ADVERTISEMENT

Luke Frampton

bbneutralfan

Gold Buffalo
Sep 29, 2010
Former Poca HS standout who signed with Davidson but rumored to have left the team. Anyone know anything regarding this whether true or false? Hey meister if true is DD going to offer him?

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Former Poca HS standout who signed with Davidson but rumored to have left the team. Anyone know anything regarding this whether true or false? Hey meister if true is DD going to offer him?

I wouldn't put too much thought into this.

I don't want him at MU, but will he play college ball again or is he done??

and was it the relationship with the head coach??

I've heard that he may or may not play again.

No.

thanks. that's one of the rumors I had heard, but I don't think I ever saw the reason he left, not that worried about it though. Certainly wish him the best, used to watch him as a youngster play youth basketball in Nitro.

Don't expect an offer from Marshall. Number one reason is we have none to offer.

Reactions: 5150
I'd take both but I see Frampton as a better fit. He's the type of shooter - he hit on 114 out of 295 3s, which is 39% - we need for Dan's offense to really take off.
for any of that to happen someone would have to sit at their own expense a year. I doubt that either of the above players are eligible for a Promise Scholarship. We know that Frampton had academic problems at Davidson and I honestly don't know about Knapper in the classroom

for any of that to happen someone would have to sit at their own expense a year. I doubt that either of the above players are eligible for a Promise Scholarship. We know that Frampton had academic problems at Davidson and I honestly don't know about Knapper in the classroom
I thought you indicated above players may not be coming back?

DD has stated to me several times that he will not allow MU to be fall back school for any kids that had the chance to come to MU and didnt so i strongly doubt either kid getting an opportunity and i agree with his stance. cant be looked at as 2nd fiddle

Reactions: Always The Herd
DD has stated to me several times that he will not allow MU to be fall back school for any kids that had the chance to come to MU and didnt so i strongly doubt either kid getting an opportunity and i agree with his stance. cant be looked at as 2nd fiddle

Rondale Watson says hello.

He was committed to WF about 6 months before DD arrived at MU so...…………..

True, but he still had the option to come here.

I’m not blaming the kid for choosing the better option. I’m just saying that by stating you “will not allow for Marshall to be a fall back school,” you’re shutting down a number of options.....especially with the transfer portal being what it is nowadays.

I just think that’s foolish.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
True, but he still had the option to come here.

I’m not blaming the kid for choosing the better option. I’m just saying that by stating you “will not allow for Marshall to be a fall back school,” you’re shutting down a number of options.....especially with the transfer portal being what it is nowadays.

I just think that’s foolish.

Oh I'm not sure I agree with it as an absolute policy either, nothing should be just yes or no. I mean, maybe as a general rule, but if we have a need or a player is all that, then by all means I have no problem with taking a player that went elsewhere after we recruited him.

just telling you what DD told me. he didnt recruit watson so that didnt apply at the time and just because a kid goes to a bigger school it doesnt mean its a better place for them, hence the 1k transfers every year

just telling you what DD told me. he didnt recruit watson so that didnt apply at the time and just because a kid goes to a bigger school it doesnt mean its a better place for them, hence the 1k transfers every year

totally believe you and agree. I've heard that DD comment repeated from several others.

and me personally i agree with him. if a kid thinks he has a better option, good for him but if im DD i wouldnt take them either. you have to set a precedent and believe in your program. dont let anyone treat you as 2nd fiddle

But he recruited Chase Johnson and tried like hell to get him to transfer back to MU before he chose Dayton.

I fully believe Dan spouts BS like this to get our fan's dander up. Nothing wrong with that. Coach is a hell of a salesman and knows how to connect with people. But as @19MU88 said, if a kid fits a need Dan would 100% take him as a transfer, even if he had an offer from MU out of high school.

But he recruited Chase Johnson and tried like hell to get him to transfer back to MU before he chose Dayton.

I fully believe Dan spouts BS like this to get our fan's dander up. Nothing wrong with that. Coach is a hell of a salesman and knows how to connect with people. But as @19MU88 said, if a kid fits a need Dan would 100% take him as a transfer, even if he had an offer from MU out of high school.

I don't think we had a scholly to give when we recruited Johnson as a transfer, did we? wasn't that this past summer?

I think the Hprep kid is a far different situation than Luke Frampton, did we even get in the door on him? and an elite national recruit choosing Duke? compared to LF who DD thought we had and spurned us for another mid major out of state?

It seems to me that DD has general policy and may make exceptions, but in the case of Frampton? I'm o.k. either way that DD would go, but it sounds like no interest on either side and I'm fine if our door is closed for Frampton whether he is interested or not. Maybe State has a spot if he wants to be close to home.

I certainly understand your position.
& I say that as someone who isn’t a bit sympathetic toward the Frampton’s. Both brothers have been presented great opportunities and neither one cashed in on it.

But Luke does provide a skillset we desperately need. I don’t care if it’s him or not. We just need some shooters.

Reactions: 5150
I thought you indicated above players may not be coming back?
Danny discussed playing time available to every player the week after the tournament. At that time ALL decided they wanted to return except Cam Brook Harris. Could that change? Sure. But considering players report to classes and summer practice the first week of June. Granted this year could be an exception on reporting

Danny discussed playing time available to every player the week after the tournament. At that time ALL decided they wanted to return except Cam Brook Harris. Could that change? Sure. But considering players report to classes and summer practice the first week of June. Granted this year could be an exception on reporting

Marshall will cancel the first summer session very soon. Doubtful there will be summer practice for some time.

Last edited:
I think it’s obvious there are a few guys who won’t see the floor much and I’m not sure how high their ceiling is. Why is it up to the player’s willingness to ride pine? Were there no lessons learned from Sustic?

Personally I think Frampton would fit in just fine in DDs offense. Allen Osborne (Poca HS) tan freewheeling offense when Like played. Someone mentioned grade issues but I have not heard that. And some forget that Elmore played at VMI before Marshall.

I think potential transfers need to be assessed on a case by case basis. No two players exact circumstances, reasons for transferring, etc., are exactly the same.

I just know that a lot of good Herd players over the years have started their careers at other D1 schools before coming to MU, and some of them were no doubt recruited by MU out of high school, either heavily or casually.

Believe Deon Dobbs and Carlton King were at WVU before transferring to MU. We know Corny Jackson was in the SEC and A.W. Hamilton was in the ACC. Both, perhaps, sought more playing time elsewhere. Can't blame either one for taking a shot a playing in a "Major" conference! No reflection on the respective Herd staff at the time, either.

Not sure if they were initially recruited out of high school by MU coaches but sure glad that guys like Randy Noll (UK) and John Brannen (Morehead) ended up playing for the HERD! Ditto too for current Herd player Andy Taylor (Furman).

Also glad that Coach D took a shot in recruiting a one year transfer like James Kelly, who turned out to have a very good single season for the Herd. Such players on occasion can fill a urgent need for a team and Kelly did so nicely!

On the whole, IMO, transfers have done well in, and for, MU basketball. Believe that they can and will do so in the future, if utilized by the Coaching Staff!

Reactions: Josh Stowers
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT