to a kid with extreme character issues and it got Legg fired, it almost got Doc fired(and it still might), and the AD's butt is on the line (which is why he is in the interviews for the new OC). This guy is leaving a mess.

You have done nothing but b!tch about how bad Chase is and how you wanted one of the other QBs to start. You got your wish. Why are you guys now crying and complaining about Chase leaving? If Chase really was the problem and was holding Marshall back and these other QBs are so much better, then next year our offense should be explosive and Marshall should win at least 10 games and the conference championship. Right?

Hell, I would rank Bernie Morris above Chase considering the poor Herd teams he played on and the strength of schedule he played against compared to Chase.

Bernie Morris? Morris was worse than Skinner and those two QBs had 3 Offensive linemen that signed NFL contracts and Ahmad Bradshaw helping them out. Neither one of those guys were all that great. Litton is head and shoulders above both of them and Anderson for that matter.

Reactions: ToesMU
You have done nothing but b!tch about how bad Chase is and how you wanted one of the other QBs to start. You got your wish. Why are you guys now crying and complaining about Chase leaving? If Chase really was the problem and was holding Marshall back and these other QBs are so much better, then next year our offense should be explosive and Marshall should win at least 10 games and the conference championship. Right?
You are correct. I just felt Chase was costing Legg his job. I guess now that both have left its sad how it turned out. Our football team won 8 games and won a bowl and the turnover looks more like team that didn't win.

Bernie Morris? Morris was worse than Skinner and those two QBs had 3 Offensive linemen that signed NFL contracts and Ahmad Bradshaw helping them out. Neither one of those guys were all that great. Litton is head and shoulders above both of them and Anderson for that matter.

Ha. if you think Morris was worse than Skinner, I don't need to read anymore FB posts from you.

Reactions: pdbailey
You are correct. I just felt Chase was costing Legg his job. I guess now that both have left its sad how it turned out. Our football team won 8 games and won a bowl and the turnover looks more like team that didn't win.

It's how we prerformed against the better teams over the last 2-3 years. Wins are great and it was a great rebound from 2016. But to get better and improve against the better teams, sometimes changes need to be made. They were, now let's move on and hope for good results.

Legg and Litton are history.

Huge mistake , a ton of much better QB's will be in the draft add to that this kid couldnt even lead CUSA as the top QB in the conference..CUSA...what in the world is he thinking and where was the head man in this decision. Would be interesting to hear what Holliday said to him or what recommendation or guidance Holliday provided.
I'm pretty sure Doc didn't want him to leave with the team we have coming back in 2018.

Last edited:
When I think of Chase Litton's character...this is what comes to mind:

Ouch. The good news is that hopefully Chase learned something from Ryan Leaf when he spoke to the team this past season.

Last edited:
Ha. if you think Morris was worse than Skinner, I don't need to read anymore FB posts from you.

Skinner had a higher QB rating than Morris in both 2005 and 2006 when Snyder was rotating them. Neither were all that good. .

Skinner had a higher QB rating than Morris in both 2005 and 2006 when Snyder was rotating them. Neither were all that good. .
Skinner typically played the lesser opponents and Bernie did pull out a few wins for us. I agree neither were that good but they were also on mediocre to bad teams.

Skinner typically played the lesser opponents and Bernie did pull out a few wins for us. I agree neither were that good but they were also on mediocre to bad teams.

Bernie was greatly improved by his senior year. It was a shame he wasn't a sophomore at that point, because, if he would have been able to continue playing for us, he could have ended up being a decent QB.

Reactions: 19MU88
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT