ADVERTISEMENT

LSU and Covid Policy

bbneutralfan

Gold Buffalo
Sep 29, 2010
Could this happen to us?
LSU will require anyone attending Tiger Stadium who is 12 years of age or older to provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within the last 72 hours, the school announced on Tuesday.

LSU, which became the first school in the SEC to outline such a policy, cited a rise in COVID-19 cases and the "highly transmissible" delta variant.

The policy will go into effect in time for LSU's home opener against McNeese State on Sept. 11.

Those younger than 12 will not have to show proof of a negative PCR test. However, masks will be required for children between 5 and 11 years old and encouraged for those younger than 5.

According to the CDC, only 50.3% of adults in the state of Louisiana have been fully vaccinated -- a rate that's among the 10 lowest in the U.S.

"As the flagship institution of the state of Louisiana, our foremost responsibility is to ensure the safety of our students, our supporters, and our community," LSU President William F. Tate IV said in a statement. "While we are aware of the diverse perspectives across the nation regarding masks and vaccinations, we must take all reasonable measures to protect our campus and community, not only on gamedays, but long after guests have left Tiger Stadium. The current threat to our lives, our health, and to our medical systems due to COVID-19 is overburdening our hospitals, and we must do our part to stop the spread."

Fans who have received only one shot of the two-shot Pfizer or Moderna vaccines will be required to show a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours of kickoff.

"We have the best fans in college football, and we are doing everything we can to ensure their experience in Tiger Stadium this fall is safe and enjoyable," LSU director of athletics Scott Woodward said in a statement. "When our fans arrive on Saturdays to cheer on the Tigers, they will have confidence that we have taken measures to mitigate their health risks. Our football team has reached 99.1% vaccination, and we are incredibly proud of them for doing their part to protect their team and their community. We are confident our fans will do the same, and I encourage all Tiger fans to receive vaccinations today."

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...ovid-19-pcr-test-required-enter-tiger-stadium

Georgia just announced their policy

The school plans to be completely back to normal this fall for home football games, with capacity crowds of 92,746 at Sanford Stadium. There will be no masks or social-distancing requirements this year, and Georgia will not be asking for proof of vaccination to enter the grounds. Tailgating also is being permitted this season.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Georgia just announced their policy

The school plans to be completely back to normal this fall for home football games, with capacity crowds of 92,746 at Sanford Stadium. There will be no masks or social-distancing requirements this year, and Georgia will not be asking for proof of vaccination to enter the grounds. Tailgating also is being permitted this season.
“Plans to be completely back to normal”!

Have no problem with that decision. They are not saying you have to be vaccinated. Just that if you want to attend the games you must be vaccinated or a negative test. Just like the resteraunts requiring the same. Everyone has a choice. None of them are saying you have to get the shot(s) just if you want to partake you must be. You then have a choice to make. If you want to go get tested or take the shots. This still is a free country, you are free to choose, but businesses (And yes college football is a business) get to also have the choice of what to do. I also, don't believe the government has the right to demand everyone get vaccinated. Sounds probably to some of you are the same thing, but no it is not. Businesses are not mandating you get a vaccination, just if you wish to partake in the things my business offers you must be vaccinated or show that you are free of COVID. You still get to choose for yourself.

Reactions: Chevy1
It could trickle down. Oregon and Oregon State were the first to implement this policy last week. That led me to believe it was more of a state decision. But if it's only LSU in Louisiana, I guess it's not.

I will not do business with people that want me to show my medical records, that includes sporting events. Showing my shot records or medical records to buy a hot dog, eat at Outback , or to go to a football game is beyond what I am willing to share. It puts the business, employee, and customer in an awkward and bad decision. I have a tv and will just watch games there if that becomes a requirement.

I will not do business with people that want me to show my medical records, that includes sporting events. Showing my shot records or medical records to buy a hot dog, eat at Outback , or to go to a football game is beyond what I am willing to share. It puts the business, employee, and customer in an awkward and bad decision. I have a tv and will just watch games there if that becomes a requirement.
It will be, and buy yourself a bigger TV and stock up on frozen meals.

First, its hardly a “medical record”. Its a receipt from a shot.

Second, it is well established that the government can mandate vaccinations, as it does with school kids, food handlers, etc. But there is no political will in either party for this, as of the each has one of the two most shot refusing groups in their camps.

So, rather than a mandate, we are looking at “petty discrimination” The whole thing is going electronic and shot resisters will not be allowed to shop, eat out, fly, ride the bus, go to the movies, or attend sports, including MU sports.

This has to be done. Billions of $$ have been spent and herd (no pun intended) immunity must be achieved. The loonie views of loons notwithstanding.

It will be, and buy yourself a bigger TV and stock up on frozen meals.

First, its hardly a “medical record”. Its a receipt from a shot.

Second, it is well established that the government can mandate vaccinations, as it does with school kids, food handlers, etc. But there is no political will in either party for this, as of the each has one of the two most shot refusing groups in their camps.

So, rather than a mandate, we are looking at “petty discrimination” The whole thing is going electronic and shot resisters will not be allowed to shop, eat out, fly, ride the bus, go to the movies, or attend sports, including MU sports.

This has to be done. Billions of $$ have been spent and herd (no pun intended) immunity must be achieved. The loonie views of loons notwithstanding.
I am not arguing against the shot or vaccines. But, I am not going to walk around with a vaccine record. Because at some point it won't just be a vaccine record. They will open the flood gates. Frankly, I don't trust the politicians(on either side) with this. They are never going to let it go nor give up the power. When they see live gate and money drop and it is already crushing business in certain locations they will stop.

I don't need to see a football game that bad.

Several major festivals and events down here in NC have announced in the last couple days that they will require the same (either a verified vaccination card or a negative test within 72 hours of the event).

At the end of the day, people are going to get the shot whether they like it or not. The military is mandating it for all active duty personnel, several of the largest health systems in the country are now mandating it for employment, the federal government will mandate it for anyone who works in a govt building, universities will eventually mandate it, and the trickle down will continue... The question is, will that happen fast enough to outpace whatever variant is coming next.

Reactions: The Real SamC
Several major festivals and events down here in NC have announced in the last couple days that they will require the same (either a verified vaccination card or a negative test within 72 hours of the event).

At the end of the day, people are going to get the shot whether they like it or not. The military is mandating it for all active duty personnel, several of the largest health systems in the country are now mandating it for employment, the federal government will mandate it for anyone who works in a govt building, universities will eventually mandate it, and the trickle down will continue... The question is, will that happen fast enough to outpace whatever variant is coming next.
Read my statement above. It is not about the vaccine. Wait until they put all your medical records on the app among other things.

Want t break down the segments of society of who are not getting the vaccine? I bet nobody wants to really have that discussion.

I go to football games to enjoy and escape the "real world", not to provide papers to the Gestapo. I just won't go.

Now, I will exit the thread as we are close to crossing lines we should not on this forum.

Reactions: goherdorgohome2
Have no problem with that decision. They are not saying you have to be vaccinated. Just that if you want to attend the games you must be vaccinated or a negative test. Just like the resteraunts requiring the same. Everyone has a choice. None of them are saying you have to get the shot(s) just if you want to partake you must be. You then have a choice to make. If you want to go get tested or take the shots. This still is a free country, you are free to choose, but businesses (And yes college football is a business) get to also have the choice of what to do. I also, don't believe the government has the right to demand everyone get vaccinated. Sounds probably to some of you are the same thing, but no it is not. Businesses are not mandating you get a vaccination, just if you wish to partake in the things my business offers you must be vaccinated or show that you are free of COVID. You still get to choose for yourself.
LOL sounds like you like this idea..

Wait until they put all your medical records on the app among other things.
There is currently no system in place for universal storage of medical information, despite the fact that it would be hugely helpful, especially to senior patients with mental impairments who may not be able to tell an ER doc what their allergy history is, for example. My mom used to carry around a five page excel spreadsheet that she would hand to doctors anytime my dad got admitted. We prayed something like this would exist.

It doesn't, however, because healthcare privacy laws prevent the open sharing of medical information. There's something called HIPAA you may have seen mentioned here before. Your private medical history is something that has been proven many times over in US courts to be something you have a right to; unless you think the court that President Trump has established is going to change that, I wouldn't worry.

The whole slippery-slope argument is just a fantasy that people are using to explain away the fact you're just afraid. Afraid of a shot, afraid of a needle, afraid of your friends thinking you're a liberal, whatever - just a bunch of things you're apparently afraid of more than a novel virus that's killed millions globally in the last year, and will likely kill tens of millions in the years to come as it becomes a permanent resident within the human ecosystem.

Right now the entire world is pumping out vaccine in a desperate attempt to avoid that future, but human beings aren't gods and we are not able to get it out fast enough. The Delta variant began in India, and has now taken over the whole world. The next variant could come from Nepal, or Luxembourg, or Saudi Arabia, anywhere. Until the problem is solved everywhere, its solved nowhere, and as Herculean a task as immunizing the third world is, no one expected people living in first world countries to willfully be just as backward.

Americans can't stop being Americans, phrasing this whole thing as some kind of debate over "mah rahts as an Amurican" when its a pandemic. A worldwide disease. Most of the people getting this thing and dying from it don't even live on this contintent and couldn't care two wits about the coiled snake flag on the back of your pickup. This is a war between humanity and a virus, and ya'll are giving aid and comfort to the enemy.

Last edited:
I want to post in this thread really badly, but I need clarification if some of these hot takes are border line political in nature. As you know, I'm not one to break the rules, nor even try to skirt around them.

Reactions: RhinoD
There is currently no system in place for universal storage of medical information, despite the fact that it would be hugely helpful, especially to senior patients with mental impairments who may not be able to tell an ER doc what their allergy history is, for example. My mom used to carry around a five page excel spreadsheet that she would hand to doctors anytime my dad got admitted. We prayed something like this would exist.

It doesn't, however, because healthcare privacy laws prevent the open sharing of medical information. There's something called HIPAA you may have seen mentioned here before. Your private medical history is something that has been proven many times over in US courts to be something you have a right to; unless you think the court that President Trump has established is going to change that, I wouldn't worry.

The whole slippery-slope argument is just a fantasy that people are using to explain away the fact you're just afraid. Afraid of a shot, afraid of a needle, afraid of your friends thinking you're a liberal, whatever - just a bunch of things you're apparently afraid of more than a novel virus that's killed millions globally in the last year, and will likely kill tens of millions in the years to come as it becomes a permanent resident within the human ecosystem.

Right now the entire world is pumping out vaccine in a desperate attempt to avoid that future, but human beings aren't gods and we are not able to get it out fast enough. The Delta variant began in India, and has now taken over the whole world. The next variant could come from Nepal, or Luxembourg, or Saudi Arabia, anywhere. Until the problem is solved everywhere, its solved nowhere, and as Herculean a task as immunizing the third world is, no one expected people living in first world countries to willfully be just as backward.

Americans can't stop being Americans, phrasing this whole thing as some kind of debate over "mah rahts as an Amurican" when its a pandemic. A worldwide disease. Most of the people getting this thing and dying from it don't even live on this contintent and couldn't care two wits about the coiled snake flag on the back of your pickup. This is a war between humanity and a virus, and ya'll are fighting on the side of the virus.
I have stated a few times I m not arguing against the vaccine. It is a slippery slope. We have already gone down a slippery slope in this country with it. Look how many times the CDC has screwed up. Changed their minds and been wrong? Look how the governor of NY(who has been removed for other reasons) handled covid and killed elderly people.

There are people in this country who would turn this into Australia. If you are not familiar with what they are doing then I suggest you look at it.

There are people in our govt and politicians hell bent on power and would turn this to their advantage for control. When will they stop.

I am a salesperson it shouldn't be my job to check people's vaccine cards. If it is that damn dangerous then shut everything down and hide under a rock.

I want to post in this thread really badly, but I need clarification if some of these hot takes are border line political in nature. As you know, I'm not one to break the rules, nor even try to skirt around them.
On Pullman now. Have at it.

I be damned if I'm wearing any stinking mask to any outdoor football game, or even an indoor one for that matter.

Anybody that requires a mask for me to enter their premises, thanks, but no thanks. I'll find other places to go, and if I cannot find somewhere else to go, I'll stay home and eat beans and drink beers out there on the porch.

Thing is, that stupid Doc Fauci is responsible for this mess. He, in collaboration with the Chinks, have made a fortune off this damn thing.

So, no mask for me moving forward. It's over folks. I'd rather die than go around town with that stupid mask on again. They pull that here at work, and I'm done. Turn 62 in March, so I can make it.

I think you don’t know me very well..
I do need to clarify, I don't personally care if anyone is or isn't vaccinated... Your call is your call.

But at some point, it will become a proposition where if you would like to work, shop, eat out, attend any large event, send your kids to school, etc, you will have to have the vaccination... That is in no way political commentary (so I too can obey message board rules) but rather an analysis of where things are headed. How long the process takes is the question.

I be damned if I'm wearing any stinking mask to any outdoor football game, or even an indoor one for that matter.

Anybody that requires a mask for me to enter their premises, thanks, but no thanks. I'll find other places to go, and if I cannot find somewhere else to go, I'll stay home and eat beans and drink beers out there on the porch.

Thing is, that stupid Doc Fauci is responsible for this mess. He, in collaboration with the Chinks, have made a fortune off this damn thing.

So, no mask for me moving forward. It's over folks. I'd rather die than go around town with that stupid mask on again. They pull that here at work, and I'm done. Turn 62 in March, so I can make it.
I have already cancelled going to the Marshall vs Navy game over it. I am not wearing a damn mask at at football game.

You are correct Fauci caused a lot of this mistrust and problem. He needs to go. And, our country won't even blame the Chinks who caused it.

We don't even know who is coming across our southern border. But, they demand I wear a mask at the Marshall vs Navy game. Well, Kiss MY Ass MUSH.

I do need to clarify, I don't personally care if anyone is or isn't vaccinated... Your call is your call.

But at some point, it will become a proposition where if you would like to work, shop, eat out, attend any large event, send your kids to school, etc, you will have to have the vaccination... That is in no way political commentary (so I too can obey message board rules) but rather an analysis of where things are headed. How long the process takes is the question.
Will go on forever

People need to take a second to think about the simple realities of banning people from daily life based on a vaccination.
This one time, my dad got a postcard in the mail that said:

"Congratulations, Herdalicious Sr.! You've just won an all-expense-paid trip to Southeast Asia for the next three years, where you'll live in a jungle and fight in the Vietnamese Civil War, all because an analyst in a room far removed from the holler you grew up in determined it would be 'strategically advantageous' for you and most of the able-bodied young men in your neighborhood to do it! Please note: If you refuse to accept this prize, you will be jailed for a period to be determined by the US government, and branded as a coward and traitor by your country and community (except for those liberal pinko sissies who are saying you don't deserve this)."

If only he knew his rights! What a slippery slope that must've been!

This one time, my dad got a postcard in the mail that said:

"Congratulations, Herdalicious Sr.! You've just won an all-expense-paid trip to Southeast Asia for the next three years, where you'll live in a jungle and fight in the Vietnamese Civil War, all because an analyst in a room far removed from the holler you grew up in determined it would be 'strategically advantageous' for you and most of the able-bodied young men in your neighborhood to do it! Please note: If you refuse to accept this prize, you will be jailed for a period to be determined by the US government, and branded as a coward and traitor by your country and community (except for those liberal pinko sissies who are saying you don't deserve this)."

If only he knew his rights! What a slippery slope that must've been!

The issue, as in the case with your dad, is trust. Look what all has been botched, lied about, and waffled on. Then, we got into shaming people in terms of mask vs not mask, vaccinations vs not vaccinations. Hell, the vaccinations are proving to be limited and now we need boosters and this variant is immune to the vaccination. And, 4 years old in pre-school need to wear a mask which probably goes against scientific measure. Where does it end?

I am not arguing against the shot or vaccines. But, I am not going to walk around with a vaccine record. Because at some point it won't just be a vaccine record. They will open the flood gates. Frankly, I don't trust the politicians(on either side) with this. They are never going to let it go nor give up the power. When they see live gate and money drop and it is already crushing business in certain locations they will stop.

I don't need to see a football game that bad.
Your choice. Stay home and stay safe.

What in the world are you talking about Herdalicious?
He’s referencing the draft and/or lottery in place during the Vietnam War and being forced to make a decision of serving your country or not and if you chose the latter then you faced penalties imposed by our government.

He’s referencing the draft and/or lottery in place during the Vietnam War and being forced to make a decision of serving your country or not and if you chose the latter then you faced penalties imposed by our government.
That was obvious. What wasn't obvious was equating a military draft to forcing proof of a vaccination before going out to dinner..... :rolleyes:

I'll also say, I attended a concert last night. It was an outdoor concert and the place was jammed full. Elbow to elbow. No mask or proof of vaccine required.

That was obvious. What wasn't obvious was equating a military draft to forcing proof of a vaccination before going out to dinner..... :rolleyes:

I'll also say, I attended a concert last night. It was an outdoor concert and the place was jammed full. Elbow to elbow. No mask or proof of vaccine required.
I attend work everyday, in a extremely hot sweaty steel mill, elbow deep in electrical panels with peers, face to face (not 6’) meetings. I go out for lunch to someplace local on the daily, travel out of state to Tennessee, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio. My work place is essential so we never closed, we had many positive test at work, 2 people in my office sitting 5’11” away test positive with no symptoms, not a single hospitalization. I never wore a mask unless a public place asked me to, I’ll never be Jabbed and me and my family are just fine... you don’t have to give in to their every command...

I agree with you on that. will not do business with those companies or organizations, but do believe if that is what they decide to do for their business or organization it is their right to do, just like it is our right to not do business with them. We do live in a free country still.

Reactions: goherdorgohome2
I agree with you on that. will not do business with those companies or organizations, but do believe if that is what they decide to do for their business or organization it is their right to do, just like it is our right to not do business with them. We do live in a free country still.
i agree with you.

Taken.
Opinion unchanged.
Let's say it a miracle world, 90% of the people were vaccinated in this country. I bet we would still be hearing wear a mask, close this down, social distance. There are nuts that would do what Australia does, like lockdown a large city over a handful of people having it. These politicians and control freaks don;t like giving power up.

LOL sounds like you like this idea..
I neither like or dislike this, just stating my opinion that businesses have the right to make decisions based on their business structure and their personal beliefs. There is no mandate that everyone be Vaccinated, just you get to choose. If you wish to partake in my business model, you need to be vaccinated, if you don't is your choice. FYI: I have bee vaccinated, but if a business tells me I gotta show them a card to come in their establishment, I will go somewhere else. Is none of their business in my opinion. I, however, will support their decision to do what they think is best for them. It is still a free country. They are free to make their choice and I am free to say no thank you for me.

ADVERTISEMENT